Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 1:29:58 PM EDT
I'm wanting to order a 22 upper for my AR. Are there any out there that cycle with subsonic loads and a suppressor?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
^^
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This may get a better response in the AR-15 section.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine works well with standard velocity ammo (subsonic), but I don't think they are made anymore.

SRM
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mine works well with standard velocity ammo (subsonic), but I don't think they are made anymore.

SRM

I don't believe SV is subsonic.

They actually DO make sub sonic .22 ammo, though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It may not be advertised as subsonic, but the RWS Target I was shooting chronoed at 970 fps.  I think that is subsonic?

SRM
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It may not be advertised as subsonic, but the RWS Target I was shooting chronoed at 970 fps.  I think that is subsonic?

SRM

970 is so close, it might depend on atmospheric pressure, humidity, temperature, etc.

PLUS, how far away was the chrono, and how long was the barrel?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

970 is so close, it might depend on atmospheric pressure, humidity, temperature, etc.

PLUS, how far away was the chrono, and how long was the barrel?

IIRC temp is the big variable in the equation mentioned.  Chrono was 10 feet away, barrel was a 20 incher.

SRM
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top