Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:44:52 PM EDT
...they sent money Western Union on a Ebay car deal....overseas.....

Ok, they sent the money out this AM and called me this afternoon about their wonderful deal.  

...anyway...

I told them to drop what they are doing and get that payment stopped any fucking way possible!

Anybody have any tips on dealing with Western Union, or at least a way to fuck with these shitbags that took adavntage of no-so-smart-well-meaning folks?

I feel so bad for my folks as they are the most decent folks on the planet. I don't have the heart to tell them that these predators  manipulated them into feeling safe. My mom forwarded me the emails and it is makes your stomach drop.

GOD DAMMIT!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If they have not collected it yet, you can stop it.

If they have... well, it is gone.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Where overseas?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
This one is not going to have a happy ending.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the UK.

As soon as she told me that I told her to stop payment  now. Told her to call aWestern Union right then and stop payment.

It's old hat to me. I can see these bastards a mile away. If they only called me first!

Dammit Dammit Dammit!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
did they get that new Nigerian super car that I've been hearing so much about?  The governor drives one, I think it's called the Clique Mob, its alluringly French sounding.  Hopefully it wasn't over a few grand.  If you get a name and a country for me, I'll kick their ass when I am in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
$ 4,500.00

I hope the fuckers choke on it.

Mods, can I post the scammers e-mail?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
While you're at it warn them about thie- just got one today.

Email from "Ebay". Someone overseas has tried to access my Ebay account from a foreign location. I need to click on the link in the email, which I do so I can verify my Ebay user id and password (I have neither). The webpage looks official, only in the Url you see ip address. If they send out a million of these things and 1% respond.........
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Just post the text and leave out the pertinent info.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
did they get that new Nigerian super car that I've been hearing so much about?  The governor drives one, I think it's called the Clique Mob, its alluringly French sounding.  Hopefully it wasn't over a few grand.  If you get a name and a country for me, I'll kick their ass when I am in the neighborhood.

No, they got scammed on the ebay "second chance offer scam". The one were your contacted about how you are the lucky winner because the original winner can't pay bullshit. My folks are not net savvy, so they fell into hook line and sinker.

The price of the car is average for what the amount they were taken for.

They sent the money out this AM and I know the money has already been collected. I have a strong feeling they are pissing in the wind.

"Transfer the money and will check on it in the morning." Hell, those fuckers were spending it 8 hours ago.

Jesus this sucks!  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow.  Just wow.  You don't have to be tech savvy to see that one coming.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, for your viewing pleasure.

>Reply-To: Shitbag
>To: Victim
>Subject: Re: ebay auction
>Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:54:09 -0800 (PST)
>
>What i want to ask you , when you send the money please don't declare the money for goods or any kind of transactions because is a new UK government policy regarding money laundering and it's possible to don't let you send the money or to block the transfer if you declare the money for goods or transactions, so it's better to declare the money as for a relative or friend. I  don't think that you will have problems but anyway is better to inform you about all of these.
>
>Thanks
>
>P.S. If you look over the first invoice the one with the instruction for payment you will see that eBay mentioned to declare that too ...
>
>
>
>----- Original Message ----
>From: Victim
>To: Shitbag
>Sent: Friday, March 3, 2006 2:37:22 PM
>Subject: Re: ebay auction
>
>
>I see from ebay square trader your email is listed under the seller. I plan
>to visit my bank and then western union.
>
>
>
> >From: Shitbag
> >Reply-To: Shitbag
> >To: Victim
> >Subject: Re: ebay auction
> >Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:13:14 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >Any fresh news ?
> >Did you received the invoices ...and if so what's your next move .
> >I need to know .
> >
> >Thank You for your interest !!!
> >
> >
> >----- Original Message ----
> >From: Victim
> >To: Shitbag
> >Sent: Friday, March 3, 2006 11:11:47 AM
> >Subject: re: ebay auction
> >
> >
> >response to item #4616822546
> >Bid $4500
> >ebay id: Victim

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Your folks just learned a very expensive lesson.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I would hope staff will agree to let you post contact info.

Maybe some of our members in the UK could help track these guys down ... you said that's where the money was sent?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would hope staff will agree to let you post contact info.

Maybe some of our members in the UK could help track these guys down ... you said that's where the money was sent?

Yes, the UK.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Exactly, don't you just want to take a pickaxe to the face of mother fuckers who do shit like this?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#20]
btt
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, don't you just want to take a pickaxe to the face of mother fuckers who do shit like this?

I used the angry face instead of getting banned for what I wanted to say.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Damn bro, I am so terribly sorry!  Fucking scumbag theives should be shot - almost all of their victims are neive older people who are not 'Net savvy, and that is exactly who they target.  

Have they heard back from WU yet?  

Please, tell your parents to be extremely careful!  If it sounds like the price is just too good, then that is exactly what it is!  Too good to be true.

Keep us updated man, OK?  Here's a special prayer right now that your parents get all their money back and WU can cancel the transaction.

This just SUCKS.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
So you're saying it's o.k. to kill a human being scumbag for stealing. Riyadh called they want their executioner back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So you're saying it's o.k. to kill a human being scumbag for stealing.

I think we could let just this one slip through.

Or at least gouge out his eys and cut off his fingers so he can't use a PC to do these things anymore.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So you're saying it's o.k. to kill a human being scumbag for stealing. Riyadh called they want their executioner back.

your right.  killing would be too extreme.  i say they should be hung out in the streets on a post and let people beat on them untill they are "almost dead".  then they should be healed back up and hung out again.  repeat until they die of natural causes.

would that make you happy?  

ETA:  i really hope they get there money back and the crooks get caught.  of course,  nothing will be done to them,  so i hope they piss off the wrong person and just go "missing".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Update:

Folks= +1  /  Bad Guy = 0

After my last post the folks called to tell me they were currently speaking with the Western Union rep again after holding for some time, disconnects, and being routed down the wrong path. My dad tells me over the land line, "Thumbs-up" your mom just confirmed payment was stopped!  Yeah!  
  It turns out mom sent the money only just a few hours ago, opposed to her earlier statement of this morning. I do think she was talking in reference to when the e-mails began.

It get's better...

All this is playing out while I'm trying to be polite and explain to him how they were taken. Moms is in the background completing a verbal fraud complaint with WU....dad is telling me how he is going to buy a ticket and fly over and beat the shit out of this guy! South Dakota woop ass time!

Mom hangs up on the cell and no more than 5 minutes go by and "ring-ring"...the mother fucking scammer called from the UK. Wants to know why they canceled the Western Union payment.
 My dad had answered it and went off on him like I've never heard before.  Tore him a new one like I have never witnessed before. Never.
 Turns out the guy had a Middle Eastern tone to his voice (strange for a guy named Paul?)and was threatening to leave negative feeedback Dad says, " Come get your money, it's right here."  

I told my folks they were minutes away from loosing their money, as this guy was probably hanging out at the WU over there just counting down the time. Either that, or monitoring the status of the payment online, and waiting to skip on down for payday.

Fook Yeah!

.....and even better

I have sent the guy an e-mail seeking to buy a car! And the guy has responded! It's on!  

Thanks for all the replies, and yes they both received a crash course in buying crap online. Don't do it!Call me first!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
[burns] EXCELLENT! [/burns]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#29]
i'm glad it turned out ok for them Mudflapper.

have some fun with these guys now.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Get a phot of him with a bucket on his head...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Fantastic!  Right on good guys!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I said they should be shot.  I didn't say where.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Good news.

This really calls for an arfcom UK fire mission. Using bars of soap inside tube socks ...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad to hear it.  Hope your folks got a good teaching from the youngster.  

Keep us up-to-date on your new auction
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Update:

I have sent the guy an e-mail seeking to buy a car! And the guy has responded! It's on!  

OHHHH...... Need e-mail so I can get in a bidding war on it with you..........
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
What's his ebay username?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Well,

I have never done a reverse phish before, so I have not responded yet.

Any ideas?

Muuwhahahah!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
How about that ebay user name????????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Well,

Any ideas?

Muuwhahahah!

http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Good job getting it cancelled.  Not to rub salt in the wound, but buying a car from the UK and having it delivered into the US is not something that gets done easily anyway.

This story reminds me of the saga of the p-p-p-ppowerbook

www.p-p-p-powerbook.com/files/thepowerbook.pdf (pdf file)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well,

Any ideas?

Muuwhahahah!

The great justice (and for your parents) teach this motherfucker  not to even try to fuck another person out of their money.

As for ideas, a hot poking iron, hard boots, and a tire iron.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
How about that ebay user name????????

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Tagging for posting of the asshat's eBay id.....

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
As for ideas, a hot poking iron, hard boots, a a tire iron.

I always figured if I was going to torture someone, I'd bind them up, pulp fiction style over a barrel.

Then I'd bend one of these things out so it's long and narrow, lube it up and slide it up the ass:

Wire that baby up to a dimmer switch and let the games begin.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Enough of this , post it already!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad to hear your parents got their money back.

You guys have to read this if you found this thread interesting.  It's a little old, so alot of you have probably seen it.

One of the funniest things I've read, ever.  Deals with a forum of people fucking over a similar eBay scammer, but WAY better.

The Powerbook prank...

www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html

Enjoy :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Enough of this , post it already!

the dude is probably asleep

Go take a nap or something.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Tag for Info..

At least tell us what kind of car it was
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top