Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
My god does that program piss me off. I was just looking to download a few themes for my computer but fucking websense blocked me.

I cant watch any streaming videos. I cant do anything at bigboys.com

I cany even view a lot of pics here because websense blocks photobucket.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, Hate the program.

Try and look up this scenic spot in NZ

www.fiordland.org.nz/Explore-Fiordland/Milford-Sound/Default.asp

Milford Sound

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
We used that at one of the old places I work.  From an admin perspective, it works well.  From the user's side, it sucks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Get back to work! Hey, your employer is giving you free access.  Be glad he doesn't block AR15.com
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
What you need, is a proxy.

If your network lets you go direct out to the net, you need someone on the outside to hook you up with a secure-type proxy, which you can use for all your downloading needs.

That's what I do

This way, websense only sees..you going to one url outside, a proxy. And unless your web nazi there gets wise and blocks the proxy manually, you'll be surfing in style.

If you want to give one a test run, see if it'll fix your problem, IM me.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get back to work! Hey, your employer is giving you free access.  Be glad he doesn't block AR15.com

I dont know what crack you're on, but it sounds good.

We pay $75/mo for our internet here.

It's ran by Italians and it's called "Jackal Wireless."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Do your surfing at home, on your own time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do your surfing at home, on your own time.

Yeah.....let's kill troop morale and one of the 2 types of communication with the outside world!!!!!

If he's on the net, he's obviously either not on duty or had the day off.  Why dont ya get off his back a little?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are the two problems.  First, I guess its called "Jackal Wireless" because "Wireless Overseas Provider" was taken  And second, you pay Italians $75 a MONTH to provide your internet?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are the two problems.  First, I guess its called "Jackal Wireless" because "Wireless Overseas Provider" was taken  And second, you pay Italians $75 a MONTH to provide your internet?

1.  They could call it "Haji Internet" for all I care.  It's ran by Italians on base.

2.  Gotta get internet somehow.  It's either $75/mo for unlimited from Jackal or $30/15hrs for Freedom Wireless.
You do the freaking math.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If he's on the net, he's obviously either not on duty or had the day off.  Why dont ya get off his back a little?

Maybe he should tell his Mommy or Daddy that WebSense Enterprise is interfering with his ability to do his homework.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My god does that program piss me off. I was just looking to download a few themes for my computer but fucking websense blocked me.

Let me give you the IT department's answer.  We have enough to do without the users installing cute bullshit on their computers and getting them owned.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me give you the IT department's answer.  We have enough to do without the users installing cute bullshit on their computers and getting them owned.

+87.  As the guy who was formerly the IT department, those downloaded themes and screen savers are jam-packed with spyware, and can bring even fast new PC's to a grinding halt.  Don't download anything that advertises itself as "free" onto a work computer unless your IT department explicitly says so.

"free video sites" like ebaumsworld are usually big spyware and pop-up offenders too.

The IT department didn't just wake up one morning and say "gee, let's make all the peon's miserable"... websense is there to keep computers from getting pwned, wasting man-hours repairing, and threatening valuable data.

Edit:  I read a little more this time... if this is your personally-owned PC, on a connection that you're paying for out of your own pocket, then tell them to get bent... or proxy to your heart's content.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he should tell his Mommy or Daddy that WebSense Enterprise is interfering with his ability to do his homework.

Are you fucking retarded?

He's in Iraq, you imbecile.  Jesus fuckin christ.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a fooking joke!  So was my "Wireless Overseas Provider" although it is a bit of an ethnic one..

Just tell the olive pickers you want full access.  It cannot hurt to ask, afterall, you ARE paying them over $2 a day for the crap they are selling you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a fooking joke!  So was my "Wireless Overseas Provider" although it is a bit of an ethnic one..

Just tell the olive pickers you want full access.  It cannot hurt to ask, afterall, you ARE paying them over $2 a day for the crap they are selling you.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call the whaaaambulance.  What do you want us to do, set up a proxy server when there are thousands out there free for the asking?  Results are best had by asking the service provider you pay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=websense

[maddox] "Good job, Websense. Lazy soccer moms with shriveled, dry vaginas everywhere salute you. Some of the other categories that Websense can block are: health sites, search engines, news sites, and even educational institutions. Keep up the great work, you fascist cocks." [/maddox]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Stop the presses..

Are you paying $75 a month for FILTERED internet access...if so, THAT is fucking bullshit!

If you are on a government computer, well...they have the right to filter it...it is THEIR network...

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call the whaaaambulance.  What do you want us to do, set up a proxy server when there are thousands out there free for the asking?  Results are best had by asking the service provider you pay.

Why dont you go ahead and reread his post and then mine.

I think you fucked something up, majorly.

K thx.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Get a grip, tyman.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Get a grip, tyman.

Nah, I'm good.  Just stop posting stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:28:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Mine does.  

Our websence thingy blocks everything.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:47:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=websense

[maddox] "Good job, Websense. Lazy soccer moms with shriveled, dry vaginas everywhere salute you. Some of the other categories that Websense can block are: health sites, search engines, news sites, and even educational institutions. Keep up the great work, you fascist cocks." [/maddox]

Websense blocks that site too, according to websense it is a "tasteless" site

When I posted my orginal post it was 2am and I was on CQ. I was in between checks and I was bored as shit.

Most of you have no idea how it is to be deployed. You lose a ton of liberties and you have no FREE TIME or TIME OFF. You have to put up with all kinds of bullshit and eat food you thought could not exist. 12 months is a long time to be away from life. If I am off and a .gov comp with internet is not being used, why in the fuck cant I view a page full of videos or just see picts in webpages, why, cause someone else who have different ideas than me and who enjoys other things that I do is putting there will on me. WTF does "tastless" have to do with the net. That is not blocking me from something harmfull, it is imposing someone elses will on me.

I had haji net on my personal comp but it was shuf off because we had to pack up everything. That was unlimited net, we could do what ever we want, GO#1 didnt apply, you had to make sure you didnt get caught. We had 15 poeple on our satillite and some motherfuckers would run limewire 24/7 which killed our bandwidth. Oh well, 2 more months till I have have my boardband back.

If you have no idea how it is over here and have no idea how full of bull websense is, shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Try this link, then enter the URL of where you were blocked...

A free proxy

If this URL is also blocked, there are thousands more.  Since Websense has to manually add each proxy site, one will always be available as they are the new means of advertising.

Here is the google for free anonymous proxy servers.
Anonymous free proxies
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top