Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can you explain to me what country "Palestinians" come from?  Thanks.

Huh?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot one of them and see if he blows up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The country that's now known as Israel, was called British Palestine prior to 1948. When the UN gave the Jewish people a homeland............
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
By the way, where is this store anyhow? I would rather avoid it if possible.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Go do the work and be very observant of what you see in their house. You might be a hero for it even.

+1
Go, and check it out.
If it is something, you can save some lives.
If it is nothing, you can save some guys from having to go under the microscope.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They haggle over paying because that's what they do in their culture.  Even rich people haggle.  It's a form of entertainment in places that don't have TV, radio, literacy, or indoor plumbing,

Yep.
Kinda funny.
My grand dad grew up during the depression - he was a haggler.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cleveland.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img340.imageshack.us/img340/449/tarp3xy.gif

That's funny as hell!

I'd do the side job and a little recon while at it. IF there's something there, let the FBI know. If not, a little loot in your pocket.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The country that's now known as Israel, was called British Palestine prior to 1948. When the UN gave the Jewish people a homeland............

So there is no such thing as Palestinians, because there is no country of Palestine.

So what you're saying is, these are arabs from Israel?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Take the work, and be very observant. I would also contact the FBI, and let them document your work, just in case these guys are bad then hopefully you won't be grouped in with them if your prints show up on their electrical panel.....remember.....keep your friends close......keep your enemies closer.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
This reminds of the movie Clearks when they are talking about the contractors on the deathstar.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So there is no such thing as Palestinians, because there is no country of Palestine.

Were these loaded questions? Or did you truly want to know? Because the answer to all of your questions is a long story that many will disagree on. It can be interpreted differently.

Here's wikipedia's history of Palestine: Click Me
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny thing is......there's no such country as "Kurdistan", but there are Kurds......there is no such country as "Albania", but there are Albanians................STFU!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were these loaded questions? Or did you truly want to know? Because the answer to all of your questions is a long story that many will disagree on. It can be interpreted differently.

They are loaded questions.  We don't recognize a country of Palestine, and therefore, I feel it is wrong as Americans to refer to these scum as Palestinians.  They're not.  They're simply arabs that hate Israel and want the land.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are loaded questions.  We don't recognize a country of Palestine, and therefore, I feel it is wrong as Americans to refer to these scum as Palestinians.  They're not.  They're simply arabs that hate Israel and want the land.

You shouldn't make such sweeping generalizations. If you should ever be in an area with a sizable Palestinian-American population, you should go out and converse with them, civilly. You might be surprised what you might learn. You don't have to agree with them. You don't even have to like them, but you can at least try and understand them. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a handful of Palestinian-Americans in my few years at college. These men and women are not extremists and want a peaceful resolution to the conflict over there. I know we cannot assume these individuals represent the majority, but they certainly cannot be disregarded either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You shouldn't make such sweeping generalizations. If you should ever be in an area with a sizable Palestinian-American population, you should go out and converse with them, civilly. You might be surprised what you might learn. You don't have to agree with them. You don't even have to like them, but you can at least try and understand them. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a handful of Palestinian-Americans in my few years at college. These men and women are not extremists and want a peaceful resolution to the conflict over there. I know we cannot assume these individuals represent the majority, but they certainly cannot be disregarded either.

Of course they can!
This is AR15.com - we can disregard facts, so long as it suits our point of view!

FWIW, I agree with you - most people, Israeli and Palestinian just want the fighting to end.
Perpetual war is not something that anyone likes.
Besides, the Israelis need the Palis, as much as the Palis need the Israelis.
Who do you think does all the blue collar jobs in Israel?
Here's a hint - it starts with a P.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
They should go back to Jordan where they came from.

I can't believe we're fighting a holy war against these scum and you guys are sticking up from them.

They just elected a terrorist organization as the leader of their movement.  I think that should speak for itself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I can't believe we're fighting a holy war against these scum and you guys are sticking up from them.

They just elected a terrorist organization as the leader of their movement.  I think that should speak for itself.

Mind telling us how Israel was founded?
How exactly did they convince the Brits to leave?
Here's a hint - it starts with a T and ends in "errorist tactics"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#20]
make sure you take a ham samich for lunch,bring an extra and offer it to them
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I mostly use cash.
I have a criminal relative.
If there's a chance that I can get something cheaper, I haggle.

Now that's out of the way, since you are an electrician, I assume that you can make and install a bugging device quite easily?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We're not fighting the Palestinians, and especially not a holy war. You could probably say we're fighting terrorists that could be Palestinian as part of the War on Terror, but we're not fighting the Palestinian people.

As for Hamas, I'm not happy to see them come into power, but before you damn the Palestinian people, consider all the events that led up to this. It's not like everything has been all "hunky-dory" and then they just up and decided to vote a terrorist organization into power. Keep in mind that Hamas has two wings: the strictly political wing and the militant wing. The militant wing is considered the terrorist organization. Whether or not the two wings will remain together or seperate, so as to be considered a legitimate government, is unclear right now.

What it comes down to is this: Do you really want to try and find a peaceful resolution at all, or are you just happy to continue the death and destruction for another half-century? These "scum" you refer to are human beings first and Palestinians second. If you'd just get to know some of these people, you might realize that we're not that different. They're not all extremists.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Take the job and wear an 'Infidel' t-shirt when you do it. Or maybe the Mobomhead t-shirt....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Do it but keep your eyes open.

Next time they tell you something like the uncles, ask some further questions.  Try to figure out for yourself if these guys are okay or nut jobs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cleveland.....

I live in the burbs west of Cleveland...  Where is this place?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#26]
OMG are you people paranoid. And this iscoming from a guy who thinks his dentist put an RFID in his filling!!!! (the cavity filling metal acts as the antannae ) Just cause somebody "hates jews" does'nt mean they are a bad person! As to this contacting the FBI, well he already said that the FBI interviewed his family so they already know about him. no need to alert them. Geez when are you islamophobes gonna get  a clue?! These people dont have a choice, their god tells them to hate jews, it's either that or burn in hell. You Amercanski just dont understand this old and beautiful culture cause your culture is only 200 years old and you dont care about the rest of the world. So he is a quick run down to teach to dummies something,

Eat pork = BAD
Kill Pagans = Good
Adultery = bad
4 wives = good
play chess = BAD
Cut off your daughters C*&% = good
Own a dog or cat = bad
Animal sacrafice = good
gambling on the yankees = bad
Helping your religion dominate the world = good
touching a woman after abolution (ritual washing) = bad
marrying a 9 year old = good
allowing your daughter to date = bad
slavery of Black "pagans" = good
killing isrealis = Good (very good)
Drawing cartoons = BAAAAAAAD VERY BAAAAAAD!

This public service message brought to you by t-stox inc. "the more you know"

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They're not all extremists.

That's the biggest myth in our society today.  Read the Koran.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I spent the greater part of a summer with my palestinian friend in the akron ghettos. He has the same type of store. The main reason they pay for everything in cash is convienience. They deal almost exclusively in cash. Think of this, how many homeboys use debit?  I also bet that their shop doesn't take credit card.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#29]
In Texas beer is a cash business and they will not deliver or drop their cargo without CASH payment.  As for the rest of the 'cash' transactions?  I would be suspicious.

And the part about, Terrorist connections?  I think I'd be making some phone calls.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh*
Not even worth it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny thing is......there's no such country as "Kurdistan", but there are Kurds......there is no such country as "Albania", but there are Albanians................STFU!!!!

www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/maps/al-map.gif

Damn, I knew I should've edited that post!!!...... I realized I was wrong, Sylvan......but then the thread got buried, so I didn't bother.....my bad.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#34]
thanks .....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh*
Not even worth it.

Nope, definitely not.  Fortunately, we'll either kill them all or they'll kill all of us, and then the war on terror will be over.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top