Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 7:40:04 AM EDT
Out of curiosity, anyone else notice a correlation between pain in the lower right abdomen and having diarrhea?

I had a bout of the runs tonight, and have a mild, slightly throbbing, pain about where I'd expect my appendix to be.  I've noticed this in the past and have been wondering what the deal is.

The pain is about the same as the mild diverticulosis/diverticulitis pain that I had, off and on, on my lower left abdomen, before I had an acute bout and went in to find out what was wrong.  That also had a strong correlation to having the runs (hey, what can I say, it's a common event for me in Taiwan), although not necessarily on the same occasions as the lower-right-corner pain I'm getting tonight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Out of curiosity, anyone else notice a correlation between pain in the lower right abdomen and having diarrhea?

Does someone actually have to point out where your digestive tract runs, sir????????????    
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
bird flu

amputate
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i've had both diverticulosis/diverticulitis and appendicitis (sp?) and i share your discomfort...when my appendix acted up, i had no clue what was going on, but thought it was a mild kidney infection, based on location of pain, so i drank a bottle or two of cranberry juice, thinking that it would clear the kidney up...12 hours later no pain relief so i drank so more cranberry juice...12 hours later (total of 24 hours after symptoms appeared) i had severe pain in generally the lower stomach/intenstine area and went to the ER...ER testing revealed a 'blockage' about where the appendix is and appendix was removed..it seems that if your discomfort/pain lasts much more than 24 hours then something other than your appendix may be causing it

YMMV
see a doc soon if pain does not go away
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you must have had some bad Taiwaneese food.

Eat a burger...you'll be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top