Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 6:27:48 PM EDT
How come on these alarm commercials it is always a White guy who is breaking into a house occupied by a feminized man and his soccer mom wife?

Blacks and Hispanics have a much higher rate of violent and Part 1 crimes such as home invasion, robbery and burglary.  Wold it be too shocking to portray a Black or Hispanic man as a home invasion burglar?

And why don't the people getting robbed ever have a gun? Is grabbing all the kids and running upstairs the safe thing to do?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You actually have to ask?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It was two white 17 year-old meth junkies that broke into my place a few years ago before I had bars...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
pretty simple: it's not PC

if they had a black dude breaking into a house, the NAACP would be all up in arms saying that it promoted a negative stereotype of black people ect ect ect

as for the femenized man..... that's what the media WANTS you to be. they also want you to cower in the corner when your alarm goes off and call 911 with terror in your voice. guns are bad. they kill people
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't White folks sue? Why don't we have a NAAWP? When is White History Month?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What exact response are you trying to get?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How come on these alarm commercials it is always a White guy who is breaking into a house occupied by a feminized man and his soccer mom wife?

Blacks and Hispanics have a much higher rate of violent and Part 1 crimes such as home invasion, robbery and burglary.  Wold it be too shocking to portray a Black or Hispanic man as a home invasion burglar?

And why don't the people getting robbed ever have a gun? Is grabbing all the kids and running upstairs the safe thing to do?

You aren't really serious are you?

The answers you seek are quite obvious.

It's not politically correct to depict minorities in a bad light (and to be fair there are alot of just fuckin' evil white bastards out there) and I KNOW you don't think that "We make you safe and secure" mega-security company is gonna suggest that you rely on anyone or anything but  THEM to keep you safe, Susie Soccer Mom.  

No way they'd suggest taking the responibility for you safety and that of your family into your own hands (Where it belongs).

I have a security system on the house, but it's ONLY function is to let me know where the threat is in my home (Displays show me where the alarm is tripped) That way, I know where to aim.

Oh, and IBTL

SG

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Whit people commit crimes too.  My home defense tools are equal opportunity.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why don't we have a NAAWP?

there is.  it's tracked as a terrorist organization. does that tell you something?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Because being true to statistics is racist.

Also, you gotta love how they guy always instantly runs away at the sound of the alarm. I want to see what the soccer mom/kids do when Mr. Bad Guy comes running upstairs after them....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
because it is always night time.  a black man wouldn't show up in the comercial.  it would look like the door just magically broke apart.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a double standard that will never change.

notice also there is only a white family in the KFC commercials.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Political correctness.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Why IBTL?  There is nothing racist about the truth.  For my Master's, I studied crime and incarceration rates in Arizona, and compared them with rates nationwide.

Blacks made up about 45% of the prison population, but only 3% of the State's population.  And their conviction rates for violent crime (murder, rape, agg. assault, armed robbery, etc.) were off the standard deviation & mean, median, and mode charts!! Hispanics were not much better.

Susie homemaker has a much better chance of being robbed ,raped and murdered by a Black or Hispanic gentleman than by a White gentleman.  I just wish they would show some "diversity" in these commercials and have the burglar portrayed by someone other than a White guy for a change.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You actually have to ask?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why IBTL?  There is nothing racist about the truth.  For my Master's, I studied crime and incarceration rates in Arizona, and compared them with rates nationwide.

Blacks made up about 45% of the prison population, but only 3% of the State's population.  And their conviction rates for violent crime (murder, rape, agg. assault, armed robbery, etc.) were off the standard deviation & mean, median, and mode charts!! Hispanics were not much better.

Susie homemaker has a much better chance of being robbed ,raped and murdered by a Black or Hispanic gentleman than by a White gentleman.  I just wish they would show some "diversity" in these commercials and have the burglar portrayed by someone other than a White guy for a change.

Oh I ain't disagreeing with you, just the opposite.

It's that  threads of an , ahem, "sensitive nature" tend to get locked sooner or later.

That's all.

SG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
because it is always night time.  a black man wouldn't show up in the comercial.  it would look like the door just magically broke apart.

LMAO!

Oh! Sorry IBTL!
That feels great.  Never did that before.  There goes my cherry!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#19]

ETA - C'mon, if they really wanted to accurately display typical white crimes, then they would portray us as serial killers, pot farmers, or the guys that wipe everyone's pensions out. Other than that, we're pretty clean. We leave the petty stuff to everyone else.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#20]
The person that tried to get into my house about 2 yrs ago at 3 A.M.  was a white guy.

Whitey gotta make a free buck too, yo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

ETA - C'mon, if they really wanted to accurately display typical white crimes, then they would portray us as serial killers, pot farmers, or the guys that wipe everyone's pensions out. Other than that, we're pretty clean. We leave the petty stuff to everyone else.

Somtimes there are alot of drunks and drug users out there
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Because according to FBI Uniform Crime Reports, 70% of burglaries are committed by whites*.

psst.... btw, "white" includes hispanics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somtimes there are alot of drunks and drug users out there

I was promoting my own self image. Damn, now I have to go back to therapy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

WTF? Well, I guess it IS only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Because in Arkansas, it's mainly the white guys that are doin' crystal meth.  QED, they need to steal yo jewelry and guns to buy more meth.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#26]
And why do they never show women breaking into the houses? What they aren't strong enough or something?!?!?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF? Well, I guess it IS only a matter of time.

Yep.

In the FBI UCR, "Hispanic" is a victim category but not an offender category. So they'll keep track and report on the violent crime rate perpetrated AGAINST Hispanics but not perpetrated BY Hispanics.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Whenever I see the new PSA that they play on DVDs about how downloading and copying movies is stealing, they show 4 different types of stealing (stealing a car, shoplifting, taking a woman's purse, and breaking/entering) - and guess what?  All the thieves they show are WHITE MALES!  The PC is strong.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
i'm gonna have to IBTL this one. the shitstorm potential is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#30]
i say we put a couple of towel heads in the commercial, reminds me of this cartoon
http://www.zipperfish.net/free/yaafm12.php

funny as hell
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Stereotypes are natures way of saying hey look out!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top