Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:36:21 PM EDT
Texas Town's Police Dept. Shut Down
Mar 04 6:19 AM US/Eastern

TROUP, Texas

The police chief and a sergeant in this eastern Texas town were arrested on drug and evidence tampering charges and the department shut down.

Police Chief Chester Kennedy was charged Friday with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. He was released from jail on a $400,000 bond.

Sgt. Mark Turner, last year's chamber of commerce Officer of the Year, was booked into Smith County Jail late Thursday on a misdemeanor delivery of marijuana charge and a third-degree felony charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.

Turner was being held on bonds totaling $500,000.

The department's equipment was seized by officers from other law- enforcement agencies.

Lt. Larry Wiginton of the Smith County Sheriff's Department told the Tyler Morning Telegraph that the arrests followed an eight-week investigation by the FBI, sheriff and the Smith County district attorney after Turner allegedly delivered marijuana.

The police department's three other officers were placed on paid leave.

www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/04/D8G4NFQ80.html

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Another victory on the war on drugs right?

A few more victories like this and we will be doing just fine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Cops have the best.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it was funny when the Super Troopers did it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTPA
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
HEE HEE COC occifer of the year. Wonder how much he made for the COC?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
did you get this from the BoTS forum?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
did you get this from the BoTS forum?

I got it from:

www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/04/D8G4NFQ80.html

Didn't show up on a search.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another victory on the war on drugs right?

A few more victories like this and we will be doing just fine.

the mj was misdemeanor, the tampering with evidence was a felony. This is a victory for the War on Evidence Tampering.  Maybe we should apply your WOD approach to  Evidence Teampering problem and just make Evidence Tampering legal
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Another victory on the war on drugs right? hinking.gif

A few more victories like this and we will be doing just fine. hr

So let me get this straight.  You are all for giving crooked police a pass as long as they were just dealing drugs?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow talk about missing the fucking point.

If drugs were not illegal this wouldnt have happened.

There is money to be made in the drug trade, lots of it, and some people will do lots of things for money.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow talk about missing the fucking point.

If drugs were not illegal this wouldnt have happened.

There is money to be made in the drug trade, lots of it, and some people will do lots of things for money.

\

I haven't missed any points.  What you seem to be ignoring is that a bad cop is a bad cop regardless of the offense committed.

Yeah,  I want my local school teachers selling weed too.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
The cop did something illegal. They should be arrested. If they owned some illegals machine guns, I would expect the same treatment. Both should be legal in my mind but unlikly to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top