Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:37:00 AM EDT
They just gave me more than a grand back. Apparently if you're a vet and maintain good grades, they refund you all of your tuition. GIBill money plus this little surprise makes me pretty happy.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:31 PM EDT
Sweet! I found the GI Bill to be very profitable. Good to see it's working out so well for you!

-K
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:31:28 PM EDT
I will never use my GI bill, I wish I could get my $1200 cash back from what I put into it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
Because I kept a 3.0 GPA in highschool and got above a 1000 on the SAT, I get 75% tuition for free if I go to an instate college(which I am going to).

My parents also did the Florida prepaid program, where they put money into a fund(which for me started in the 90's) and the year my parents opened the account, thats how much I pay a year in tuition, which my parents over the years paid for. So my tuition is paid by that, then I get 75% of that direct deposited into my bank account each semester. I used it for food and rent.

I love Florida!

I still needed more money to pay for houseing, so I worked a part time job junior year in highschool, and 2 part time jobs senior year, and another once I moved to school.
Top Top