Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like ya got a small penis in your mouth in the 2nd pic...

I bet it hurts like hell.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

very first thing that i thought
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
ouch.  i wish you a speedy recovery, and enjoy the happy pills
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

very first thing that i thought

So did I.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You're doing great, when I had mine done I couldn't open my mouth nearly as far as you and I sure as shit wasn't in any mood to snap a picture.

all those kinda brown patches are where they cauterized you. In about 4 days those nerve endings are gonna come alive and ohhh boy it's gonna hurt. But like I said before, you should feel like a new man in a few months.

Until then, you have my sympathies brother - it ain't no fun.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that takes away your ability to hock a loogie.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard that takes away your ability to hock a loogie.

Not true - he just won't be able to make piggy noises anymore
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not like that.  Just my finger.  I didn't have a tongue depresser.

Never said you were. Just what it looked like.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not like that.  Just my finger.  I didn't have a tongue depresser.

Never said you were. Just what it looked like.

It does have that look.    damnit.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]
That there is some photochop material!

You have a Super Trooper stach!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I had the same surgery to help my sleep apnea(it did'nt). I was told to eat regular food ASAP, no "soft" foods. That was to prevent a large smooth scab from forming. Learning to swallow liquids again was interesting to say the least.The pain went away in about a week.I had some syrupy medicine to drink that was heavy in codiene(sp?).That was some good stuff.

Was your surgery for sleep apnea? Did it work? I got my sleep apnea under control by losing 80 lbs. Feel better all around now.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I feel for you. I had it done about 3 years ago and according to what I have heard its one of the most painfull surgeries you can have. I stayed overnite for pain control of IV morphine and over the next week went thru about 4 bottles of liquid lortab.  They did my nose while I was out and now I sleep better.
Funny thing is it took a while to get used to the way it felt and to this day if Im outside mowing grass or something and get a bit of dust or such caught where my uvula was I have to get a drink of water immediatly or I get a choking feeling. Doesnt happen very often and I dont regret doing it but it was a week of hell.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#18]
My sister just had that done and said it hurt like hell
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#19]
SLEEP APNEA  whats this surgery called, where can you get it, how much does it cost, how bads the pain, and how soon can i get this surgery?

im a diagnosed insomniac with diagnosed sleep apnea,  Man it sucks so god damn bad

im 17, not obese, a smidge ov er weight (210, 6'4") half decent build

tryin to lose weight now to get it under control

if anyone has any info about surgerys can they please IM me with them?  thanks very much
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had the same surgery to help my sleep apnea(it did'nt). I was told to eat regular food ASAP, no "soft" foods. That was to prevent a large smooth scab from forming. Learning to swallow liquids again was interesting to say the least.The pain went away in about a week.I had some syrupy medicine to drink that was heavy in codiene(sp?).That was some good stuff.

Was your surgery for sleep apnea? Did it work? I got my sleep apnea under control by losing 80 lbs. Feel better all around now.

Very little apnea, just for my snoring.  I still snore a little but it will probably go away after the swelling goes down.  I was told to just eat what I can.  A little liquid does get stuck but only sometimes and it should go away also.  The stitches and the scabs in my nasal cavity are the most bothersome things now.  Oh and burping hurts.  I'm already on pill loratab.  In fact it is time for two of them.

Medication Time, Medication Time

I forgot all about the burping and difficulty swallowing. It gets better. You sound like you're doing better than I was. My doc had me on oxycotin - that stuff knocked me for a loop - didn't like it at all. They put me on perkaset later, much better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
SLEEP APNEA  whats this surgery called, where can you get it, how much does it cost, how bads the pain, and how soon can i get this surgery?

im a diagnosed insomniac with diagnosed sleep apnea,  Man it sucks so god damn bad

im 17, not obese, a smidge ov er weight (210, 6'4") half decent build

tryin to lose weight now to get it under control

if anyone has any info about surgerys can they please IM me with them?  thanks very much

I have a CPAP, I hate it...but I cant sleep with out it, you should go in for a sleep study, it will answer a lot of questions for you
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont even know why I clicked this fucking thread  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#23]
4 sleep studies, 2 with cpap,  i have a cpap, and i can not sleep with it on, unless helped by ambien for the insomnia, but they took me off ambien

But, im not a heavy drinker, maybe about 4 a month, but 2 beers make me tired, but if i drink more than 4, im wide awake

no southern comfort  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#25]
My turbinators are ALL fucked up, but I have been resisting going in because I heard it's painful as hell.  Nothing too serious, but I do have problems breathing at all from my right nostril.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Shouldn't those pictures be in the members forum and tagged DPOTD (disgusting picture of the day)?

And what on God's green earth is a turbinator?  Does everybody have 'em?  Could they be the cause of my rhinitis?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And what on God's green earth is a turbinator?  

Is that a ROP assassin?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Kind of like a permanent booger?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#31]
You're in my prayers.  God, that's awful.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what on God's green earth is a turbinator?  

Is that a ROP assassin?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top