Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 5:36:03 PM EDT
Ok. I need a cheep tile saw for doing some tile work. I don't want to buy an expensive name brand, so I'm going to buy one of the Harbour Frieght cheepies. They offer two different saws for the same price, and I'm wondering what the differences are and which one is better. Here are the options:

Link 1

or

Link 2

So, which one should I get and why?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
these are cheap
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hehe yeah I just bought a cheap tile cutter that scores it and breaks it.  Depends on how much cutting you're going to do I guess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are cheap?

I bought this one at Home Depot for about $79 on sale a year ago... It works for me, but then, I'm not doing big floors or anything like that. I've used it for a couple of countertops and it works well.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those are cheap?

I bought this one at Home Depot for about $79 on sale a year ago... It works for me, but then, I'm not doing big floors or anything like that. I've used it for a couple of countertops and it works well.

Yep, I've already got one of those. I'd rather chew through them than use one of those ever again. I was cuting granite with mine also. I plan on doing my whole new house with it and want something that will make the job a bit easier.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
No one has an opinion on either of them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a saw similar to the second one pictured and it works OK for me. I don't know why you would need to mitre cut tiles, so the first one doesn't make much sense.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
any more advice?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#8]
both?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top