Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:27:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used it on occasion for a bad back. Make sure you have some food in your stomach, taking it on an empty stomach can make you nauseous.

Also, depending on how it affects you, you probably don't need to be driving after taking it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#2]
It works for me, makes me feel goos, helps the pain and givens energy, just wish somewhere would write me a script.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Percosets work better for me.  Everytime I went to the oral surgeon he would ask me "do you need any more percosets?"  I should have answered yes every damn time!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]
It makes me feel like painting my entire house,with four coats of paint.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It does work. Now you can go and not fell a thing
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I would have my wisdom teeth taken out again to get 15 more of those little pieces of heaven.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Dont get too used to it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
For what its worth,  skip the pain releiver band aid and have them remove that gall bladder now.

What your going thru will only get worse if you dont.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#9]
After my knee surgery I was talking a massive amount because of my size. I am 6'5" and over 300lbs. But I am not really fat, I have short legs for my height 32" inseem and a extra long torso and huge shoulders. When I told my pill popping college buddies how much I was perscribed they were all amazed. I was taking 1500mg every 3-4 hours I would end up watching the preview channel for hours, this was before they had the little "programs" on it, it was just the channel listing scrolling past the screen w/no sound. Good times, good times. However as I was getting to the end of the bottle I could tell if I was on it for a few more day I would have had a hard time stopping, I had alittle bit of the "unhealthy" cravings for it
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#10]
My back has been on the brink lately, I'm currently taking OC 40's, but I split them in half.
I know, I know about long term use, I been on them for 18 months then had surgery, surgery worked for 6 months (pain free). Now the pain is back so I'm up to 80mg's a day of OC. It's going to suck when its time to get off them again..........
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Based on experience with broken bones, jacked up back and dental surgery…

Vicodin does absolutely nothing for me. I’m told that some people just don’t metabolize it right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a prescription for some after eye surgery and again after I broke a couple ribs and vertebrae.  I found to to be almost as effective as asprin or advil.  I guess it effects different people differently.

But it did sem to enhance the effects of alcohol in a mildly pleasant way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I had a prescription for some after eye surgery and again after I broke a couple ribs and vertebrae.  I found to to be almost as effective as asprin or advil.
I guess it effects different people differently.

Thats when take another one or two and break open a 12 pack of beer  j/k
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a prescription for some after eye surgery and again after I broke a couple ribs and vertebrae.  I found to to be almost as effective as asprin or advil.
I guess it effects different people differently.

Thats when take another one or two and break open a 12 pack of beer  j/k

It has Acetominifen in it... mixing that with booze will make your liver do the lambada.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My back has been on the brink lately, I'm currently taking OC 40's, but I split them in half.
I know, I know about long term use, I been on them for 18 months then had surgery, surgery worked for 6 months (pain free). Now the pain is back so I'm up to 80mg's a day of OC. It's going to suck when its time to get off them again..........

You SHOULD NOT be splitting those. OC is coated with a time release coating. If you cut it, the whole thing releases immediately. Good way to take a dirt nap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Vicodin and Oxycontin are very very addictive be careful
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Vicodin and Oxycontin are very very addictive be careful

And so is Percosets
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]
A friend of mine just had a tooth pulled and got Vicodins. I had to drive him to and from the oral surgeon's office. He took one before we left town (an hour away) and came back. Didn't seem to phase him, and he's not one for taking pain pills.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 25 yrs ago and doc gave me Darvon. Now let me tell you I got to love the feeling of no-pain. Wooo-Hooo!!!!!!!!

I haven't had anything like that since, and since then I'm very careful about such stuff. I sure learned why it's so easy for people to get addicted to stuff.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Tell us how much you like them after you have not been able to take a crap for 7 days.....

Vicodin may cause constipation. Drink plenty of water (six to eight full glasses a day) to lessen this side effect. Increased fiber in the diet may also help to alleviate constipation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't get hooked on that SHIT!
Do you want to end up like Sgatra15?!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Tell us how much you like them after you have not been able to take a crap for 7 days.....

Vicodin may cause constipation. Drink plenty of water (six to eight full glasses a day) to lessen this side effect. Increased fiber in the diet may also help to alleviate constipation.

Yeah, that too.  I'll stick with asprin and a whiskey chaser.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
You better hope ARDOC doesn't see this thread.

He gave me a ration of shit because i take about 50 a year. Which, according to him means i"m a drug addict. hahahaha.

Needles to say, it works fine for me too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You better hope ARDOC doesn't see this thread.

He gave me a ration of shit because i take about 50 a year. Which, according to him means i"m a drug addict. hahahaha.

Needles to say, it works fine for me too.

+1.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
What, did TheRedGoat slip you a mickey to "ease the pain" before the KY Jelly wrestling match?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It works for me, makes me feel goos, helps the pain and givens energy, just wish somewhere would write me a script.

I dont know what the crap you just said!! (You must be on vicodin, or I am, I dont know...)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Please Proceed Directly to Rehab!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#28]
What is the shelf life for Vicodin?
Vicodin just put me to sleep. When I didnt feel pain, I would not take it.
I hear some meds turn poisonous after a certin amount of time passes??
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What is the shelf life for Vicodin?
Vicodin just put me to sleep. When I didnt feel pain, I would not take it.
I hear some meds turn poisonous after a certin amount of time passes??

I think they say throw away after one year .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top