Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
Can someone, with a greater I-Pod IQ than me, figue out how I can get this file onto my I-pod. It is aWMA file but I can not convert it to save my life. I tried to use I-tunes and it will not even try and place it in my I-Tunes list. I took my other WMAs files and put them on a disk and then moved them into i-Tunes which it converted them to MP3/4s with no problem. I can not get this one converted or even moved into I-tunes.

Any ideas??? I need my daily M60 fix and this would help

http://www.inrangec2.com/kf/m60.wmv

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
I don't think iTunes/iPod can play WMA.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:49:22 PM EDT
You are right...they can't, but I took my WMA audio files and placed them on a disk and then pulled them into i-Tunes which converts them to Mp3/4s and they will play. I actually got it to pull a video (that was WMA) into I-tunes and convert it but it removed the sound .

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:52:36 PM EDT
that's a wmv, not a wma

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:54:19 PM EDT
First of all, it's not a WMA, its a WMV, its WMV b/c it's a video file, not a music file. I don't think you can get it to work, cuz this is what it says on apple's site

"Videos that were not purchased from the iTunes Music Store are typically not in a format that is playable on the iPod, but in many cases, they can be converted to the correct format using QuickTime 7 Pro. To find out how to convert a movie to one of these formats, see the Creating Video for iPod tutorial, then add the converted video to your iTunes Library. If you're using a Mac with QuickTime 7.0.3 or later installed, you can use iMovie and other applications to export a movie to a format supported by the iPod and then add it your iTunes Library. Click here for an iMovie HD tutorial."

so i think ur SOL.... sorry, sweet vid tho
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:38:05 PM EDT
I converted it to an mp4 video file. It almost doubled in size. Want me to email it to you?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT by mandingo]
Posted twice for some reason..
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 2:59:45 PM EDT by ByteTheBullet]
I have it at 7.4meg...I am trying to upload to tinypic right now...

video

Well, it is clickable, bit not downloadable...can you 'save as' from the video window?

I tried emailing from that window, just sends a link...emailing now, hopefully.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:52:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mandingo:
I converted it to an mp4 video file. It almost doubled in size. Want me to email it to you?

Please do.

e5usmc@comcast.net

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:53:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
I have it at 7.4meg...I am trying to upload to tinypic right now...

ByteTheBullet (-:

I'll try both...Thanks guys. I just got this damn I-pod and I think I might just shoot it tomorrow!!!!

Semper Fi,
M60-E4

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:57:12 PM EDT
Yeah, the video part of iPods is not 'finished'. There are a few features that apple left off, hopefully a firmware upgrade is coming soon.

I will try emailing the video I converted too.

I used Xilisoft iPod Video Converter that I got off Shareaza, as info.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:25:30 PM EDT by M60-E4]
Got it and thanks a lot!!!

M60-E4
Top Top