Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 5:14:36 PM EDT
Just like the title says.  We are looking at this in a policy class and I know the terroists are more than just the Iraqis.  I have some links to articles backing this up, but need to diversify my sources.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
People are coming from all over the middle east to fight against the US,take your pick.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the british there still mad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of groups in that region see an oppertunity in Iraq, not just Iraqis but I  would think youd have a hard time finding sources for each one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Not gonna have any links to provide but my buddy that just came back from Iraq will confirm this. Most guys they zapped were not Iraqis. How they can tell, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
ROP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
well, if they were here, the libtards would be calling them "isolated incedents" and that they were not connected
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
We have killed French and British Arabs there as well a Muslims from just about every land.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Have heard mention of a bunch of Cheknyans (sp?).

Nick
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
They ARE primarily Iraqi.  It seems many hawkish Americans have gotten wrapped around the axle on the whole "foreign fighters" thing.  Yes, foreign influence is significant, but none of it is possible without local support.

Where I was, the big influence and weapons / fighter importation route was Syria.  Most of the suicide bombers seemed to be foreign as well.  Reports were that locals preferred staying alive and thus seemed less fanatical.

The best open source material I have seen on the insurgency and its elements is here: www.crisisgroup.org/library/documents/middle_east___north_africa/iraq_iran_gulf/50_in_their_own_words_reading_the_iraqi_insurgency.pdf.  This is actually more thorough than most real miltary analysises I have read, because it is focused nationally and provides a larger perspective - you must realize that the fight is very different from province to province.

Here also is a transcript of when my Regimental Cdr gave a press conference a few months back - it goes into a good overview of the enemy situation we faced in western Ninewah. www.dod.mil/transcripts/2006/tr20060127-12385.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, Adam.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks, Adam.

Where is "FM?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top