Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 12:26:02 PM EDT

Intratec Tec-DC9

I bought it off the EE.  I could not resist. (thanks Chapperjoe)

Supposed to be a very inaccurate, very jam prone POS that just looks mean as heck.

Accuracy. I found that aiming carefully it is just about as accurate as a typical 9mm handgun.
So since it is classified as a 9mm handgun, I don't see why people say it is not accurate.  I wore out the middle of a target pretty darn fast. It's a handgun, not a rifle.

Jamming.  I fired about 100 rounds of WWB, I had 4 jams.  2 mags were flawless, 1 mag had 3 jams, and 1 mag had 1 jam. 2 jams were when I purposely limp wristed it.  All were fail to feed.  The bullet did not come out of the mag right.
So 4 jams out of 100 is bad, but I believe it to be a mag problem, and it requires more testing.

un-PC.  They don't get better than this.  Google Tec-9.  You will get many anti-gun sites.  They hate it, they fear it so much even though there are far more effective guns out there.  You want to piss anti's off?  Get a tec-9.  Heck, some people at the range even looked annoyed/afraid.

And this post would not be complete without the Schumer pic.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm pretty sure that the columbine retards used a tec-9 among other guns.  that would explain the hatred by the antis.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i'm pretty sure that the columbine retards used a tec-9 among other guns.  that would explain the hatred by the antis.

Yep.  The tec-9 and the hi-point carbine were the Columbine guns.

I now own both.  I did not get both on purpose.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny looking gun aint it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Actually, they hate it because it's a firearm and it's commercially available.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Schumer is holding that gun the wrong way.

For optimum results, it should be pointed in the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Schumer is holding that gun the wrong way.

For optimum results, it should be pointed in the opposite direction.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is suposed to be open-bolt full-auto.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
only had one because a relative in need wanted to dump it,,,,now I know why,,,what a POS FA 9 rds. other than that it's still a POS,,,,I rid myself of it Long ago and Thankfully
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would have been a KG-9

Then came a semi-only openbolt KG-99

Then 1st generation Tec-9 . . .

I had a 1st gen Tec-9

There was a pin in the KG-99 bolt that hit the disconnector - pin gone - didn't "disconnect" and that bolt just kept on going (until trigger released or mag empty...) This is why it is so hated - it was easier than a MAC to mod.

KG-99 bolt fit the 1st gen Tec-9 - BUT the upper was not cut to allow you to lock the bolt open ( ie: engage the safety )

Tec-9 (atleast the ones I've seen) still had the original trigger assembly design. Which is somewhat irrelevant, since the bolt config determines how this gun fires.

BTW with the long sight radius these guns are very accurrate in aimed fire. ( not a factor for gansta hip shooters )
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then came a semi-only openbolt KG-99

Then 1st generation Tec-9 . . .

I had a 1st gen Tec-9

There was a pin in the KG-99 bolt that hit the disconnector - pin gone - didn't "disconnect" and that bolt just kept on going (until trigger released or mag empty...) This is why it is so hated - it was easier than a MAC to mod.

KG-99 bolt fit the 1st gen Tec-9 - BUT the upper was not cut to allow you to lock the bolt open ( ie: engage the safety )

Tec-9 (atleast the ones I've seen) still had the original trigger assembly design. Which is somewhat irrelevant, since the bolt config determines how this gun fires.

BTW with the long sight radius these guns are very accurrate in aimed fire. ( not a factor for gansta hip shooters )

Are the open bolt semi-auto ones still around?  I know there are no new open bolt design gun allowed, but can you still buy the old ones?  I never see them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I've always wanted one of those. Can't tell you why. Just do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard a story about a cop that is still alive because a bad guy tried to shoot him with a tec-9.  He was pursuing the guy when he came around a corner and the BG was standing there pointing a tec-9 at him.  He froze.  The BG pulled the trigger and there was just a "click".  They later caught the guy and the firearm WAS loaded.

From what I understand, the dude never recovered from that incident and quit his job a couple years later.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Ill stick to my AR, H&K USP and the G21
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ill stick to my AR, H&K USP and the G21

Oh heck yeah.  I bought this thing for one thing only.  Fun.  I have no intention of it being used in defence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then came a semi-only openbolt KG-99...

Are the open bolt semi-auto ones still around?  I know there are no new open bolt design gun allowed, but can you still buy the old ones?  I never see them.

Sure they still exist, not sure how many cuz back then it wasn't a "cool" in demand type gun. With luck you might find one where the owner isn't to attached to it.  It would be an OK SHTF backup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top