Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 6:17:32 PM EDT
Who's going?  

I'm going over tomorrow in my truck to do my shopping.  

Going over Thursday morning, on the motorcycle, for the weekend.  

For anyone going to Daytona for Bike Week, have fun and be safe.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Without the 1000's running in the Daytona 200 the 200 race has become a joke.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to live on SR 400 where I-4 ends.  My windows would rumble non-stop for like a week.  I never minded.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Good rule of thumb, 2 wheels, 2 drinks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I also stopped going to the races.  

I go to check out and photograph the girls bikes.    

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Haven't been since '81.
Wonder if Pamela still works at the Sugar Shack (Shingle Shack,whatever)?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Without the 1000's running in the Daytona 200 the 200 race has become a joke.

Did you hear that Honda has pulled out from AMA directorship because of AMA's decision to allow Buell's XB-RR proddy race bikes? Too bad Honda is so desparate for a win, the event last year was a parade in red.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I am sure Honda is really scared of a Buell, what does it have 500 more CC's? If it finishes a race it would be a real ecomplishment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember to post pictures.

Preferably in Team.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW.  81 degrees and sunny.    

I4 was (*^%(*&^(*^^&%(%* as usual.    One overturned van and a jack-knifed semi.  On the way back we saw another crash.  What the heck is with these people.  Five bikers have already been killed in Daytona.  

Traffic, in Daytona, wasn't too bad around noon.  By 1900 hrs, it got horrible.  We walked Main Street and you could actually walk without bumping into people.  We noticed, more families are attending Bike Week.  That could be a good and bad thing.  We went to the Harley Davidson show at the Ocean Center and got a buncha fee stuff.    I like free Harley stuff.  

I took a paramedic, friend that works in my patrol area, to Bike Week for his first time.  He enjoyed himself so much, he's joining us for the weekend.  I like to take 's to Daytona and introduce them to the "Darker side".  I enjoy the look on their faces when they see all the bikes and people.  

Now I'm packing (cloths and gun/ammo) and getting the "Old Harley" ready for the weekend.    

I’ll post some photos later today.  They’re COC compliant.  My brother’s girlfriend has a small, stuffed blue bird they take with them on trips.  They take photos of the bird’s trips.  We had to take the bird to Bike Week.  He won’t let me take it with me for the weekend.    

The more interesting photos will be posted  in the Team area early next week.  

P.S.  I didn't see Fast_Jimmy in Daytona.    

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Have fun and please post pics.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Stick it in her pooper and post pics!

Have fun!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]
one word--LOLLIPOPS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Wish I could be there. Stuck working again this year.

Maybe for Biketoberfest.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wish I could be there. Stuck working again this year.

Maybe for Biketoberfest.

If you make it to Biketoberfest, get with me.  I'll buy 'ya a cold drink.  I drink Diet Cherry Pepsi.    

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If you make it to Biketoberfest, get with me.  I'll buy 'ya a cold drink.  I drink Diet Cherry Pepsi.    

Deal!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Man this sucks. This will be the first year in I don't know how long that I can't make Bike Week. New job and no leave built up. Have fun and be careful guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I down sized these photos.  I hope they load fast for everyone.  

The bird at the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando.  We stopped on the way to Daytona.  

Inside the Bass Pro Shop.    

On Beach Ave near the Harley shop.  

The bird was checking out the Daytona Hilton.  If you look close you can see Paris looking out one of the windows.    

Inside the Harley show at the Ocean Center.  

I bought five chances at winning this Harley.  (Fingers crosses, again this year.)  

Willie G. Davidson, Nancy Davidson and their son, Bill Davidson signing my Harley stuff.  Check out the bird.  He got into the action.  

Evil Knievel.  He's not looking real good.    

The bird had to check out the inside of a new Harley Davidson model Ford pick-up.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top