BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask me anything about the coming apocalypse...

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

Now your sounding sane again

Bottom line is to prepare as best you can.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

At least it's something we can all agree on.

All good theories need to be tested
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Will there be any Corvettes there?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will there be any Corvettes there?

Yes,but no gas.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

I tried that, but she has an amazing tolerance for Rohypnol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Peak_Oil- Can you please provide sources.  I've seen many of your type predict this with no releavance.  Nuclear energey is the wya to go, but the doomsday population seems to wish for doomsday.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
will there still be ice cream!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

I tried that, but she has an amazing tolerance for Rohypnol.

Damn. It didn't work on Wolfpack either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
At last, I finally get to kick some ass.
J/K!
Now I am not quite as doom and gloom about it as you though I see some pretty heavy shit coming our way. But <1 bil population. I just don't see that at all. Even if worse comes to worse with an economic collapse and WWIII, both of which I do expect, I would say MAYBE 1.5 bil dead tops.  And most all of that will be in Asia IMO.

Anyone out there know how to rub two sticks together?!!?

Git some.

I'm hitting the sack tonight, and will revisit this in the morning.

Nevertheless, consider yourself Own3d until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like someone finally came out of their Y2K bunker......

....and is now trying to stir up a market for the other 4 pallets of MRE's they don't need anymore.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's nice to see that someone shares almost the exact thoughts I have on this subject.  However, a competent geologist that I spoke to said that the South American oil supply is at its peak, but the Middle Eastern supply wont be for 15 years or so (I think this is what he said).  However, if one considers China and a possible grab for resources, that might get pushed up a bit.  I love how nobody takes this seriously, it has always seemed the most likely way the world would end to me (along with disease).  The Earth simply has too many people living on it.  

what about all the alternate energy sources we're working on / close to having??? hydrogen fuel, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric?  Also, don't we, the US, still have tons of oil reserves we haven't even tapped????  My understanding is that we're sucking up the rest of the world's oil and saving ours for last so that when they run out we'll still have some . .. . .tee hee!  we so sneaky!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
We'll still have hookers, right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Google Club of Rome, you faggot

You think you're smart?

oh no he di-unt!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]
And strippers, we'll still have strippers, right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And strippers, we'll still have strippers, right?

No, but we'll have 4xys2xxs, depending on what she wears.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
And lots of Whiskey...there'll be booze, right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good point.

If there isn't beer, I don't want to go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What should I wear?

body armor and multi cam DER.  ya don't have to be peak oil to know that answer

Personally, I'll be wrapping a vagina around my penis to keep it safe and warm.  WHAT?!  sorry i'm tired.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

*yet more useless bullshit*

I used to think you were annoying, but mildly amusing, like watching an ADHD kid with a Rubik's Cube. Deliberately rehashing the same tired shit just to stir the pot, however, puts you squarely in troll category.

Take your one trick and leave, please. You are neither clever nor original.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

body armor and multi cam DER.  ya don't have to be peak oil to know that answer

Personally, I'll be wrapping a vagina around my penis to keep it safe and warm.  WHAT?!  sorry i'm tired.

No fair, I already called dibs on your mom.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

Just shoot me if there's no booze.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

Just shoot me if there's no booze.

How about I shoot you and take your booze?  Hey, it's the end of the world, right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Will the world finally convert to THermal Depolymerization for its oil supplies?

Will I have the last of the Interceptors?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Unfortunately exactly how much is there is all speculation, as those who have it sure as hell arent telling us how much is left.

If "they" are running out and know it, why wouldn't they tell us? As someone who deals with finite resources I can guarantee you I tell people when supply is running low. Because it ups the price. If there was only 3 years worth of oil left and they knew it, believe me, they'd already have a bidding war started. That's the way business works.

All the sky is falling speculation in this thread is all fine and good, but there's a million things that could end this planet tomorrow and I don't run around sweating those either. For all peakoils flapping, I got ten bucks that says he doesn't last a week when the end of the world does show up, if he's still here when it happens. 17 days worth of water and a California arsenal aint getting you anywhere.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Will I have the last of the Interceptors?

No, because I will.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
In my opinion, 95% of the human race will die off, and the remaining 5% will be the most vicious and greedy of the lot.  Jesus would be ashamed of the behavior of the survivors.

now THAT is funny stuff.  "the earth can only accomodate 300million without the use of oil."

i guess that means i'll have my choice of real estate to open my "maiden shelter", in which i'll protect 100 or so of the most nubile refugees.

applications for franchising rights are now available.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unfortunately exactly how much is there is all speculation, as those who have it sure as hell arent telling us how much is left.

If "they" are running out and know it, why wouldn't they tell us? As someone who deals with finite resources I can guarantee you I tell people when supply is running low. Because it ups the price. If there was only 3 years worth of oil left and they knew it, believe me, they'd already have a bidding war started. That's the way business works.

All the sky is falling speculation in this thread is all fine and good, but there's a million things that could end this planet tomorrow and I don't run around sweating those either. For all peakoils flapping, I got ten bucks that says he doesn't last a week when the end of the world does show up, if he's still here when it happens. 17 days worth of water and a California arsenal aint getting you anywhere.

Because you dont want your best customers to switch to alternatives thats why!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what you're saying is that if there was a 3 year supply of oil left, they wouldn't tell us......because we could switch to an alternative BEFORE that oil ran out? So if THAT was true, why the fuck would you be stressing over it running out? If we can switch to alternatives that quickly, there aint much t worry about is there?

That said, if there was a dwindling suplly of oil, they WOULD tell us, they WOULD skyrocket the price and there WOULD be a bidding war to get us through that interim period. The idea of them hiding the dwindling supply from us doesn't work no matter which way you spin it, sorry. If it was a big deal they'd spike the fuck out of prices and if it wasn't a big deal there'd be no reason for us to be discussing it.

I'm more worried about getting hit by a meteor, or for that matter some lightning or a bus.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Can we get this thread back on track?

Is the beer cold?

eta: And will SO not get into this Apocalypse thing, if there isn't hot and cold running water, electricity, and available internet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#30]
E85 there's some serious stretch to gasoline supplies.   Oil ( motor and lubricating ) can be synthetic, it's superior to natural oils in the first place albeit more expensive.   Farm machinery can be prioritized for motor fuels and the like as well as .mil and other gov functions.  

The worst effect of "peak oil" is a rise in prices.   $3.00-5.00 per gallon for gas.   It's expensive but we'll still go to work and farming will still occur.  

Alternative fuel sources will gain popularity and you'll feel like a dork for thinking the world was coming to an end.

If the Peak Oil thing is true, we can expect some serious inflation.   Gee that's never happened before
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
E85 there's some serious stretch to gasoline supplies.   Oil ( motor and lubricating ) can be synthetic, it's superior to natural oils in the first place albeit more expensive.   Farm machinery can be prioritized for motor fuels and the like as well as .mil and other gov functions.  

The worst effect of "peak oil" is a rise in prices.   $3.00-5.00 per gallon for gas.   It's expensive but we'll still go to work and farming will still occur.  

Alternative fuel sources will gain popularity and you'll feel like a dork for thinking the world was coming to an end.

If the Peak Oil thing is true, we can expect some serious inflation.   Gee that's never happened before

You better hope that they can roll out these alternative fuel sources pretty damn fast.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I always love your uplifting and optimistic posts.  

Will Gold and Silver hold their relative value?

What will be the best type of investment?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Except oil is not a fossil fuel, and we're not running out. The Russians have written thousands of scientific papers since the 1950s about it, and there's at least one major book out on it now. World oil reserves are the largest they've ever been, and still growing, despite claims we are running out. Oil does not come from dinosaurs, it is a by product of methane. One of the reasons gas prices are so high in the US is because we do not have enough refineries. No new refineries have been built in years.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Except oil is not a fossil fuel, and we're not running out. The Russians have written thousands of scientific papers since the 1950s about it, and there's at least one major book out on it now. World oil reserves are the largest they've ever been, and still growing, despite claims we are running out. Oil does not come from dinosaurs, it is a by product of methane. One of the reasons gas prices are so high in the US is because we do not have enough refineries. No new refineries have been built in years.

Thank You!  

And a ton of the current refineries were trashed with last years hurricanes, hence our $2.30 average pump prices
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I see someone has been on the crack pipe again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
will there be boobs

+1 2

How many cans of beans will one blowjob cost, and is the woman giving me the cans in exchange for the bonus protein, or am I giving her the cans in addition to the bonus protein?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Git some.

All I have to say is, the fact he said "Own3d" is proof enough hes some high school kid, who most likely plays video games and has a face full of zits, prolly eats little debbie cakes by the handfull, lacks the ablity to engage socially and is on spring break...I bet he was up all night floggin the dolphin and post blow hole, he got bored and wanted keep his hands busy on the keyboard, hence this useless post.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Edited, double post
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:31:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You better hope that they can roll out these alternative fuel sources pretty damn fast.  

E85 is already produced in significant quantities, just not so much here yet.   85 percent ethanol 15 percent gasoline.   It's the reason for the rise in prices of sugar.   Alot of "waste" product from farming can be used to produce ethanol.   It's expensive but as prices rise it will become more practical and the process used to extract it will become more efficient.

I'd be willing to bet that's what the pres was referring to when he mentioned they were close to a major breakthrough in energy production ( cant remember the exact terms he used)

There's alot of land that is receiving a govt check NOT to produce anything, they can use that money to offset the costs of producing bio fuels on that land without creating a glut in the market and hurting the other farmers.   Of course that approach would make sense and probably wont be used.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Git some.

All I have to say is, the fact he said "Own3d" is proof enough hes some high school kid, who most likely plays video games and has a face full of zits, prolly eats little debbie cakes by the handfull, lacks the ablity to engage socially and is on spring break...I bet he was up all night floggin the dolphin and post blow hole, he got bored and wanted keep his hands busy on the keyboard, hence this useless post.

Close Cold. If I remember correctly he his a Kalif Kollege student and takes the things his "teachers" say a little too serious.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what you're saying is that if there was a 3 year supply of oil left, they wouldn't tell us......because we could switch to an alternative BEFORE that oil ran out? So if THAT was true, why the fuck would you be stressing over it running out? If we can switch to alternatives that quickly, there aint much t worry about is there?

That said, if there was a dwindling suplly of oil, they WOULD tell us, they WOULD skyrocket the price and there WOULD be a bidding war to get us through that interim period. The idea of them hiding the dwindling supply from us doesn't work no matter which way you spin it, sorry. If it was a big deal they'd spike the fuck out of prices and if it wasn't a big deal there'd be no reason for us to be discussing it.

I'm more worried about getting hit by a meteor, or for that matter some lightning or a bus.

Believe what you will.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ok i was gonna write something else BUT THIS IS THE STUPIDIST SHIT I HAVE EVER HEARD. What Illuminate conspiracy, Bush did 9-11, Flouride causes zombies shit stain did you hear this from?????????? This is the worst of the worst kind of stupidity i have heard only becuase some fools might belive it and only make things worse. show me a link from a reputable Scientific web site that even plays with that rediculous idea. Oh wait lemme guess, all the papers are in Russian and untranslated? I would like to explain to you about geology 101 but i dont have enough space on this small post. Suffice to say that is 100% total horeshit just on the face of it. Do you belive the same thing is true for gold and silver?

Well anyway, what i really wanted to say was, This peak oil thing is real. The thing is though our society did well without oil until about 1900! It won't cause us to go back into a new stone age. even taking a step back is still not the stone age! For example the use of wood and coal has been increasing as of late and these are not in any danger of running out. We'll have to rely more on coal, wood, Nuclear, better fuel efficiency, Solar, Wind, Gas, Except for geo-thermal energy ALL energy comes from the sun, Harvest that and and you'll still do OK. For example you grow corn from the sun, you take that and turn it into a fuel, wa-la, more energy. The sun causes the wind to blow you put  up a wind mill electrical generator, wa-la, more energy. And here are some things we Americanskis are bad at,  better fuel usage. STOP driving SUV's, start driving motorcycles and schooters and those "baby cars" from europe, some of which are really nifty!  Also some of the BY-products that are also essential like plastics and fertilizer can be made through coal albeit at a higher price. Remeber coal is just "young" oil. It has all the same hydrocarbons etc. it just requires more energy to leach them out.

OOH OHH OOH! I forgot! There is a new energy source that is still in it's infancy but also can generate power, MOON POWER! Yes thats right MOON POWER! Ya see the moons gravity is what causes the tides to rise and fall, to move all that water requires a LOT of energy which can be harvested. You place 'Tide Generators' on the shore which spin a turbine as the tide moves in and out. With that energy you could power a light bulb from the power of the MOON! [insert 1950's sci-fi movie music here]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#43]
no need to make preparations. the government will take care of us. this is all bush's fault
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Will there be zombies?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have no problem with cannibalism.  My hand pump vacuum packer and the cold Artic north will allow me to keep meat for years.  I should do alright compared to those with the whole "I won't eat people" hangup.  I don't have to outlive everyone... just the 95% that'll die off in the first few years, which shouldn't be hard since they are made of meat.

Besides, I don't need oil.  I take the bus.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#46]
good thing i can ride a horse (we need a cowboy smiley)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
good thing i can ride a horse (we need a cowboy smiley)

Close enough.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Better question, what have YOU done to prepare? What measures have you taken? What kind of stockpiles of supplies do you have?

I thought I was doing a good job of preparing, but now I find out I'm screwed - there are no more MH group buys.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Dude, are you still on this Peak Oil thing? I thought we set you straight recently... Have you backslid on us?

(tag)  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Due to lack of interest the Apocalypse has been canceled
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top