Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 8:56:35 AM EDT by SubnetMask]
She's a beauty.

Pre-B, no import marks, nickel frame, black slide, Novak sights (even installed by Novak), four 15rd factory mags, holster and double mag pouch. Oh, and it shoots REALLY well.

I'm one happy camper! Thanks Walther_gsp!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:44:29 PM EDT
How bout some pics?
Sounds sweet
James
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:51:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 8:56:58 AM EDT by warlord]
Nice gun.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the difference betweent the A and B versions of this gun? I have the official imported USofA B version and it shoots pretty good for me. One of the best kept secrets in the gun world.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:58:04 AM EDT
And they're (the B versions) are fabulously cheap for such a great gun.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:58:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
Nice gun.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the difference betweent the A and B versions of this gun? I have the official imported USofA B version and it shoots pretty good for me. One of the best kept secrets in the gun world.

Trigger guard is squared off on the front, for one. Pre-B's look a lot more graceful to me.

-hanko
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:00:25 AM EDT

Nice gun.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the difference betweent the A and B versions of this gun? I

They come in cool Barney purple!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:01:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 9:03:14 AM EDT by Matthew_Q]
Nice find! I shot my CZ75B last night after not having any trigger time in months. She put a smile on my face!

added:

My dream CZ pistol would be like the Tactical Sport:

except Novaks sights, no extended mag release or magwell... basically a 75B with that frame.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:01:20 AM EDT

Nice gun.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the difference betweent the A and B versions of this gun? I have the official B version and it shoots pretty good for me. One of the best kept secrets in the gun world.

Mine has no firing pin block, a rounded trigger guard, slightly different external controls, and a spur hammer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 9:54:05 AM EDT by warlord]

Originally Posted By jblachly:

I paid $325NIB for a black polymer finish one in 1995 on special from B&B Guns, N. Hollywood Calif(that place near where they had the N. Hollywood bank robbery shoot out).

BTW: To anyone that has a CZ75, watch out for the black factory grip panels and Hoppe's #9, I now have slightly smudged right thumb print on one of my plastic panels because they are not resistant to Hoppe's #9.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT
I miss it already.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:38:28 AM EDT
Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:41:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By walther_gsp:
I miss it already.

Your new SA TRP will cure that in no time, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:25:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jblachly:

I paid $325NIB for a black polymer finish one in 1995 on special from B&B Guns, N. Hollywood Calif(that place near where they had the N. Hollywood bank robbery shoot out).

BTW: To anyone that has a CZ75, watch out for the black factory grip panels and Hoppe's #9, I now have slightly smudged right thumb print on one of my plastic panels because they are not resistant to Hoppe's #9.

Watch out for Gunscrubber to it will metl the plastic. Picked up a 75B for 350 with nickle frame black slide about two weeks ago. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:31:43 PM EDT
God Bless Czechnology!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 2:41:51 PM EDT by weptek911]
I remember when those hit town during the cold war. Even then they were supposed to be one of the best pistols ever. IRC the Bren Ten was based on that design.

Thanks for posting this. Now I want one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:42:59 PM EDT
I gave my brother a CZ75 Compact (steel frame). He likes is better than his FM Hi Power, which for him is saying quite a bit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:02:28 PM EDT by warlord]

Originally Posted By weptek911:
I remember when those hit town during the cold war. Even then they were supposed to be one of the best pistols ever. IRC the Bren Ten was based on that design.

In those days when trade between the Warsaw Pact countries were verboten, and to get a real genuine, authenic CZ75A, costed something like $1,000(probably closer to $1,500 in today's dollars), and was obtained thru a rather tortured and circuitous route from Canada. And of course back then we had the various clones such as Tanfoglio TZ75, EAA Witness etc, but they were not quite the same as the original. Now thanks Ronald Reagan and to the fall of communism, we have the genuine article for $300-$400.

The toghest descision today is do you want small, med, or large frame, and what caliber, 9mm Para, 40S&W, 45ACP. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:14:03 PM EDT by Barrelburner]
I have a CZ75B with a Bar-Sto barrel and a Hogue kingwood grip. I wants to tell ya, that barrel is accurate.

I would prefer the round trigger guard like that one, though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:17:35 PM EDT

Nice gun.

I don't think there was an "A" version, just CZ75 and CZ75B (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). B versions have a trigger guard with the flat front/finger rest (or whatever it's purpose is) and the grips have somewhat of a thumbrest on them. The pre-B CZ75's are like the one above.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:22:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Barrelburner:

Nice gun.

I don't think there was an "A" version, just CZ75 and CZ75B (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). B versions have a trigger guard with the flat front/finger rest (or whatever it's purpose is) and the grips have somewhat of a thumbrest on them. The pre-B CZ75's are like the one above.

Sorry to confuse you, I meant to say the "A" version was the orginal version, I'm just being lazy to type up the whole word original. That is correct there was really no "A," just the original and "B" version.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:31:03 PM EDT by topknot]
Yours is real perty, subnet.

Here's mine:

From Bitburg AB rod and gun club, Germany, circa 1988...

Just got my Hogue grip in the mail and put it on tonight (not shown).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:30:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hanko:

Nice gun.

Trigger guard is squared off on the front, for one. Pre-B's look a lot more graceful to me.

-hanko

+1

I bought one in Oct '04 and now that the Retro's are out, wish I had waited.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:59:46 PM EDT by WinstonSmith]

Nice gun.

"B" models have angled slide serrations, a finger rest on the triggerguard, non-glare milled slides, rounded hammers, different grips, different safety and slide stop switches, and a firing pin block.

There are also transitional models with some or all of the good stuff from the B without the firing pin block. I've got one of the transitionals in the powdercoat/poly finish. It's a 75B frame, slide, and hammer with 75 controls and no block, marked CZ75. The desirability of the firing pin block is arguable, with most people agreeing that the triggers were better on the pre-B models. I think they were changed primarily for import reasons.

There are also even older 75's out there with shorter rails, and I've heard some reports of stress cracks on those guns.

Subnetmask, nice score
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:43:59 PM EDT by TacticalPenguin]

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Nice gun.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me the difference betweent the A and B versions of this gun? I have the official B version and it shoots pretty good for me. One of the best kept secrets in the gun world.

Mine has no firing pin block, a rounded trigger guard, slightly different external controls, and a spur hammer.

Don't forget that the pre B has front staked sights, and does not have that nasty rail they added so that they could go with dovetailed sights (of course that is making my search for tritium sights ahrder than hell )

I love my preB, it is the only pistol that has survivied all my moves, sellings, and trades

Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

There are also even older 75's out there with shorter rails, and I've heard some reports of stress cracks on those guns.

these were how they were originally made, the longer slide rails were to satisfy a military contract, they are rare, they do nto crack (that I have ever seen or heard about) and they balance soo very absolutely nicely, I hope to get more of them
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:39:59 PM EDT
My -B stovepipes every so often
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT

That guy locked open on half full mags 'till I replaced the springs (action and mag) and shaved a hair off the slide stop.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:30:37 PM EDT
If they made them in .45 ACP they'd sell another boatload of them. Jeff Cooper loves the CZ and said years ago it rivaled the 1911.

That is one beautiful CZ.

HH
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:33:45 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:04:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/IMG00003.jpg

Damn that is a fine weapon, i have wanted one for soem time, even though I dislike the cartridge (for it's cost, not it's abilities)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:45:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HoustonHusker:
If they made them in .45 ACP they'd sell another boatload of them. Jeff Cooper loves the CZ and said years ago it rivaled the 1911.

That is one beautiful CZ.

HH

.45 ACP?

THEY DO.

The CZ97 is a .45ACP pistol from the ground up. Reputed to be stupid accurate. Maybe I'll have one of those in my future....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:25:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:
Don't forget that the pre B has front staked sights, and does not have that nasty rail they added so that they could go with dovetailed sights (of course that is making my search for tritium sights ahrder than hell )

Mr. Novak is your friend.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:03 AM EDT
Wow, I had no idea there were so many CZ fans here on ARFCOM! How cool is that?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:47:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 6:58:15 AM EDT by warlord]
Check the USofA importer for CZ:
www.cz-usa.com/

BTW: (a) for some of you folks, who are unaware, CZ-USA just recently bought Dan Wesson guns.
(b) Dan Wesson is offering a 10mm 1911-style gun(I don't know how well it works etc, but it is available)
Razorback 1911

Due to overwhelming customer demand, the Dan Wesson Firearms Razorback 1911 is returning in one of its most popular confi gurations. The Razorback gets it’s name from the serrated Clark style target rib machined on the top of the slide. Chambered in the powerful 10mm cartridge, the RZ-10 is a very versatile 1911 package suitable for target shooting and handgun hunting of medium sized game such as boar and deer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:53:37 AM EDT

Are you using Winchester White Box ammo? If so you might need a stronger extractor spring. I had to put Wolff extractor springs in some of mine that had problems with WWB ammo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:03:54 AM EDT
I prefer a "B" for carry because it's more secure with hammer down (in DA mode) since it has a FP block. I like having the option of carrying in DA/SA mode (along with cocked and locked) but don't feel completely comfortable carrying a CZ-75/85 without an FP safety with the hammer down.

Doesn't dropping the hammer on a live round feel like tickling the dragons tail?

I have an 85 Combat I use in USPSA. The 85 Combat has no FP safety. I love seeing the reaction of an unsuspection RO when I rapidly drop the hammer on a live round at the start of a stage in a match.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:11:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MonkeyGrip:
I prefer a "B" for carry because it's more secure with hammer down (in DA mode) since it has a FP block. I like having the option of carrying in DA/SA mode (along with cocked and locked) but don't feel completely comfortable carrying a CZ-75/85 without an FP safety with the hammer down.

Doesn't dropping the hammer on a live round feel like tickling the dragons tail?

I have an 85 Combat I use in USPSA. The 85 Combat has no FP safety. I love seeing the reaction of an unsuspection RO when I rapidly drop the hammer on a live round at the start of a stage in a match.

Eh, I find the FP block to be unnecessary, even for cary. I just carry cocked and locked, and don't worry about it. With the safety on, that hammer isn't coming down. In the off chance that it does (and it won't), there's a half cock notch to catch it. Honestly, I don't see the point in having the hammer down.

To each his own, I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:20:27 AM EDT

Is the 75B double action only? Sa/Da? or just SA?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:38 AM EDT
Do any of you guys carry your Pre-B CZs? It seems like IWB holsters are near impossible to find, as they are all designed for B models. The trigger guard on mine doesn't seem to fit in anything but a crappy "generic" kind of holster.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:45:20 AM EDT
Subnet: where did you find your CZ?

I've always been curious about the CZ's but never looked at them seriously. Now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:14 AM EDT

Do any of you guys carry your Pre-B CZs? It seems like IWB holsters are near impossible to find, as they are all designed for B models. The trigger guard on mine doesn't seem to fit in anything but a crappy "generic" kind of holster.

Go to www.blade-tech.com and they have some nice stuff. I have carried mine cocked and locked in this holster and it works great!

That is a nice two-tone, Subnet. I have one in .40 cal that I stripped the bluing off the slide and polished with Nev-R-Dull. It looks sweet jus in polished steel with checkered wood grips.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By five2one:

See my 3/6/2006 10:47:49 post above, and click on the CZ importer link.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:15:06 AM EDT

See my 3/6/2006 10:47:49 post above, and click on the CZ importer link.

It is SA/DA, but recommended to be carried in SA only. When the hammer is forward, the hammer safety is disengaged from what I know. Unless you have the CZ-75BD (for Decocker), there is no safe way to decock the firearm once a round is chambered.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:05:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:

Unless you have the CZ-75BD (for Decocker), there is no safe way to decock the firearm once a round is chambered.

I beg to differ, as I've safely decocked the CZ in the picture with a round chambered on many occasions.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:17:18 AM EDT

Unless you have the CZ-75BD (for Decocker), there is no safe way to decock the firearm once a round is chambered.

I beg to differ, as I've safely decocked the CZ in the picture with a round chambered on many occasions.

Maybe you could enlighten us as to how you safely decock a firearm with no decocker.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:23:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tim84K10:

Maybe you could enlighten us as to how you safely decock a firearm with no decocker.

1. Point the weapon in a safe direction.
2. Grab hold of the hammer.
3. Pull trigger.
4. Gently lower hammer.

If you fuck it up, see #1.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:31:51 AM EDT

Here's another silly question, but is there any relationship between EAA Witness and the CZ 75? Or are they totally different?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:33:34 AM EDT

Here's another silly question, but is there any relationship between EAA Witness and the CZ 75? Or are they totally different?

Witness is a copy of the CZ.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:34:20 AM EDT

1. Point the weapon in a safe direction.
2. Grab hold of the hammer.
3. Pull trigger.
4. Gently lower hammer.

If you fuck it up, see #1.

I was just gonna say, "Don't be a dumbass." But go ahead and spell it out for him if you like.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:46:21 AM EDT
Don't own a handgun, but my first one will be a CZ. The CZ-52, CZ-82/83, CZ-75B, and CZ-75 P-01 are on my list; whichever I can get easiest is the first one I'm buying.

I've held the CZ-75B in the store; I've never felt another handgun that felt so RIGHT in my hands. It was perfect. The weight, the balance, the shape of the grip; EVERYTHING was right about that pistol. It also pointed naturally too. Too bad the store keeps trigger locks on everything and doesn't allow you to rack the slide; I would have liked to check out the action and dry fire it a couple times to check out the trigger pull.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top