Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:53:32 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Although the "Master Chief" in the picture needs to roll those sleeves up a little bit better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just blue fashion-BDUs.

Why not stay with utilities, summer whites, and winter tans?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Optional NO-SHINE boot???
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think that those are the ones they decided on. Most sites are showing a digital pattern.

I don't get what the purpose of blue camo is. Are they supposed to be hidden on the ships? In the water?

It just seems kind of strange to me. I do think the idea of a more practical uniform for working is a great idea if that's what this is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in the Navy, it's okay.  If you fall overboard with that uniform good luck being seen by the Search and Rescue crew.

Max
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Although the "Master Chief" in the picture needs to roll those sleeves up a little bit better.

They always look like shit when you roll them that way.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
These are the rejected ones.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
CNO has announced his decision as of yesterday.

They will be the predominately blue digital pattern BDUs to replace the prison uniforms and the wash khakis.
There will be no suede allowed for shipboard use, shore duty OK.
There will also be a desert and a woodland/jungle pattern for those who require it. Think NAVPAT.
The blouses will not have the bottom two pockets as they tend to get hung up on things aboard ship. It also makes it easier to tuck the blouse in for firefighting.
No word on command ballcaps with them, but I suspect it will be authorized.

The Navy also got rid of the summer whites and Johnny Cash's for the enlisted folks and replaced them with a single uniform. A khaki blouse and black trousers. Sorry USMC, it does look like we copied you, but it's good for our folks.

The CNO also eliminated all tropical uniforms. That's OK not many people actually used them. Although, I'm picking up a pith helmet for old time's sake.

There is talk, from the CNO's email to flag officers, of bringing back Service Dress Khakis. I hope that is the next move.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was in the Navy, it's okay.  If you fall overboard with that uniform good luck being seen by the Search and Rescue crew.

Max

Considering only your shoulders and up will actually be out of the water, you're screwed unless there is one hell of a SAR effort or someone sees you go in.

We lost two sailors off of Norfolk where people saw them go in, while they were wearing the blue coveralls.

Unless there is some reflective strips, you're screwed pretty much no matter what you wear.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the "tactical pocket option." The Navy has for too long operated in strict accordance with strategic pocket  doctrine. You can bet your ass the Chinese were poised to exploit that bit of ossified thinking. This, however, will send them back to their little red drawing boards!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like the "tactical pocket option." The Navy has for too long operated in strict accordance with strategic pocket  doctrine. You can bet your ass the Chinese were poised to exploit that bit of ossified thinking. This, however, will send them back to their little red drawing boards!

My bet is the tactical pocket option will be exercised by EOD SEAL/SWCC with the desert and woodland patterns.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Navy also got rid of the summer whites and Johnny Cash's for the enlisted folks and replaced them with a single uniform. A khaki blouse and black trousers. Sorry USMC, it does look like we copied you, but it's good for our folks.

Are you serious? What kind of shit is that?

I can understand ditching the whites, but the black uniform didn't look all that bad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can understand ditching the whites, but the black uniform didn't look all that bad.

I think the black uniforms were the best.
Looked very badass, I must admit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
waste of money, not necessary
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever wear it? It sucked.

Difficult to keep clean. God help you if you have a cat. And the uniform had to be year-round capable. Black doesn't cut it.

Long overdue IMO.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#18]
My understanding is that the uniform is different colors not for camo but so that paint sploches on e-3 and below wont make the uniform unserviceable.

Naval 8 Block the damn cover.

With My Marine Corps being just a bit busy these days the navy is picking up it's own near shore security duty.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
waste of money, not necessary

While I'm not excited about the blue digital cammies, I think the rest of the moves were smart. Digital cammies for woodland and desert made sense. We'll stand out less when working with Marines.

This also simplifies the sea bag and will save money over the long haul.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Dport, what's going to be the cover for the new working uniform?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever wear it? It sucked.

Difficult to keep clean. God help you if you have a cat. And the uniform had to be year-round capable. Black doesn't cut it.

Long overdue IMO.

Never wore it, just thought it looked good.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The message said 8-point, but the official regs are not out yet. I'm 90% sure command ballcaps will be authorized. Well at least, I'm willing to bet they will be on the ships.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The message said 8-point, but the official regs are not out yet. I'm 90% sure command ballcaps will be authorized. Well at least, I'm willing to bet they will be on the ships.

Really? By "working" I'm refering to the khaki/black uniform that is going to replace the working whites and blues.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The CNO also eliminated all tropical uniforms. That's OK not many people actually used them. Although, I'm picking up a pith helmet for old time's sake.

There is talk, from the CNO's email to flag officers, of bringing back Service Dress Khakis. I hope that is the next move.

Damn that's all we wore during the summer on liberty was tropical whites. I remeber going into Dago in trop whites.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pics of the new camo:

www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=32392

www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_051101-N-2410F-001.jpg

Try this……note the retroflective bands on the sleeves dport

i2.tinypic.com/qob0oh.jpg

ANdy

Is that Gavin MacCleod?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Poking fun at my Navy Brothers.

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want you as a new recruit
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't think that those are the ones they decided on. Most sites are showing a digital pattern.

I don't get what the purpose of blue camo is. Are they supposed to be hidden on the ships? In the water?

It just seems kind of strange to me. I do think the idea of a more practical uniform for working is a great idea if that's what this is.

I agree.  This is a waste of tax dollars for these Faggy Baggies.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? By "working" I'm refering to the khaki/black uniform that is going to replace the working whites and blues.

I misunderstood. For that uniform it will be a garrison cap.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn that's all we wore during the summer on liberty was tropical whites. I remeber going into Dago in trop whites.

Actually, take a look at the tropical uniforms on the NPC website. I'm talking about the ones with shorts and and the jungle helmet.

I have a feeling you're talking about the summer whites, also gone in favor of the new working uniform.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Try this……note the retroflective bands on the sleeves dport

i2.tinypic.com/qob0oh.jpg

ANdy

I liked the idea the Aussies have with the gray coveralls with the reflective bands sewn in.

I like that jacket as well. I'm going to have to throw that around a few professional websites where I know senior leadership lurk and see if I can't drum up some support.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#36]
looks like crap to me
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

i2.tinypic.com/qobrz6.jpg " data-featherlight="image" target="_blank"> i2.tinypic.com/qobrz6.jpg " />

Are they making chili? Since I seem unable to quote the photo, I refer to the Brit EMs in the top photo.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Max

I'm a helicopter pilot.  Good luck being seen unless you are wearing blaze orange or are smart enough to remember to splash water with your arms.  That will get you seen no matter what you are wearing.

Do you tell people in the Army/Marines good luck being seen if you are knocked unconscious in the woods?  How often did somebody go overboard on your ship anyway?

I have 4 years of sea time on 5 or 6 different ships and haven't ever had a real MOB.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#40]
It's a hell of a lot better than the moronic uniforms the squids wear now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Optional NO-SHINE boot???

Just like the Army and Marines.  Shining working uniform boots is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head.

Interestingly, the support for these uniforms fall along paygrade lines. E-7 and above don't like them. E-6 and below do. If you look at it E-7 and above wear wash khakis and E-6 and below the prison uniforms. Gee, I wonder why they're interested in a new uni.

Something else I keep hearing from the kids, and I talk to a bunch right out of A school. They want to be military and they were actually disappointed upon learning in boot camp that they wouldn't be wearing a "military type" uniform.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Will US NAVY SEALS be wearing this? That would change the very definition of uber-tactikool-aid.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok, i gotta say WTF!! That shit is but ass ugly. Someone tell me one reason why the Navy needs friggin camouflage uniforms? The standard coveralls work fine. They want uniforms that blend it, make then all Haze friggin Gray. Thats just the stupidest shit i've seen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Will US NAVY SEALS be wearing this? That would change the very definition of uber-tactikool-aid.

Perhaps you missed my post where I said there will be digital woodland and desert uniforms as well?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interestingly, the support for these uniforms fall along paygrade lines. E-7 and above don't like them. E-6 and below do. If you look at it E-7 and above wear wash khakis and E-6 and below the prison uniforms. Gee, I wonder why they're interested in a new uni.

Something else I keep hearing from the kids, and I talk to a bunch right out of A school. They want to be military and they were actually disappointed upon learning in boot camp that they wouldn't be wearing a "military type" uniform.

I think they're great.  So does the CO of ATGLANT (at least he was the CO last time I talked to him at the NSA Norfolk exchange).  I think that the reason there may be some resistance among the more senior folks is for the same reason you see here - the "what are you camoing from in blue?" crowd.  Mostly populated by folks who have never done much painting aboard ship or had other occasion to get dirty.

Pockets are great unless you are working on aircraft.  One working uniform for sea and shore is fantastic.  Very very long overdue.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Very nice, It has that new 21st Century look.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pics of the new camo:

www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=32392

www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_051101-N-2410F-001.jpg

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they're great.  So does the CO of ATGLANT (at least he was the CO last time I talked to him at the NSA Norfolk exchange).  I think that the reason there may be some resistance among the more senior folks is for the same reason you see here - the "what are you camoing from in blue?" crowd.  Mostly populated by folks who have never done much painting aboard ship or had other occasion to get dirty.

Pockets are great unless you are working on aircraft.  One working uniform for sea and shore is fantastic.  Very very long overdue.

I got to talk to a GMCS over at ATGLANT who was wear testing them. I'm not sure exactly which combination he liked, but he had very positive things to say about it, and the foul weather jacket is supposed to be very warm and very water resistant.  

I don't like the pattern necessarily, but I agree it is long overdue.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps you missed my post where I said there will be digital woodland and desert uniforms as well?

I did not miss it, why?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top