Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:09:25 PM EDT
Whether can earn some money more to undergo military service in the war area ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:12:32 PM EDT
Your question is tough to understand but I think you are asking if someone will receive combat pay or not. I believe it depends on the theater of operation and what is going on at that time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:14:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:15:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tiengulden:
Whether can earn some money more to undergo military service in the war area ?

\

CHN? China?

Yes, soldiers get paid more in Iraq and afghanistan. Along with more pay, you also dont have to pay taxes so you make alot more. I was basically being paid double my normal salary when I was in Iraq.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:19:54 PM EDT
this post looks like it was babblefished
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:22:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:
this post looks like it was babblefished

I wonder if he found this board from the chinese military board that had all our pictures on it haha.

Oh well, Welcome tiengulden!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
No, that looks like how people from over in those parts write in English. It is kind of an awkward phrasing and it has something to do with how the Chinese language works. When it is translated straight over to English, it comes out that way. I've seen a lot of examples of it from graduate students from China, Korea, etc.

Assuming he is posting from the PRC, I would have figured this site would be censored by the government over there. It will be if they ever get around to visiting it. Stay safe, tiengulden.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:46:20 PM EDT
Can't the soldier be tax-free ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 7:50:27 PM EDT by tiengulden]
At conduct and actions in Iraq the employee of the blackwater can earn more money, who would also serve as soldier?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:50:37 PM EDT

While serving in a Tax-Free zone, then yes, otherwise income tax is applied. Where in CHN are you? My Father just got back from a business trip to Bejing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:52:11 PM EDT
Soldiers pay federal income taxes unless they are in a combat area, like Iraq or Afghanistan. There is also some kind of combat bonus for soldiers in declared combat areas. Maybe someone else on here knows the details.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:13:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big_Louie:
No, that looks like how people from over in those parts write in English. It is kind of an awkward phrasing and it has something to do with how the Chinese language works. When it is translated straight over to English, it comes out that way. I've seen a lot of examples of it from graduate students from China, Korea, etc.

Assuming he is posting from the PRC, I would have figured this site would be censored by the government over there. It will be if they ever get around to visiting it. Stay safe, tiengulden.

I doubt a grad student from Korea would write anything like a grad student from China. Their spoken accents would have similarities, though.

Chinese word order is primarily Subject-Verb-Object, much like English. Korean is a whole nother ball game, with the verb almost always ending the sentence. Korean is so unique linguistically, that scholars still argue over it's possible origins (at least, those who don't subscribe to the tower of Babel theory that many arfcommers do)

The only "distortions" in the initial post are in awkward choice of words (whether instead of if, did instead of were to) and relativle minor word placement issues (did before someone, more after money) compared to what you could expect from some poor translations.

This is definitey a likely babel fish-type computer translation, or a student struggling with a word to word translation from a dictionary.

Either way, welcome, tiengulden. Yes, we do get extra pay when deployed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:18:43 PM EDT

At conduct and actions in Iraq the employee of the blackwater can earn more money, who would also serve as soldier?

Assuming you meant, "why" would...

Quite a few soldiers have taken jobs woth private companies, from security (Blackwater stuff) to helicopter repair. Many more have re-enlisted. It's all about personal choice and opportunity.

Where are you writing from?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 8:25:50 PM EDT by Big_Louie]

Originally Posted By Adam_White:

Originally Posted By Big_Louie:

I doubt a grad student from Korea would write anything like a grad student from China. Their spoken accents would have similarities, though.

Chinese word order is primarily Subject-Verb-Object, much like English. Korean is a whole nother ball game, with the verb almost always ending the sentence. Korean is so unique linguistically, that scholars still argue over it's possible origins (at least, those who don't subscribe to the tower of Babel theory that many arfcommers do)

The only "distortions" in the initial post are in awkward choice of words (whether instead of if, did instead of were to) and relativle minor word placement issues (did before someone, more after money) compared to what you could expect from some poor translations.

This is definitey a likely babel fish-type computer translation, or a student struggling with a word to word translation from a dictionary.

Either way, welcome, tiengulden. Yes, we do get extra pay when deployed.

All of the Chinese and Koreans graduate students I've met form their English sentences the same way and they come out looking like the above. I've seen plenty of examples. I'm not sure exactly why that is. I assumed it was linguistic. You tend to see the same mistakes repeated by people from the same areas. Germans will make the same kinds of mistakes, Arabs will make the same kinds of mistakes, Chinese and Koreans will make the same kinds of mistakes, etc. Why? I don't know.

Anyway, let's not hijack the thread. Welcome, tiengulden.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:34:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:

While serving in a Tax-Free zone, then yes, otherwise income tax is applied. Where in CHN are you? My Father just got back from a business trip to Bejing.

I from Beijing
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:42:48 PM EDT
"我使用一个翻译软件将中文翻译成英文,结果很令人失望。我期待着更优秀的翻译软件的出现。"
I use a translation software to translate Chinese into English, the result disappoints very much.
I also hope to get more excellent translation software.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:46:23 PM EDT

"我使用一个翻译软件将中文翻译成英文,结果很令人失望。我期待着更优秀的翻译软件的出现。"
I use a translation software to translate Chinese into English, the result disappoints very much.
I also hope to get more excellent translation software.

That is not bad.

It is readable.

I have become good at reading poorly translated Chiness to English, from dealing with alot of Radio Control Helicopters and part suppliers out of Hong Kong.

Anyways Welcome to AR15.com

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:56:52 PM EDT
"可惜现在的因特网不能让人们直接使用自己的语言交流。
在好莱坞的电影里面,大家都会给新来的邻居送蛋糕,我是否也应该得到一个?"
Unfortunately current Internet can't let people use an own language exchanges directly.
The inside of the movie in Hollywood, everyone would send cake for newly arrived neighbor, whether I should also get an or not?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:02:36 PM EDT
"来自美国士兵的数码相机的照片在因特网上广泛流传。"
The photograph of the digital camera of the American soldier to spread extensively on Internet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
That is still better than half of the 'native' English-speakers around here.

Welcome to our first(?) member from China.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:04:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:07:19 PM EDT by CAR-10]
If you serve one day in certain areas your entire month's pay is tax free.

China? Welcome. How did you make it to the free world past all of those filters?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:07:35 PM EDT

Unfortunately current Internet can't let people use an own language exchanges directly.
The inside of the movie in Hollywood, everyone would send cake for newly arrived neighbor, whether I should also get an or not?

I would bring over a cake, but the pacific is a big ocean to cross!

Just a question, how did you find this site? Is it easy to get onto sites such as this from china? I dont know much about internet rules over there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:08:23 PM EDT

You probably won't get a cake. Here at AR15.com, we prefer pie.

Welcome to arfcom. Don't be a stranger.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:09:17 PM EDT
Welcome aboard, tiengulden. Your English is a hell of a lot better than my Chinese.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:13:43 PM EDT by Andreuha]
May I ask why a person from China (with no english skills) is asking about serving in the US military?

Sounds, uh, suspicious...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:12:56 PM EDT
"我不是第一个。
有许多喜欢M16的中国人来到这里,因为英语水平有限,而且他们都没有一支AR步枪,所以他们从来不发言。"

I ain't the first.
Have many like M16 of the Chinese arrive at here, English level is limited, and they all has no an AR rifle, so they speak never.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:10 PM EDT

wow imsurprised they allow this website in china. i heard they censor everything on the internet there
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Andreuha:
May I ask why a person from China (with no english skills) is asking about serving in the US military?

Yeah. like they can't find this stuff out any other way so they tap in to the vast intelligence network of ar15.com.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
because "Over There", you see?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:21:23 PM EDT

The T.V. show?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:21:59 PM EDT

the show 'over there' will teach you nothing about the US military. that show is a joke. and its one hollywood producers version of what its like "over there".
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:22:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAR-10:

China? Welcome. How did you make it to the free world past all of those filters?

Well he used jobrelatedstuff.com of course!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:22:29 PM EDT
by google, of course
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:23:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Barrelburner:

Well he used jobrelatedstuff.com of course!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:25:17 PM EDT by Hydguy]

"我不是第一个。

I ain't the first.
Have many like M16 of the Chinese arrive at here, English level is limited, and they all has no an AR rifle, so they speak never.

Norinco cannot export to the US due to some issues about technology misuse, so we will not get any of the AR-15's that they have made.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:24:08 PM EDT
承让,承让!:)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:25:04 PM EDT by Andreuha]

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

Originally Posted By Andreuha:

Yeah. like they can't find this stuff out any other way so they tap in to the vast intelligence network of ar15.com.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:24:45 PM EDT

by google, of course

So what else do you want to know?

Tell us a little about yourself.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:06 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:

wow imsurprised they allow this website in china. i heard they censor everything on the internet there

They only allow access to the general discussion forum, though - because no useful information is ever posted here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

"我不是第一个。

I ain't the first.

Norinco cannot export to the US due to some issues about technology misuse, so we will not get any of the AR-15's that they have made.

Yeah, but about 70% of the rest of the stuff in my house is made in China
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:27:10 PM EDT
"只有那些涉及政治的美国网站才会被政府屏蔽。"
Only those American websites that involve a politics would be shield by the government.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:28:13 PM EDT

The T.V. show?

Yes
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:29:02 PM EDT

"只有那些涉及政治的美国网站才会被政府屏蔽。"
Only those American websites that involve a politics would be shield by the government.

So we shouldn't say that communism sucks?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:29:43 PM EDT

"只有那些涉及政治的美国网站才会被政府屏蔽。"

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:32:54 PM EDT

the show 'over there' will teach you nothing about the US military. that show is a joke. and its one hollywood producers version of what its like "over there".

"对于那些从来没有到过美国的人,好莱坞所展示的就是美国。
对于那些不了解美国军队的人,“Over There”所展示的就是美国军队。"
For those persons who have never gone to the United States, what Hollywood display is the United States.
For those persons who do not understand American troops, what"the Over There" display is an American troops.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:33:54 PM EDT

The T.V. show?

Yes

That isnt what its like at all! Hey, can you get to this google stuff? Fun videos I took while over there: video.google.com/videosearch?q=Robert+Rusch&page=1&lv=0&so=0

Some neat video for your viewing, could you tell us how ya like China and what is your job and stuff? I would be interested to know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:34:00 PM EDT

For those persons who have never gone to the United States, what Hollywood display is the United States.
For those persons who do not understand American troops, what"the Over There" display is an American troops.

The Hollywood version of the United States is not like reality.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:35:05 PM EDT
So what are the laws on owning guns like in china?

Oh, and sorry about the whole "google china" thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:36:54 PM EDT

by google, of course

hock.gif

So what else do you want to know?

Tell us a little about yourself.

"我和你们基本上是一样,喜欢M16。
需要工作赚钱,养家活口。"
I am basically similar with you, liking M16.
Need to work to make money, support family to live.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:37:06 PM EDT

Man, no wonder people hate America. Hollywood is very very different from normal America, most of us really dont like how they potray us.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top