BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If an auto loading pistol fails to fire, you tap on the magazine, rotate the ejection port down and rack, then back on target.  I've never seen anyone or been taught to use the external hammer to do diagnostics.  Tap, roll and rack are all gross motor functions with positive feedback, with practice it's very fast, cocking the hammer to fire again seems like a bad idea.

In a pistol with an external hammer, your simply pull the trigger back a second time. A perfect example of this occured on "Shooting Gallery"

On this particular episode a Beretta shooter had a Beretta Vertec that failed to fire. He simply pulled the trigger again and he was back on track. Glock would have required the tap rack drill, costing valuable time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The slide on an Hk USP starts out as a 9 lb block of steel, then it is carved into a slide. The barrel is cold-steel hammer forged around an octagonal mandrel. The .45 USP will handle over 20k rounds of .45 Super with NO measurable wear effect, proven. That same test cracked the frame on a standard 1911 after only 50 rounds. Try it in a Glock, but call for an ambulance before you do so that they can already be on the way to take you and what's left of your strong hand to the hospital. Match grade trigger sets for Hk can also be had to replace the "war triggers' that come standard in Hks.

The Hk detractors in this thread have either never shot an Hk or have Hk envy because they can't afford one. And anyone who tries to compare a piece of shi'ite Glock to an Hk can blow it out their ass because that is exactly where they are pulling their information from...Period.

Ain't that the truth? Immature and sad, but it is true that they do this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss my H&K USP. Wonderful gun, loved it while i had it. Now i wish i could afford another. lol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The slide on an Hk USP starts out as a 9 lb block of steel, then it is carved into a slide. The barrel is cold-steel hammer forged around an octagonal mandrel. The .45 USP will handle over 20k rounds of .45 Super with NO measurable wear effect, proven. That same test cracked the frame on a standard 1911 after only 50 rounds. Try it in a Glock, but call for an ambulance before you do so that they can already be on the way to take you and what's left of your strong hand to the hospital. Match grade trigger sets for Hk can also be had to replace the "war triggers' that come standard in Hks.

The Hk detractors in this thread have either never shot an Hk or have Hk envy because they can't afford one. And anyone who tries to compare a piece of shi'ite Glock to an Hk can blow it out their ass because that is exactly where they are pulling their information from...Period.

Ain't that the truth? Immature and sad, but it is true that they do this.

Well guys, I've got an HK USP 45 and two Glock 17s.  that's it for handguns though I have owned and shot others.  Liked the Glock so much I bought another. I've had the USP for about 6-7 years and Have probably only a few hundred rounds thru it.  One of my Glocks is probably over 10K.  My son managed to get the newer Glock out of my hands.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If an auto loading pistol fails to fire, you tap on the magazine, rotate the ejection port down and rack, then back on target.  I've never seen anyone or been taught to use the external hammer to do diagnostics.  Tap, roll and rack are all gross motor functions with positive feedback, with practice it's very fast, cocking the hammer to fire again seems like a bad idea.

In a pistol with an external hammer, your simply pull the trigger back a second time. A perfect example of this occured on "Shooting Gallery"

On this particular episode a Beretta shooter had a Beretta Vertec that failed to fire. He simply pulled the trigger again and he was back on track. Glock would have required the tap rack drill, costing valuable time.

Ok that make sense now  Still, competition shooting and combat shooting are different, in combat it would have been far more positive to do the tap roll rack drill, you could pull the trigger again and it still may not fire, with the tap roll rack drill the round in question is ejected, no guessing
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got rid of a USP .40.

I bought it expecting a plastic 1911 with high capacity, so I could carry cocked and locked. The safety didn't go where it belonged and the trigger sucked, with what seemed like a wandering break to it. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe what I felt. The decocker liked to tie up the gun during recoil, due to my high thumbs grip.

I sold it and used the money to buy a Glock 17 that is very nice. It is not a 1911 either, but I knew that BEFORE I bought this one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#7]
A USPf 9mm has replaced the P226 as my favorite handgun. *shrug*

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
My very first pistol was USC .40C.  It was the ONLY gun that I have ever sold.

Cheezy plastic parts in the frame and a crappy trigger.  Not worth the premium price.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top