Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 3:27:03 PM EDT
I do not know if this will pass or if I am on a fast trip to the ER. I have had a strange reaction. I had just topped off my buckwheat pillow and about five minutes later I am having a very hard time breathing. Now I have had this pillow about seven years, and no problems. I do not have any allergys or asthma but it actually hurts to breathe, along with limited airflow and slight wheezing and a cough. A hot steamy shower did nothing and its been about 25 minutes, and it has subsided little. Am I on a fast trip to the Er or should I see if this will pass. I am wondering if it was alot of dust or something with the hock.gif?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Dying isn't fun.  I'd be long gone by now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
tag, for the story about the draw down in ER parking lot story.

I would have gone already.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No Doc but...

Call some medics or go to the hospital ASAP, ive heard allergies can onset suddenly after years around the same substance with no ill effects.

Let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
go outside and try some fresh air.  if that doesnt work in 5 min or less, go to the doc!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
go outside and try some fresh air.  if that doesnt work in 5 min or less, go to the doc!

I agree with the post whore

Get a little fresh air. On the way to the hospital.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I always have to laugh at people who stop in to ask an internet forum if they should go to the ER.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
buckwheat pilow?      <off to google>
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been outside for awhile. I am not that alarmed yet or to the point of hypoxia or passing out just a weird experience. It does seem to be subsiding somewhat. although it had taken awhile.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The post whore is right, go outside and take some deep breaths.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I always have to laugh at people who stop in to ask an internet forum if they should go to the ER.

I'm still waiting for the "does this look infected to you?" picture thread.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have been outside for awhile. I am not that alarmed yet or to the point of hypoxia or passing out just a weird experience. It does seem to be subsiding somewhat. although it had taken awhile.

Even if it has subsided I would still recomend seeing a doc. Whatever you do dont go anywhere near that pillow again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I am usually the first to shout dumbass for someone waiting... But myself, I am thinking well lets just see what happens. But seriously  I am getting my stuff together to go to be safe. I had called my docs emergancy number to see what he recomends and decided to post while waiting, but he would more than likely say the same things your are. I wil l let you know what turns up..  thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am usually the first to shout dumbass for someone waiting... But myself, I am thinking well lets just see what happens. But seriously  I am getting my stuff together to go to be safe. I had called my docs emergancy number to see what he recomends and decided to post while waiting, but he would more than likely say the same things your are. I wil l let you know what turns up..  thanks.

Id be leary about falling asleep on that pillow, might be your final nap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Anaphylactic shock

Have any sudafed or benadryl?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Anaphylactic shock

Have any sudafed?

Benadryl, not sudafed. It's a histimine reaction.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Geesh, have a beer and lay down.  You're overreacting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So does it?  Should I get this looked at or just wait to see if it goes away?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Anaphylactic shock

Have any sudafed?

Benadryl. Or run your ass to the ER. Or call an ambulance and get a shot of Epinephrine. Don't take the time to post here. RUN FUCKER FOREST RUN!

Allergic reactions are nothing to play with. They can actually cause your throat to close cutting off your airway completely. Go to the drug store if you dont want to go to the ER. Get Benadryl. Take two. Lay down. Drink Plenty of water.

EDITED TO ADD: DONT LAY DOWN ON THE BUCKWHEAT PILLOW! YOU HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO IT!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anaphylactic shock

Have any sudafed?

Benadryl, not sudafed. It's a histimine reaction.

crap I knew that
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.remotemedics.co.uk/l281.jpg

Whats the story behind that ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like lobster tail!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is someone with a brown recluse spider bite, i pulled off google.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Arfcom, I've just injested three bottles of vodka, 47 sleeping pills, 24 vicodin, an eight ball of heroin, and am sitting in my garage in my car with the engine running and a hose from the tailpipe to the passenger compartment, how long should I sit here before going to the ER?

ETA:  I'm getting sleepy, should I go yet?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I have had pretty severe histamine reactions....  they typically come on strong, and subside slowly.... in a hour they are almost allways 90% better once they peak.

No big deal.  I wouldnt sweat it..... but keep a phone close.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Buckwheat wants his pillow back.
But he is happy that you're feeling O-Tay.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Arfcom, I've just injested three bottles of vodka, 47 sleeping pills, 24 vicodin, an eight ball of heroin, and am sitting in my garage in my car with the engine running and a hose from the tailpipe to the passenger compartment, how long should I sit here before going to the ER?

ETA: I'm getting sleepy, should I go yet?

Quit your crying titty baby. You will be fine until tomorrow. Just sleep it off.

Buckwheat wants his pillow back.
But he is happy that you're feeling O-Tay.

Thats funny!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Alright, just listen. Everything is going to be fine. You're very high right now. You will probably be that way for about five more hours. Try taking some vitamin B complex, vitamin C complex.. if you have a beer, go ahead and drink it..

Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside and listen to some music, Okay? Do you have any Allman Brothers?

You know, I'm against drug use myself, but I'm not going to lay that on you right now. Just mellow out the best you can, okay?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Don’t bother, you should be fine when you wake up.

Oh, and as they say on the gaming forums…

Can I have your stuff?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Did he make it?

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright, just listen. Everything is going to be fine. You're very high right now. You will probably be that way for about five more hours. Try taking some vitamin B complex, vitamin C complex.. if you have a beer, go ahead and drink it..

Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside and listen to some music, Okay? Do you have any Allman Brothers?

You know, I'm against drug use myself, but I'm not going to lay that on you right now. Just mellow out the best you can, okay?

SNL 70's era.  What sketch though?

bd
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#33]
The one where Jimmy Carter (Dan Akroyd) is a drug counselor.  Funny as hell.  I seem to remember the line 'Fiery, demonic Holocost' from that same sketch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn dude, anaphylaxsis is no joke also shortness of breath can also be a sign of a heart attack, jeez.

I can tell you all about Anaphylactic Shock, I nearly died from it when I was 7.   It was extremely rapid in my case, luckily I only lived about 3 miles from Beaumont hospital in Royal Oak, MI.   Luckily for me, my Aunt Lila pushed the pedal to the metal on 13 mile rd and that my cousin called my Aunt Marge who was the head ER nurse there at the time to have some nurses and docs ready.   I couldn't breathe  when I got into the hospital and I had swelled up.  I was greeted by several nurses who drilled me with epinephrine, steriods, and antihistimines shots, in about 30 seconds the reaction was over.   The Doc said I was lucky, any longer and I wouldn't have made it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I tried a buckwheat pillow once. The wife and I woke up with a really stiff neck and headache.
It's supposed to be much cooler than normal pillows.
Returned it to the store the next day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I do not know if this will pass or if I am on a fast trip to the ER. I have had a strange reaction. I had just topped off my buckwheat pillow and about five minutes later I am having a very hard time breathing. Now I have had this pillow about seven years, and no problems. I do not have any allergys or asthma but it actually hurts to breathe, along with limited airflow and slight wheezing and a cough. A hot steamy shower did nothing and its been about 25 minutes, and it has subsided little. Am I on a fast trip to the Er or should I see if this will pass. I am wondering if it was alot of dust or something with the ?

Chances are that since he has had this pillow for years, the buckwheat has produced "powder" from usage, when he opened it to top it off, he released this powder thus causing a reaction when he inhaled it.

hope he is OK
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I tried a buckwheat pillow once. The wife and I woke up with a really stiff neck and headache.
It's supposed to be much cooler than normal pillows.
Returned it to the store the next day.

Then Salsa bought your slightly used pillow, and is now dying because he's allergic to your hair gel.

You Bastard! You killed Salsa!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top