Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:55 AM EDT
Lets see the .Net-fu, Im looking for something not so prone to virii and scripts etc or security holes like the Microsoft products. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm. . . . . lemme think real hard here, , , , , -anything besides Outlook or Outlook Express?

What do I win?

------

I use Thunderbird, Eudora is another big one (for Windows). Netscape has one included too.... I think.

Also--set another alternate browser as your default. Anything but IE, or anything IE-based (for good measure).
~
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
email is only as secure as the idiot behind the keyboard.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thuderbird seems to be okay so far... still working with it.

It is free after all.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Lotus Notes

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

dang i wish i could tell my customers that

i use fedora core 4 as a dual boot on most of my systems.    no ivrus or spyware even possible

you can use knoppix, slax, pclinuxos, and several other "live cds"   to check email using webmail.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Too true!

I'm waiting for user 2.0.

Until then, I get to fix shit for fools that want to find out who "loves" them or who sent pics of a naked J-Low.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Thunderbird is good.  Outlook has lots of features that work with Exchange servers/environments that you won't find on many other clients but if you don't need those then it's all good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lotus Notes

+1!!

But users hate it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top