Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:24 AM EDT
How about the age of the user be posted along with screen name.

Some of the replies I have seen here are just amazing to say the least.  For example:

DUPE! - Chances are 50% of the folks here haven't seen it.  Most don't live here like some.
Watch that trigger finger! - It's a picture for crying out loud!
What's your backstop? - Like you're there and can tell.
Magazine! - So what if they call it a clip, we know what they are talking about.
Spelling - So what, I can't spell everything either.
etc....

I'm thinking also, a note of who is 20 and over who is still living at home should be noted too.  That whole arrested development thing.

Years of experience with weapons being discussed here.  That will answer most questions.

Please note the massive amount of sarcasim posted here.  Nothing to be taken seriously.

Have fun

cya
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Ja vol, mien herr!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
practice what you preach

22M, living on my own for 4 years now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
34, male, will still continue to question those things if my age is listed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#4]
How am I supposed to masturbate to this thread?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

think of the young guys?  

that's kinda brokeback
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

think of the young guys?  

that's kinda brokeback

Finnaly a nice witty comeback to the masturbation responce though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#7]

I will continue to point out those particular little
pieces of stink if it is warrented.

The reason it's done is becasue it's important (Trigger finger/backstop)

The reason for correting the magazine/clip deal is becasue there is a difference.
Calling a rino an elephant doesn't make it an elephant.  It's a rino.

I won't hammer on spelling 'casue mine isn't good either
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The reason for correting the magazine/clip deal is becasue there is a difference.

Oh man....

ETA 46 y/o male
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man....

ETA 46 y/o male

That's why i don't hammer on spelling!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Duh, forgot to mention:

39 male
on own since 15
been w/same lady (wife) for 21yrs
2 daughters

been playin with AR's/AK's for just over 20yrs (more if you include handguns/bolts/shotguns)
been demo/training military/leo for about 4yrs now.  (Get to play with some very exotic stuff)

cya
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Duh, forgot to mention:

39 male
on own since 15
been w/same lady (wife) for 21yrs
2 daughters

been playin with AR's/AK's for just over 20yrs (more if you include handguns/bolts/shotguns)
been demo/training military/leo for about 4yrs now.  (Get to play with some very exotic stuff)

cya

You need to post more often bud.....pics of blowing shit up is always cool.

ETA:

34 - Male
Live in Mom's Basement.
Can't pass physical for dispatcher position at local PD...which consists of sitting upright for 5 minutes w/o passing out.
Exposure to women consists only of platinum membership at HentaiTenticleWorld.net
Lvl 60 Minotaur in WoW.

BC
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

pieces of stink if it is warranted.

The reason it's done is because it's important (Trigger finger/backstop)

The reason for correcting the magazine/clip deal is because there is a difference.

I won't hammer on spelling  because mine isn't good either

Fixed the spelling for you.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason for correcting the magazine/clip deal is because there is a difference.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I'm gettin beat on like I said I DID hammer on spelling
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

34 - Male
Live in Mom's Basement.
Can't pass physical for dispatcher position at local PD...which consists of sitting upright for 5 minutes w/o passing out.
Exposure to women consists only of platinum membership at HentaiTenticleWorld.net
Lvl 60 Minotaur in WoW.

You sound like a keeper!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
snip

I'm thinking also, a note of who is 20 and over who is still living at home should be noted too.  That whole arrested development thing.

snip
Have fun

cya

24. Male. Live with parents. Why? Because mom has brain tumors. I work offshore and am away from home for weeks at a time, but I do everything I can to help my mom.

You wanna make a crack about 20 somethings that still live at home, go ahead.

I was on my own since 16, but dropped everything (good job, home, etc) to move to Louisiana and help take care of my mom.

You sir, are a tool.

That is all.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Thats just gives all the s another thing to say.  I can hear it now "your only 20yrs old, you dont know shit."

My opinion: piss-poor idea.  Just my $.02  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#18]
43 Mail

Wor Vetrin - Navy See lyon

Bizness pow3r

Merried with 2 chidrens

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

snip
Have fun

cya

24. Male. Live with parents. Why? Because mom has brain tumors. I work offshore and am away from home for weeks at a time, but I do everything I can to help my mom.

I was on my own since 16, but dropped everything (good job, home, etc) to move to Louisiana and help take care of my mom.

You sir, are a tool.

That is all.

Do you honestly think he was talking about somone in your situation?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

snip
Have fun

cya

You sir, are a tool.

That is all.

Not necessarily. But a blanket statement such as the one he made is bound to tick off more than just me. Just because people live at home after they're 20 something doesn't mean they're worthless parasites of society. Some of us actually have a very good reason to do so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

snip
Have fun

cya

You sir, are a tool.

That is all.

Not necessarily. But a blanket statement such as the one he made is bound to tick off more than just me. Just because people live at home after they're 20 something doesn't mean they're worthless parasites of society. Some of us actually have a very good reason to do so.

I'd say some do and, some don't.  I'm willing to give a "non-deadbeat" pass
up until about age 21, then, after that, GTF out.

UNLESS there are extenuating circumstances like yours.

Most 20-somes I've seen live at home do that so they can be slackers.
There was actually a thing on Fox News about that, complete with
interviews with 30-somes that lived at home, complaining that
there were "no good jobs".    I wish I could use that excuse but
it won't put food on the table.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ja vol, mien herr!

.............it's Jawohl, Mein Herr!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The way you normally do?  *shrug*
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#24]
shouldn't we also post the level of education, the number of drinks before posting and a picture of our dream girls?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Some of the replies I have seen here are just amazing to say the least.  For example:

DUPE! - Chances are 50% of the folks here haven't seen it.  Most don't live here like some.
Magazine! - So what if they call it a clip, we know what they are talking about.
etc....

Years of experience with weapons being discussed here.  That will answer most questions.

Please note the massive amount of sarcasimsarcasm posted here.  Nothing to be taken seriously.

Have fun

cya

I fixed everything for spelling errors.  The two items in green are sentence fragments.  Next time write in complete sentences.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

34 - Male
Live in Mom's Basement.
Lvl 60 Minotaur in WoW.

You sound like a keeper!

KIDDING!  I'm kidding!  

BC

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#27]
adair_usmc, I thank you unreservedly for the fix!

Come on guys, of course there are circumstances that would require you to be at home taking care of folks or a med disability on your part, among other things.  Did you not see the bottom statement, "NOTHING TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY."

Thin skin is a problem these days.  Folks get offended way too easily.

If this has offended some, I am truly sorry, it was not intended to do so.

Have fun

cya
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

my age is 2012. i live at home with all my ancestors who are mummies. but soon the dead shall rise and the bones of my ancestors come come togehter with a rustling clicking sound and the skeletons will walk the earth looking for possums...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

etc....

Please note the massive amount of sarcasim posted here.  Nothing to be taken seriously.

Have fun

cya

I am me! I have payed my dues to post here as I see you have not!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#31]
51 posts in 3.5 years?  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
51 posts in 3.5 years?  

I for one am thankful for that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  Someone beat me to it!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Spelling isn't difficult. I can spell nearly every word I have heard in the English language right, and I'm 18 and not a professional proofreader. Why is it that you 40-something internet police can't get the difference between your and you're, their, they're, and there, loose and lose, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#35]
19 and living at school

If anyone can point out instances where I did any of those above things or posted in an immature manner I would love it.

Maturity is not dependant on age, ive seen 16 year olds that act like men and 45 year olds that act like teenage girls.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Male, 21
Live at home and commute to college
Work a management position part-time, doesnt pay enough to live on my own.
I have an associates degree in advertising and am 12 credits shy of a bachelors in criminal justice
I am an eagle scout and published author, and have been shooting since age 8.

knowing demographic details about someone isn't going to change the fact that some people post useless and/or inflammatory things just to gain attention.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I am me! I have payed my dues to post here as I see you have not!

This is true, no excuses.

Texastactical - A very true statement, but over the internet you have to take everyting with a grain of salt.  I have no idea who is on the other end and they probably want to argue anyway.  If I were to speak up on every error, I would be here 24/7.  Plus you can tell when someone is sincere and when someone is not.  Like selling machineguns over the internet, you get 50 people wanting photos emailed to them so 49 of them can add them to their computer photo collection.  Not trying to sound crass, but you have to pick and choose your fights.  If that makes sense - I think it did?

fight4yourrights - As for low post count, dunno, just don't have alot to say over the internet I guess (see above.)  This past few months is the most I have posted since registering.  Heck, today is the most I have ever posted in one day!  

But I will admit, some of you guys have had me laughing pretty doggone hard at times!

Tho I don't spend alot of time here, more during the winter up here in AK, you guys are alright.  Of course there are some I wouldn't loan fifty cents to, but..... -kidding; just kidding!

cya
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#38]
21, still live at home, wouldnt be able to pay what bills I have buy guns and save for school if I didnt. Not a free loader though, I dont pay rent because parents wont let me. So most home repairs are fixed and paid by me or I help if its something im not that experienced with. I will be out of the house by next year. Maturity has almost nothing to do with age, in my life I've seen alot of old farts act like complete assholes, some on this board others in real life
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top