Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Mayans were primitive savages for the most part.  

I'm not too concerned about what their calender or beliefs might imply for our modern world.  I don't think that makes me bigoted or judgmental, but rather pragmatic and reasonable.

They were not "primitive savages" as you say. They were very religious people and the sacrifices they performed was considered an honour in many cases. Many of those that were sacrificed did so of their own will, even those that were captured in battle. The didn't go around just killing people for no reason it was all based around religoius ceremonies designed to keep their gods happy.

They were separated from the rest of the world and didn't have the same advanced of the European people but were very advanced in the tecnology that they used. They had advanced irregation that rivaled that of rome and very advance mathematical system among other things.

Don't take this as a poke at you in any way, I am just relaying information. I took a class last semester that was a history of latin america from the migration from Asia to modern day. Very interesting people that shouldn't be dismissed so easily.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
obvious interest in 2012 will get the beast's attention and he will attempt to brand you with his mark. beware undue interest in this issue and show it at you perile..

I just want to know what's up is all.

pandora said the same thing.. so did eve..

How do you know so much about it then?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's when the Smurfs will rise and smurf us all over the place so we can live in smurfy way.

Smurf ya later.

Which raises another important philosophical question.  

Were smurfs gay, or was that one Smurfette the biggest whore in the land?

Watch the movie "Donnie Darko" for a great conversation on this topic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#4]
the mayan's had a huge golden calender given to them by the gods, some people thought it was aliens because of the planets that was listed on them, they couldn't of known about pluto and a planet outside that orbit, the spanish melted the gold disk down and stole the gold, now the interesting part is about the space rock that may hit earth in 2012. Thats why the calender is important because of all of these things that may or may not be chance.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If I was a Mayan, I would have knocked off and had a beer once I had gotten to around 1700 or so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
obvious interest in 2012 will get the beast's attention and he will attempt to brand you with his mark. beware undue interest in this issue and show it at you perile..

I just want to know what's up is all.

i read the warnings on the back of the box..
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Met any Mayans lately?

Yes.

There's 6 million of them left in Central America.

And they haven't been "Mayans" for centuries.

Yup, they're still in mexico, Belize and Guatemala.  The language is still being spoken and the Mexicans still call them "Maya"--albeit in a derisive manner.

We don't call Italians "Romans" unless they are actually residents of that city, and we haven't for centuries.

Same principle applies.

Not really.

You can readily identify those with Mayan genes....they're pretty distinctive-looking people.

The Mayan people lived in dozens of different city-states, so it's not like a nationality. It would be more correct to call them a "civilization"

There is no Maya, thus there are no Mayans. There may be millions of people of Mayan descent, but there are no Mayans. That kind of thinking is what got the whole Palestine boondoggle started.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Seems to me like their calander ended WAY before they thought it would.

Met any Mayans lately?

I was thinking the same thing, if they were so damn smart, why aren't they still around. If someone replies  " so and so came and killed them". Well if they can predict what will happen in 2012, they should have seen it coming.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i read the warnings on the back of the box..

Your screen name is very appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.

You can readily identify those with Mayan genes....they're pretty distinctive-looking people.

The Mayan people lived in dozens of different city-states, so it's not like a nationality. It would be more correct to call them a "civilization"

There is no Maya, thus there are no Mayans. There may be millions of people of Mayan descent, but there are no Mayans. That kind of thinking is what got the whole Palestine boondoggle started.

There was never a "Maya"

But there was a Mayan city-state (Chan Santa Cruz) that existed in 1901 and was even recognized as a independent nation by England.

Saying there are no Mayans would be the same as saying there are technically no Chinese because the Chin dynasty is over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, real stuff on the Mayans.

They never got around to inventing the wheel.

They conducted human sacrifices.

They never developed real mathematics.  Their system of mathematics was based on astronomical observation, not counting, and thus they had no multiplication.  Without multiplication, you don't advance to higher forms of mathematics and logic.

The priests were in charge of the calender and all other religious ceremonies.

The Aztecs killed them.  Then the Spanish killed the Aztecs.  Boo hoo.

The calender probably ends in 2012 because the priests got tired of doing it, or were all killed before they got any further than that.

Compared to Western societies of the same time period, they weren't really advanced.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.

There was never a "Maya"

But there was a Mayan city-state (Chan Santa Cruz) that existed in 1901 and was even recognized as a independent nation by England.

Saying there are no Mayans would be the same as saying there are technically no Chinese because the Chin dynasty is over.

OK, I should have said "Mayan State".  Another example - there are people of Persian descent, but today there are only Iranians.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Met any Mayans lately?

Yep.

The Mayan calendar rates a .000000000000000000000000000

On my Give-A-Shitometer.

SG
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not too concerned about what their calender or beliefs might imply for our modern world.  I don't think that makes me bigoted or judgmental, but rather pragmatic and reasonable.

They were not "primitive savages" as you say. They were very religious people and the sacrifices they performed was considered an honour in many cases. Many of those that were sacrificed did so of their own will, even those that were captured in battle. The didn't go around just killing people for no reason it was all based around religoius ceremonies designed to keep their gods happy.

I believe it was the Aztecs who committed human sacrifices, and most of their victims didn't go too willingly.  That is why Cortez had a lot of local help, the surronding tribes were terrified of the Aztecs.  The Aztecs raided a local tribe's capital city and hauled off everyone they could, and sacerficed over 25,000 people in a weekend.  

From Wikipedia:
For the reconsecration of Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlan in 1487, the Aztecs reported that they sacrificed about 84,400 prisoners over the course of four days, This would mean almost 15 per minute for 24 hours a day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DK-Prof stated:

Not true the Mayans were more advanced then the Europeans in a lot of ways. One was the calendar. The Mayan calendar was the most accurate until modern times. They even have leap years. The Mayan calendar is circular 2012 is just the end of one cycle and the beginning of the next. Not the end of time or the world. The cycle just starts again. Link
webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-mayan.html

Keep dreaming.

They were savages, but happened to have a couple of neat quirky things in their calender.  So what?  

So did Druids in englands, back in the mists of time.  Stonehenge is very "sophisticated" in terms of the tracking of solar/lunar positions, etc.  Very "accurate" but still just based on observation and pattern recognition, not causal inference, logic, etc.   The cultures that built stonehenge were savages, and the Maya were primtive savages.

No real written language, constantly engaged in pointless tribal wars, human sacrifice, no real domestication or husbandry of animals, no sophisticated development of mutliple crops, complicated agruculture or even irrigation, etc. etc.

I stand by the primtive savages argument.

I believe you need to check your facts, the didn't have horses, they were introduced to the area by the Europeans later. The area didn't have any animals that would serve any substantial purpose if they were domesticated. How do you support large city states with out complicated agruculture?? Improving the land with irrigation for agriculture is one of the defining points of a sedentary people. While the human sacrifice can seem brutal they only did if for religious reasons as part of their beliefs on keeping the gods happy. They believed the relationship betweens the gods was reciprical, give the gods what they want, in the form of the sacrifices, and the gods would keep the sun coming up everyday and the crops would continue to grow.

How different is this from Europeans and the crusades, killing many people because the didn't believe in Jesus. At least in the Maya culture those that were sacrificed considered it an honor and were treated very well in preperation for it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does this mean that I get to stock up for Y2K+12?

img155.imageshack.us/img155/2134/marylandsnowprep3im.jpg

Are you lactose intolerant? Just curious.

No, just like to safe on fat where convenient.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#17]
OH NOES!

A buddy at work has a book that is entirely about this. He believes it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Met any Mayans lately?

Yep.

The Mayan calendar rates a .000000000000000000000000000

On my Give-A-Shitometer.

SG

LOL
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I know a Mexican who carries around a broken umbrella.
Do you think it might rain?

I'm going to steal that from you in the future.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
The Mayan arithmatic system was based on observed cycles of varying lengths.  It is possible that the X year cycle ends in 2012.  I never looked too deeply at the calender.  The basing of the arithmatic system on these odd-length cycles was the problem with it and why the system doesn't measure up to counting based systems.  The Mayans had a second system for counting, but no one ever developed it because it was informal and not cared about by the priesthood.

I had a Meso-American phase a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"They were very religious people"?   So what?  So are the Taliban, and they are primitive savages too.

Many of the bloody and pointless wars that the Maya engaged in (in stead of developing animals husbandry, irrigation, more crops, etc) were PURELY to capture more people for their religous human sacrifices.

That is pretty much the definition of "savage" right there.

They were separated from the rest of the world and didn't have the same advanced of the European people but were very advanced in the tecnology that they used. They had advanced irregation that rivaled that of rome and very advance mathematical system among other things.

I don't know who told you that they had irrigation that "rivaled that of Rome" but I assure you they were lying to you.

Take a look at the incredibly advanced aquaducts, baths, and indoor plumbing of ancient Rome, and then check out the Maya "civilization" with their primitive agriculture and irrigation ditches - that were built a thousand years after the romans

Don't take this as a poke at you in any way, I am just relaying information. I took a class last semester that was a history of latin america from the migration from Asia to modern day. Very interesting people that shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

I have read extensively on the topic, and have even visited some Mayan sites while I was in Belize.  I agree 100% that the Maya were an "interesting" people, but I don't think that somehow excuses them from being primitive or savage.  My opinion is not driven by ignorance, but by a fairly deep understanding, and extensive reading, of the topic.  I'm not saying that there were NO redeeming qualities to their culture, I am merely saying that "primitive savages" is a fairly accurate label to describe your average Mayan city.

Not to sound overly cynical, but if the factual reality was that the Mayans were in fact were a bunch of blood-thirsty primitive savages, do you REALLY think a college class woud tell you that?  

Sorry of this comes across as defensive or attacking.  It's not intended to - but I do have a pretty strong belief that you are wrong in your rosy perception of the Mayans.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I think its possible that something signifacant could happen on that day, so it would be good to be prepared.

Although something signifcant could happen on any day so it would be good to be prepared just cause.

That being said I think its interesting that the Mayan Calender ends in the time it does, it could seem to coincide with the Prophacy of St. Malachi.

Supposidly the current pope will be the last "real" pope before the Antichrist comes.

Either way I dont think anything that happens on that day will be a true "end of the world" with the planet being destroyed or everyone dying or disappearing or anything. At worst TEOTWAKI, but probably not that, just a new cycle of whatever.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was the Aztecs who committed human sacrifices, and most of their victims didn't go too willingly.  That is why Cortez had a lot of local help, the surronding tribes were terrified of the Aztecs.  The Aztecs raided a local tribe's capital city and hauled off everyone they could, and sacerficed over 25,000 people in a weekend.  

Yes the sacrifices were done in a very organized way, Some of the sacrifices were people captured in battle, most of them didn't go willinly, and the warrior that killed him would then divide the body up among his familiy and they would eat it, and the warrior would wear the skin. Believing he would gain the streanth and power of the man he killed. Their warfare was designed to capture not kill in the battle, the killing was done in the rituals. They also would have some of their own that would be sacrificed and most likely they would have been chosen long before hand and treated extremely well until the time came.

The Aztecs were very powerful and would hire mercenaries(the chichimecs, a group of nomadic people from the north) to do much of the dirty work. They would use their power to get nearby city-states to swear allegiance to the aztecs or be destroyed. They would then have to pay tribute to the Aztecs in the form of food or other craft items that their advanced agriculture allowed now that everyone wan't need to farm. Cortez quickly learned that the city-states that were controled by the Aztecs wanted to get out from under the controll of them. Cortez exploited this and the resulting uprisings only made Cortezes job on conquering them much easier. There actually was no Aztec people but is the name given to the alliance formed (I cannot remember the names of the four "tribes" that formed the alliance, maybe I will find time to look through my notes from the class later)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"They were very religious people"?   So what?  So are the Taliban, and they are primitive savages too.

Many of the bloody and pointless wars that the Maya engaged in (in stead of developing animals husbandry, irrigation, more crops, etc) were PURELY to capture more people for their religous human sacrifices.

That is pretty much the definition of "savage" right there.

I don't know who told you that they had irrigation that "rivaled that of Rome" but I assure you they were lying to you.

Take a look at the incredibly advanced aquaducts, baths, and indoor plumbing of ancient Rome, and then check out the Maya "civilization" with their primitive agriculture and irrigation ditches - that were built a thousand years after the romans

I have read extensively on the topic, and have even visited some Mayan sites while I was in Belize.  I agree 100% that the Maya were an "interesting" people, but I don't think that somehow excuses them from being primitive or savage.  My opinion is not driven by ignorance, but by a fairly deep understanding, and extensive reading, of the topic.  I'm not saying that there were NO redeeming qualities to their culture, I am merely saying that "primitive savages" is a fairly accurate label to describe your average Mayan city.

Not to sound overly cynical, but if the factual reality was that the Mayans were in fact were a bunch of blood-thirsty primitive savages, do you REALLY think a college class woud tell you that?  

Sorry of this comes across as defensive or attacking.  It's not intended to - but I do have a pretty strong belief that you are wrong in your rosy perception of the Mayans.

Actually the class covered quite a bit of the bloody aspect of it, I just didn't see them as primitive savages. That was the thinking of the europeans when tehy came over of all the native peoples of the area, and no doubt lead to many of them being wiped out completely. As far as the animal husbandry they simply lacked any animals that would have served any real useful purpose, like I said in another post horses were not introduced until the European arived.

Edit to add: I didn't not take it in a defensive or attacking way just a good conversation

Edit again because I can't spell today, I am sure there are more owrd I missed
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I dont know if any of you heard about this but there is supposed to be this problem coming up with all the computers where when the new year ends all the comps will think it's 1900 or something? Once people from 1900 get a Social Security check because the computer thinks they are still alive, The dead will rise from their grave to collect the check.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's when the Smurfs will rise and smurf us all over the place so we can live in smurfy way.

Smurf ya later.

I don't think they had any gay smurfs.  Most of them were hitting on smurfette most of the time.

And no, she was not a whore.

Smurfs, if I remember correctly, were born/hatched/spawned on the rare occasions there were blue moons.  That is how Baby smurf came to be, he was in a number of the episodes.   There were also, in later episodes the Smurflings.  Supposed to be 7-10 years old I think.

As for Smurfette, she was created by Gargamel.  There was a magic spell to create gold that required among other ingredients,  six smurfs.  This is the reason he was always trying to catch the smurfs, to make gold.  At any rate, in his quest to make gold, he tried to infact create or make six smurfs, with which to use in the gold spell.  In his quest to do so, he created Smurfette, not sure why she came out in stead of a he smurf, but thats what happened.  So, she escaped and ended up living with Papa and the other smurfs.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smurf ya later.

I don't think they had any gay smurfs.  Most of them were hitting on smurfette most of the time.

Smurfs, if I remember correctly, were born/hatched/spawned on the rare occasions there were blue moons.  That is how Baby smurf came to be, he was in a number of the episodes.   There were also, in later episodes the Smurflings.  Supposed to be 7-10 years old I think.

As for Smurfette, she was created by Garagamel.  There was a magic spell to create gold that required among other ingredients,  six smurfs.  This is the reason he was always trying to catch the smurfs, to make gold.  At any rate, in his quest to make gold, he tried to infact create or make six smurfs, with which to use in the gold spell.  In his quest to do so, he created Smurfette, not sure why she came out in stead of a he smurf, but thats what happened.  So, she escaped and ended up living with Papa and the other smurfs.

it was a don't ask, don't tell policy
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, I just checked my calendar on my desk, it ends on Dec 31....wtf, now I'm really freaking out.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its hard to respect a peoples ideas, when those people probably took a shit outside in a hole in the ground!

Well then, we can dismiss ANYBODY's ideas that came before the late 19th century. That thingy that goes "flush" in our bathrooms wasn't exactly around until then. EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE took a shit outside, either in a hole in the ground or even better, in many medieval european cities, right on the sidewalk (which is a lot better, of course).

The only exceptions might have been the (of course) Romans, they had some sort of toilet-like invention that did pretty much the same function.

So, we cannnot take the ideas of Galileo, Newton, etc seriously. Damn savages.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
the mayan's had a huge golden calender given to them by the gods, some people thought it was aliens because of the planets that was listed on them, they couldn't of known about pluto and a planet outside that orbit, the spanish melted the gold disk down and stole the gold, now the interesting part is about the space rock that may hit earth in 2012. Thats why the calender is important because of all of these things that may or may not be chance.

Get Your tin hats on.
Time to take a trip over the edge of reality.

Are you guy's talking about Nibaru. ( In Sumerian it means "Planet of Passing".)

A.K.A.
Planet X.
Nemesis. (Greek)
The Intruder
A Shar (Sumerian)
The Winged Globe. Yahweh (Hebrew)
The Great Phoenix (Phoenicians)
Marduk. (Babylonian)
Apep or Seth (Egyptian)
Typhon. (Greek)
Gung-gung (Chinese for The great Black or Red Dragon)
The Red or Blue Star. (Hopie Indians.. Most believe these are seperate stars)
The Mayans called it "Celestial Quetzalcoatl
The Great Comet (Edgar Casey)
Treta Yuga (Hindu)
Fiery Dragon ( Britains Prophet Mother Shipton)
The Great Star ( Book of Revelation)
The Celestial Lord Shiva
God of Destruction.

A Brown Dwarf with two small planets orbiting it.. Our Sun's dark twin. With an orbit of 3600 years.
AT some interval coming near Earth and causing great floods and great quakes .
The earth to stand still and have a very long day by stopping or slowing down the Earth rotation.
Winds on Earth reaching the sound barier.
Blood red moon.

Represent by most civilization or religions as a red ball with small and large white wing.
Red bird with a small and large white wing.

Its all part of Tribulations.

Enjoy the ride. It only comes once in a great Biblical Event.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#31]
The Smurfs were a Communist plot to infect the nation's youth with poisonous ideology.  Fortunately, the cartoon sucked ass and no one watched.  Most of the few who were masochistic enough to suffer through that crappile later developed an unhealthy fascination with hoarding large amounts of weapons and ammunition and became rabid Second Amendment supporters.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#32]
You smurf experts scare me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, GO START YOUR OWN SMURFIN' THREAD!

Edit: You smurfin, smurfy smurfholes. Smurf off, smurf my smurf long and hard, and don't let the door hit you on the smurf on the way out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yeah, GO START YOUR OWN SMURFIN' THREAD!

Edit: You smurfin, smurfy smurfholes. Smurf off, smurf my smurf long and hard, and don't let the door hit you on the smurf on the way out.

Sorry man.  But blame the Prof....he brought it up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

What about those lines in the desert?

It aint a rock dude, it's a freakin space shuttle!

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Smurfs
Barny
Wiggles
BooBahs
Teletubbies
Hiliary Rodham Clinton

All signs of the coming Tribulations.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get Your tin hats on.
Time to take a trip over the edge of reality.

Are you guy's talking about Nibaru. ( In Sumerian it means "Planet of Passing".)

A.K.A.
Planet X.
Nemesis. (Greek)
The Intruder
A Shar (Sumerian)
The Winged Globe. Yahweh (Hebrew)
The Great Phoenix (Phoenicians)
Marduk. (Babylonian)
Apep or Seth (Egyptian)
Typhon. (Greek)
Gung-gung (Chinese for The great Black or Red Dragon)
The Red or Blue Star. (Hopie Indians.. Most believe these are seperate stars)
The Mayans called it "Celestial Quetzalcoatl
The Great Comet (Edgar Casey)
Treta Yuga (Hindu)
Fiery Dragon ( Britains Prophet Mother Shipton)
The Great Star ( Book of Revelation)
The Celestial Lord Shiva
God of Destruction.

A Brown Dwarf with two small planets orbiting it.. Our Sun's dark twin. With an orbit of 3600 years.
AT some interval coming near Earth and causing great floods and great quakes .
The earth to stand still and have a very long day by stopping or slowing down the Earth rotation.
Winds on Earth reaching the sound barier.
Blood red moon.

Represent by most civilization or religions as a red ball with small and large white wing.
Red bird with a small and large white wing.

Its all part of Tribulations.

Enjoy the ride. It only comes once in a great Biblical Event.

bwahahahahahahhaaha

please tell me you don't actually buy into that planet X crap?  

btw you have the timing wrong on the nemesis star theory, its like 26 million years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_%28star%29
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

bwahahahahahahhaaha

please tell me you don't actually buy into that planet X crap?  

Its all part of the fun facts with this thread..
What do you think?
Yep.. Something is out there..

NASA and saw something in the 70's and stopped all research.
It was spotted back again in 1999 by a German Astronomer using an infrared telescope and that was silence .

The Vatican is now financing the search . Spending some serious cash.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Jan 19, 2038 3:14:07 willl be the end of the world, any other prediction is wrong.

Well, that just sucks a big one.

I'm planning on retiring on my 70th birthday, which is January 20, 2038. Not to mention that Social Security is supposed to run out at about that time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#40]
lol that makes it even funnier

who were those freaks who were talking about nibiru passing a few years back? Even posted pictures of lens flare to prove it had passed.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smurf ya later.

As for Smurfette, she was created by Gargamel.  There was a magic spell to create gold that required among other ingredients,  six smurfs.  This is the reason he was always trying to catch the smurfs, to make gold.  At any rate, in his quest to make gold, he tried to infact create or make six smurfs, with which to use in the gold spell.  In his quest to do so, he created Smurfette, not sure why she came out in stead of a he smurf, but thats what happened.  So, she escaped and ended up living with Papa and the other smurfs.

You, sir, have a VERY disturbing grasp of Smurf history. I'm keeping my eye on you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
lol that makes it even funnier

who were those freaks who were talking about nibiru passing a few years back? Even posted pictures of lens flare to prove it had passed.

If and whenever Nibaru does make a trip around the Sun like a comet. Everyone on Earth will see it with the naked eye not only at night but in broad daylight.

A Brown Dwarf is about the size of the Earth but with the mass of Jupiter.
Yeah, its a funny thing to say, and deserves alot of laughs, but if it were to come true, you better have your guns ready.

You see.. People who can't handle reality are the most dangerous when something biblical happens. They go insane. Loot. Rape. Kill.. Because they can't see that it is a natural phenomona they can't handle the truth. Its just another comet type visit..

Then they kill thmselves to hop aboard the spaceship folowing the comet.(Heavens Gate and Hale-Bop)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Sumer, Land of Gozer
Gozer the Traveler
Gozer the Destructor
Gozer the Gozarian

Wait for a sign from Gozer the Traveller; he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb.
Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants,
they chose a new form for him -- that of a Giant Sloar!
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#44]

I'll take Historical Figures with troublesome boxes for $500 Alex...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The Mayans got all the use out of their calendar they needed. It's still here, they're not.  Maybe the guy who carved it broke his chisel.  He thought about it for a while and said to hell with it.  Nobody here will ever run out the calendar so why should I bother? Maybe the guy ran out of stone tablets.  Maybe he just got tired of screwing with it and went on to something else.

I'm not a Mayan so it doesn't apply to me. Now, if I were, I'd be real worried.

Possibly he guy(s) who calculated the calendar and cut it decided that was enough work for practical purposes: similar to calculating pi - there's only so far one really nneds to go.  In the case of the calendar, they probably would be recalculating it right now for a new edition - on sale at news stands starting in July.  Be sure to get yours in time for Quetzlcoatlmas.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smurf ya later.

"First of all, Papa Smurf didn’t create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel’s evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario <laughs> is just couldn’t happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don’t even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That’s what’s so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What’s the point of living if you don’t have a dick?"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smurf ya later.

"First of all, Papa Smurf didn’t create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel’s evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario <laughs> is just couldn’t happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don’t even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That’s what’s so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What’s the point of living if you don’t have a dick?"

So...how do the boy smurfs take a leak?  And why do they bother to wear pants at all if they have no ding-a-ling?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#48]
And the question to end all questions.

What color does a Smurf turn when you choke him?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I think the Mayans just lacked the foresight to make a calendar that went more than a couple thousand years or so into the future.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Dog, mad props on the Tastykake's!!

Wait, now that I just typed that word, it looks alot like Bukkake!

Gross!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top