Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 9:05:58 PM EDT
Im trying to screw with an asshat at work. What I want to do is figure out if its possible to get one or several of the small RFID tags that come in boxes or the flat as paper ones that come in books to plant in the coat pockets of an asshole to make the anti shoplifting alarms go off wherever he goes!
I dont know much about the comercial apps of these other than I presume when they swipe them at the register they are somehow deactivated.  I want LIVE ones to get this moron coolaid drinking hillbilly democrat scratching his dandruf/mange patched scalp trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
I just know that the awnser can be found here in the wellspring of knowledge that is the General Discussion boards
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The only RFID chip I have is in a parking permit for a garage on campus...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask a clerk somewhere they have small ones, most people would sell their soul for a couple of bucks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im trying to screw with an asshat at work. What I want to do is figure out if its possible to get one or several of the small RFID tags that come in boxes or the flat as paper ones that come in books to plant in the coat pockets of an asshole to make the anti shoplifting alarms go off wherever he goes!
I dont know much about the comercial apps of these other than I presume when they swipe them at the register they are somehow deactivated.  I want LIVE ones to get this moron coolaid drinking hillbilly democrat scratching his dandruf/mange patched scalp trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
I just know that the awnser can be found here in the wellspring of knowledge that is the General Discussion boards

those aren't RFID, they're magnetic.  Anything that has a strong enough magnetic field will set them off.  I set one off at my highschool libary with a HP 48G calculator by running a system test, which generated enough of an EM field that set it off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, Im not up on anti shoplifting tech. I just know that like most of us I have had those stupid door alarms go off and lots of people looking at you and store emplyees asking what you just bought.  I want to make some egg sucking moron democrat apologist wonder why every where he goes the alarms go off. He will never figure it out and it will make me laugh all day long at work Im not joking, he is an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, Im not up on anti shoplifting tech. I just know that like most of us I have had those stupid door alarms go off and lots of people looking at you and store emplyees asking what you just bought.  I want to make some egg sucking moron democrat apologist wonder why every where he goes the alarms go off. He will never figure it out and it will make me laugh all day long at work Im not joking, he is an idiot.

A few small magnets should do it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Sew the things into the liners so he can't find them.

Ahem, here's an easy way for you to get some... Go to ARFCOMs favorite place and look in the book section and peel off a few of the flat (paper thin) magnetic strips, then go looking for items with the plastic rectangular strips, take a few of them.

Now all you have to do is walk out the front door and ignore the old lady.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A few small magnets should do it.

Magnets are everywhere.  Watches, cell phones, iPods, etc.

These tags are not magnets.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Go out the back fire door with your pockets full! No shoplifting alarm!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#10]
The rectangulat plastic bubble tags are not magnetic, they are capacitive.  They are deactivated by use of a magnet...that is what is on that pad at the checkout counter.

Unfortunately you need to sneak them past the entrance.  Not really a problem...what you do is buy a largge number of items with them.  Dremel tool bits always have them.  If you luck out, then you have to get them out the door.  Again, not a problem.  Once you trigger the alarm, have the receipt handy and pull one item out, showing both to the clerk.  They will then deactivate the one tag, leaving the rest active.

When removing the tags, do NOT peel.  Cut them out.  Peeling damages them.

Now you need to sneak them INTO the store with your friend.  If the store only has exit sensors, you are golden.  If not, you need to sneak them into the store.   Hide them in a length of threaded pipe, complete with steel caps.  You only need the caps on finger tight.  Even a length of 1/4" pipe, easy to carry in your pocket, is sufficient.  It must be steel with good fitting caps.

When your victim isn't looking, slip a few into his pockets etc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Go out the back fire door with your pockets full! No shoplifting alarm!

All you have to do is line your shopping bag with aluminum foil and it will shield the Sensormatic® tab.  Most shoplifters use two bags, one inside the other, with a middle layer of foil so it doesn't show.

RFID is a different matter because each tag is individually coded with a unique serial number, so once a tag number is logged it is not flagged as stolen no matter how many times it passes through the door sensors.   In fact, RFID tags are not deactivted in any way because the stores want to read them when you come back wearing the item and they can identify the garment and even the customer.  That's right, they can detect you just walking through the mall and tell what you're wearing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top