Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 8:57:11 AM EDT
the new album is (PLEASE excuse this phrase, I will never use it again or in public) OFF THE FREAKING HOOK.  

I can't describe it.  It's downright amazing.  Thank G-d he's not a one-and-out!

As a sophmore album (live ones don't really count!) this one is unbelievable.  polished, wicked basss lines and beats, perfect vocals, lyrics obviously uplifting and meaningful.  

wow.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
He can flow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I will have to check it out. I just saw him in concert for the second time last week. Rockin' show!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that Weird Al?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit, I thought this was going to be about kinky Asian sex!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#5]
What's he rapping about?

I'm not a big rap guy but I'm down for new stuff that's good... I've heard good things about him but thought it was an act at first with the limited clips I've seen of him in concert.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
wow.  it just gets better. halfway through now.  Jerusalem is THE song so far.  He's going to get EXTENSIVE radio play with at least 3 or 4 of these songs.

top of itunes today no surprise there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm supprised the muslim brother hasn't car bombed them yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shit, I thought this was going to be about kinky Asian sex.

That was my first thought too

I've heard his one song that's on the radios a lot but wasn't sure how the rest of the album was. Worth the $15 or so? It just seems so odd that this guy is singing this style of music.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like one of those Jap freighters we sunk in WWII,now a place to go scuba diving/make documentaries on the History Channel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shit, I thought this was going to be about kinky Asian sex.

That was my first thought too

I've heard his one song that's on the radios a lot but wasn't sure how the rest of the album was. Worth the $15 or so? It just seems so odd that this guy is singing this style of music.

10$ on itunes.  the new one is better than teh previous, and the previous was DAMN fine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Who the fuck?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I bet they're a bit hit at the wailling wall..
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I hear the song "King without a Crown" on the radio and it sounds reggae. Is the whole album like that?

Jewish Reggae. Who woulda thunk it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hear the song "King without a Crown" on the radio and it sounds reggae. Is the whole album like that?

new album yes.  old album more straight reggae.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not just jewish, an hasidic jew. very intense
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#16]
alright that's it.  jerusalem is THE song, not of this album, at LEAST of the month if not year.

Maybe cause I'm jewish and all, but this song is worth the 99 cents if you're just gonna get one from itunes folks!

wow.

My sister saw him last night said its amazing as a live song too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]
also he came out last night at hammerstein with yossi piamenta - how ridiculous is that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
alright that's it.  jerusalem is THE song, not of this album, at LEAST of the month if not year.

Maybe cause I'm jewish and all, but this song is worth the 99 cents if you're just gonna get one from itunes folks!

wow.

My sister saw him last night said its amazing as a live song too.

I'm not jewish and I even like it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I've only heard the one song and I have to say it's pretty catchy.  Question, with you being Jewish, how can one be Rastafarian and Jewish at the same time?  Rasta being a form of praise for this religion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Matisyahu is pretty damn good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've only heard the one song and I have to say it's pretty catchy.  Question, with you being Jewish, how can one be Rastafarian and Jewish at the same time?  Rasta being a form of praise for this religion.

I don't think he's a 'rasta'  The guy is singing from REAL deep in his soul.  I don't know what you call his music.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Got Youth in the mail last nite.  Both dics are the shizzle my nizzle.

- G
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Right, no Rasta.  Just old testament...

I am grooving fire of heaven too btw.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome, awesome mucis. The guy is very talented, I don't care much for the message but the huge amount of talent the guy has more than makes up for that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll steal a copy later tonight from the bittorrent sites.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Awesome, awesome mucis. The guy is very talented, I don't care much for the message but the huge amount of talent the guy has more than makes up for that.

hehehehehe....

funny I'm kinda the opposite.

he's kinda multi-level like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top