Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 12:42:41 PM EDT by TomF32]
here is a pic of the Navy's new service uniform

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:54:34 AM EDT
I like it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 11:57:24 AM EDT by DOW]
That is seriously retarded. Are they trying to blend in with the water? WTF?

ETA
Somebody tell Lt. Commander Cupcake to square away her cover, for the love of God.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:58 AM EDT
Anything is better than the dungarees.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:56:18 AM EDT
I'm not sure I understand why most Sailors would need camoflauge uniforms.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:57:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterFister:

roger that! the cracker jack uniforms always made me laugh
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:57:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DOW:
That is seriously retarded. Are they trying to blend in with the water? WTF?

+1

I think they just want an excuse to look like the rest of the military.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:00:15 PM EDT
That looks silly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:01:07 PM EDT
Never wear busy with busy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:03:45 PM EDT
looks a lot like the new Air Force uniform. The AF one is more gray than that tho. They got some seriously retarded looking people to model it too.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
Actually the thought behind it was really simple. The old uniforms got shit nasty quick, from rust, oil dirt, poop, what have you. The service uniform is to hide stains.

No I am serious. They are only trying to camo up stains. The navy still intends to issue marpat in the AOI when they get off the boat.

I would have thought that a black uniform for working in the boat was useful...

- G
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:04:47 PM EDT
Wouldn’t a bright orange or yellow make more sense? Easier to find sailors lost overboard or unconscious in smoke filled corridors…

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:09:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thuban:
Wouldn’t a bright orange or yellow make more sense? Easier to find sailors lost overboard or unconscious in smoke filled corridors…

Yeah, but after two weeks of staring at eachother in yellow or orange, it's be mutiny.
Probably pretty practical ...

...except for the gay-assed covers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:10:09 PM EDT
That is one ugly airperson
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:10:16 PM EDT
Why do all the uniforms for the military(with the exception of MARPAT) blend in with absolutely nothing?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Why do all the uniforms for the military(with the exception of MARPAT) blend in with absolutely nothing?

that's what gets me! the argument is "it's a garrison uniform" but the first lesson that I learned from an NCO was this: if your commander wants you in BDU's it's because there is a chance of being attacked. every service has utility uniforms other than BDU's, but BDU's make a good utility uniform that you can wear in combat.

that said, your BDU's should alway be combat ready. I dont mean face paint and ghuille hat, but i mean that if SHTF you aren't running trying to find a change of clothes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:17:21 PM EDT
I like it.... except for the covers. Looks like HYVATs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:21:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gary_631:
I like it.

+1!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 12:25:51 PM EDT by SmilingBandit]

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

that's what gets me! the argument is "it's a garrison uniform" but the first lesson that I learned from an NCO was this: if your commander wants you in BDU's it's because there is a chance of being attacked. every service has utility uniforms other than BDU's, but BDU's make a good utility uniform that you can wear in combat.

that said, your BDU's should alway be combat ready. I dont mean face paint and ghuille hat, but i mean that if SHTF you aren't running trying to find a change of clothes.

Instead I'd be running looking for a weapon (other than a wrench).

And if you could find me what the Air Force utility uniform other than BDUs looks like I'd appreciate it.

The only ones I can think of are the coveralls, and they aren't to be worn outside of the workcenter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:23:57 PM EDT
This whole idea of different utility uniforms for all branches is ridiculous.

I understand different dress uniforms, but all BDUs should be the same to save MY tax money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:25:20 PM EDT
have the marines use the MARPAT with the EGA and the navy with none. army and airforce use the acu. that seems like it would be alot easier.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:28:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HillBillySniper:
have the marines use the MARPAT with the EGA and the navy with none. army and airforce use the acu. that seems like it would be alot easier.

Can't do that. The ACU has too many patches. The Chief of Staff of the Air Force doesn't want us looking like a NASCAR team.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:30:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

And if you could find me what the Air Force utility uniform other than BDUs looks like I'd appreciate it.

The only ones I can think of are the coveralls, and they aren't to be worn outside of the workcenter.

I was thinking of the coveralls. I know they're restricted to the workcenter, but it'd be a lot easier to just lift that restriction than to buy all new uniforms. My point remains: there should be no such thing as a "garrison uniform" that is different from your "combat uniform" Your garrison uniform is your blues.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gazukull:
Actually the thought behind it was really simple. The old uniforms got shit nasty quick, from rust, oil dirt, poop, what have you. The service uniform is to hide stains.

- G

Go ahead and wear black in the tropics, no thank you, that shit would get hot real fast.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:33:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I was thinking of the coveralls. I know they're restricted to the workcenter, but it'd be a lot easier to just lift that restriction than to buy all new uniforms. My point remains: there should be no such thing as a "garrison uniform" that is different from your "combat uniform" Your garrison uniform is your blues.

You've never worked on a plane too much, have ya'?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:33:50 PM EDT
whats up with lack of pockets on the af uniform? or do they have some like the acu's that are just kind of hard to see?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:40:08 PM EDT

Have you served in the Navy? Do you understand the purpose of bell bottom pants?

The purpose of bell bottom pants was you can remove them with your shoes/ boots on, tie knots in the legs, and fill them with air to help you float in the water if you went over the side for any reason. You turn your pants into big "water wings".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:42:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rickdawggg:

roger that! the cracker jack uniforms always made me laugh

Cracker Jacks are a dress uniform, Does the USMC dress uniform make you laugh too? How about the US Army dress blues?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:54:58 PM EDT
actualy only the navy ones make me laugh....those silly squids there like the carnies of the high seas.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:55:54 PM EDT

You need to look at pictures of ACUs over in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:57:09 PM EDT
Damn, these new uniforms are hideous!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 1:00:22 PM EDT by Stlkid]
Im surpised at how many jump on camo just because it looks bad. Camo isnt ment to be fashonable its just suppose to make you harder to see. But sometimes it just comes out looking cool, and these arent one of those times. Now if it turns out that it doesnt work worth shit, then I will agree with you
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:00:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stlkid:
Im surpised at how many jump on camo just because it looks bad...

You are unfamiliar with the Arfcom Fashion Police, I see.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:07:12 PM EDT

actualy only the navy ones make me laugh....those silly squids there like the carnies of the high seas.

Stolen.
Check my sig line.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:08:28 PM EDT
I like them and can't wait. Beats the hell out of utilities.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:08:44 PM EDT

Circus people..... smell like cabbage
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:14:04 PM EDT
They really seem to be going for the rotten zombie fleshtones...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:57:23 PM EDT
I think the whole current craze of every branch redesigning new uniforms is stupid.

Hopefully in another 5-10 years people will come to thier senses and we can get some more uniformity back into the system.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:32:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:

- G

Go ahead and wear black in the tropics, no thank you, that shit would get hot real fast.

Funny I didn't think that it would matter what you were wearing when you are sitting next to a reactor...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:33:30 PM EDT

Funny I didn't think that it would matter what you were wearing when you are sitting next to a reactor...

it all glows when you're done anyway
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:36:20 PM EDT
Do they still sew their names above their rear pocket? I dont wanna confuse who Im fucking.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:00:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TomF32:
here is a pic of the Navy's new service uniform

www.navy.mil/management/photodb/thumbnails/thumb_051101-N-2410F-001.jpg

The thought of snipes in the engineering spaces aboard ship wearing this uniform doesn't make sense. Not like it has too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:14:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:

Have you served in the Navy? Do you understand the purpose of bell bottom pants?

The purpose of bell bottom pants was you can remove them with your shoes/ boots on, tie knots in the legs, and fill them with air to help you float in the water if you went over the side for any reason. You turn your pants into big "water wings".

Hate to tell you this, but there was a Marine about 10 years ago that did the same with BDU pants when he fell off the carrier. Managed to float until some Pakis picked him up. Our boarding teams must be able to do the same with BDUs.

Oh, and dungarees have been out for almost 10 years. The utilities, which look similar but wear better, do not have bell bottoms.

One more thing, the most common uniform underway is coveralls. No chance in getting them off quickly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:18:24 PM EDT
Since people aren't looking at the actual message or the email from the CNO, I'll sum it up.

The BDUs come in three colors, blue, desert and woodland. So you can see what the SeaBees, EOD, divers, SEALs and SWCC, etc, will be using.

These are meant to replace the utilities(the replacement for dungarees) and wash khakis. Coveralls are still authorized for "dirty work." The really funny thing is the coveralls weren't authorized in engineering spaces anyway, you have to use special flame retardant coveralls.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:20:12 PM EDT
All I have to say I am so glad I GTFO when khakis and dungarees were the working uniform.

Those fucking cammies are beyond retarded. Navy: flushing its identity down the drain one uniform at a time.

Why the fuck could they not just copy the Canadian and British navies?

Canada:

UK:

Same uniform for all ranks. Just change cover badge and rank on epaulets. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. We had to be WARRIORS.....

Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:22:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:
All I have to say I am so glad I GTFO when khakis and dungarees were the working uniform.

Those fucking cammies are beyond retarded. Navy: flushing its identity down the drain one uniform at a time.

Canada:
www.navy.forces.gc.ca/mspa_images/gallery/gallery_images/large/HS025129d62-ships-company.jpg

UK:
www.royal-navy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/[(1320)-09-07-2004]officer4iawd.jpg

Same uniform for all ranks. Just change cover badge and rank on epaulets. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. We had to be WARRIORS.....

Fucking stupid.

According to ANdy the Brits copied our dungaree uniform.

Most the old timers don't like it, but the kids do. To be honest, that's important. These kids want to be in the military and not to emulate the Tennessee State Prison system.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:23:54 PM EDT

There you go again, running your mouth like a little bitch.

I know a lot of my Reactor Department former shipmates would adjust your attitude the hard way ASAP if they got a hold of you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 2:27:42 PM EDT by SWO_daddy]

Originally Posted By dport:

Canada:
www.navy.forces.gc.ca/mspa_images/gallery/gallery_images/large/HS025129d62-ships-company.jpg

UK:
officer4iawd.jpg]www.royal-navy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/[(1320)-09-07-2004]officer4iawd.jpg

Fucking stupid.

According to ANdy the Brits copied our dungaree uniform. That may be so, but today's RN working rig is a FAR cry from our dungarees. In fact, it is very close to the late 70s working uniform that I wore in the early 80s as a Sea Cadet. That uniform, plus epaulets, is almost exactly what the Canadian Navy wears today.
Most the old timers don't like it, but the kids do. To be honest, that's important. These kids want to be in the military and not to emulate the Tennessee State Prison system.

I never said keep the dungarees. A simple pair of straight leg dark blue slacks and a comfortable medium blue shirt, both of fire retardant cloth are all that was needed.

Do "kids" want to look like they are in the Navy, or in some gay-ass Marine-wannbe outfit?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:27:06 PM EDT

Canada:

UK:
www.royal-navy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/[(1320)-09-07-2004]officer4iawd.jpg

Fucking stupid.

Preach it, shipmate.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:30:41 PM EDT

There you go again, running your mouth like a little bitch.

I know a lot of my Reactor Department former shipmates would adjust your attitude the hard way ASAP if they got a hold of you.

a little touchy? how stupid do you think i am? i realize that reactor guys arent exposed to any greater ammount of radiation than i am when i microwave a burrito, but shit, i try to make an attempt at an amusing comment and SHTF. calm down just a touch, and maybe lay off the personal attacks while you're at it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:32:25 PM EDT

how stupid do you think i am?

Very.........
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top