Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Made it to Star, discovered vagina.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but not for very long.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was only in it 2 years. My oldest son is a scout and youngest will be joining next year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Made it to Eagle, even after I discovered vagina.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Made it to Star, discovered vagina.....

First Class; same epiphany.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Star was as far as I got.  I also was inducted to the order of the arrow.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Cub Scout, through Webelo(sp), but then quit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Eagle scout at 16 years old.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes.  Does thinking the whole thing was a waste of time make me a bad American?  I thought BSA was supposed to be about camping and fun stuff, but I recognized the other kids in my troop as freaky little nerds even back then and didn't want to associate with them.  We never did anything fun either.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes.  Does thinking the whole thing was a waste of time make me a bad American?  I thought BSA was supposed to be about camping and fun stuff, but I recognized the other kids in my troop as freaky little nerds even back then and didn't want to associate with them.  We never did anything fun either.

No, it doesnt.  I thought the whole thing was a waste of time also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Did cubs, quit, then came back as a scout leader about 12 years later.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#12]
nope.  never interested in stuff like that.... thought i did end up in the .mil.... so it all worked out well
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah, it seemed like the same thing to me.  There were basically two groups, scouts that joined to contribute to their delinquent ways, setting shit on fire, shooting guns, drinking.  And then there were the scouts that came because mom made them, so they can learn to be men.  These kids hardly ever make it to eagle, just because of the other group of scouts that tries to make their life miserable
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My troop was all about camping.
I had a kick ass time, we camped once a month.
Others were full of freaky little nerds.
YMMV
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]
btw to all you proud Eagle Scouts out there, congratulations.  between peer pressure and vaginas, its real hard to make it all the way these days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear you didn't like it.  But it sounds like you had really shitty troops.  We went camping every month during the school year... rain, snow, or shine.  Spent a week over the summer at camp.
Order of the Arrow and Eagle Scout.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My troop was all about camping.
I had a kick ass time, we camped once a month.
Others were full of freaky little nerds.
YMMV

Good times...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear you didn't like it.  But it sounds like you had really shitty troops.  We went camping every month during the school year... rain, snow, or shine.  Spent a week over the summer at camp.
Order of the Arrow and Eagle Scout.

I quit after a couple of weeks.  I had a better time camping by myself anyways.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes Made it to Life, Needed anought 6 months to finish Eagle.
Im still a adult member in my troop though
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I was in cub scouts, then whatever comes after that, then Boy Scouts.  I had the "arrow of light" whatever that is.  I quit boyscouts after a while because it was just sort of ghey.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Boy Scouts was the most fun I ever had.  Our troop camped out at least once a month sometimes twice a month.  And I grew up around the Chicago suburbs.

Making Eagle was the proudest day of my life up until that point.  I tell my fiancee that we need to have a boy someday so he can have the same fun, and also I want to do it all over again myself.  Call me selfish, I don't care.  I can't wait to be a scoutmaster or leader.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#22]
First Class. Order of the Arrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Cub Scout  My main enemy was in my Boy Scout troop, and I tend to avoid people and situations I dont like.

I did plenty of that outdoors stuff just because of my dad (who was an Eagle Scout) and living in AK.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I was a weblos, but never got my arrow of light.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I never got into it
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I was barely involved with scouting. I did earn the swimming merrit badge, though.

I sat through my son's eagle board of review last week.

Good on anyone that makes eagle!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Not for long, got kicked out for eating a Brownie !
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#28]
cub scout, webelo and boy scout.

I had to carry some fat kids backpack through the santa monica mtns cause he fainted halfway through our trip. Ungrateful bastard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Star was as far as I got.  I also was inducted to the order of the arrow.

Same.

I quit after I got in trouble for laughing during the pledge, the color guard did something stupid and I could not stop laughing (at him). The leaders thought I was laughing at the pledge I think and gave me all this material about why I should respect the pledge and junk, it wasn't the only reason but it was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Cubs, Webelos, Life Scout, Camp Counselor, Den Chief, JASM, OA......

And still had time for pie
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I Started In Tiger Scouts When I Was 5, Got To Life Scout, OA, I Held All The Ranks In The Troop. But I Could Never Get Up With The Woman To Set Up And Confirm My Eagle Project. The Bitch Was Either Fired Or Forced To Resign Because Other Boy Scouts Didnt Get Eagle Cause Of Her Too. Oh Well, Between Football, A Steady Girlfriend, School, And Getting Prepared For College, Scouts Was The Least Important. Although I Do Wish I Could Have Made It All The Way.... 13 years of fun. Man we had some good times. I live right next to a Marine Corps Base and we would go do things all the time on base. If it wasnt for the boy scouts id probably be some fat pussy that works at wallmart. Boy Scouts Should Be Required!!! also depends on how cool your troop is.

CXS
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Boy Scouts was the most fun I ever had.  Our troop camped out at least once a month sometimes twice a month.  And I grew up around the Chicago suburbs.

Making Eagle was the proudest day of my life up until that point.  I tell my fiancee that we need to have a boy someday so he can have the same fun, and also I want to do it all over again myself.  Call me selfish, I don't care.  I can't wait to be a scoutmaster or leader.

you probably camped at the scout camp right by my parents house in Berrien Springs, MI
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone ever make it to the national jamboree?  what an AWESOME time. parents, if you have the option, beg, borrow or steal so your boy scouts can experience this!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Made Life at 14 and then slowed waaaaaayyyyy down helping everyone else out.  Did get my Eagle with my Board of Review 1 week before my 18th birthday.  Made OA and then Brotherhood level.  Worked 1 summer as counselor and 2 years as an ASM.  My scouting accomplishments rate up there with my military service as points of pride.  I earned all but 3 merit badges (Ironically, I didn't get the transportation merit badge and now that is my job)  I went, not because I was a punk or my mother forced me to (as was previously mentioned), but because I wanted to get the heck away from the house.  (Sister was a .....and caused me a bunch of hassle) I don't have any kids of my own, but about to marry into a couple of grand sons whom I will GLADLY pay for every expense involved in getting them through scouting.  It is the best thing for a young male out there right now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I was a cub for about 3 weeks. Learning to tie knots in the church basement got old real quick.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I had a pretty decent time in Scouts.  I made it to tenderfoot and wound up quitting.

I did earn my God and Country award, which was friggin' HARD.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes, but only for a short time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes, but only for a short time.

same here, but soon as my family moved to camp pendleton my parents put me in the Young Marines. Slightly cooler and more fun than BSA but still pretty shitty. PArents wouldn't let me quit that until they heard from other kids' parents how much of a waste of time it was for our saturdays
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:30:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Got Eagle 3mo before I discovered vagina.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Always wanted to join and begged the parents but that was right around the time some of the undesirables were making the news for molesting kids.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Yup, Eagle, OA brotherhood.

I am currently a Scoutmaster, ditrict OA advisor, Venture Crew Advisor and for those of you hardcore Scouts I just got my Wood Badge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#43]
one day,  I  joined on the day they went to the range. well since I wasn't an official scout yet I technically went with my father to the range to experience boy scout shooting. well lets just say I couldn't stay there and shoot a .22 for six hours at a 15yd target I pulled out the AK and had some fun The next day I found a new interest in life
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I made "Tenderfoot".

I was in the Scouts for about a month.  It wasn't for me.  There's nothing at all wrong with Scouting; I've just never been good at being a member of organized things.
I'm just too much of a loner; always have been, always will be.

I was always the kid who while on class field trips would get lost from the group because I would see something interesting to me that was "off the itinerary" and wander away from the group to check it out.
That's just the way I am.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Fine organization.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:43:35 AM EDT
[#46]
I made it to Star scout. We had a great troop that did lots of camping trops. I went on at least (5) 50 miler caneo trips through the Adirondacks. I have patches for 3 of them 2 of which are the old leather ones. Did white water trips down the Delaware River. Some of the best days of my life and best of all I spent most of that time doing these trips with my father. Wouldn't trade my "scout " days for anything

Editted to fix (some) spelling mistakes
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#47]
My troop was a literal Eagle Scout assembly line. Weekly troop meetings, camping every month including the famous Klondike Derby every January. A week every year at summer camp. I made it all the way to Eagle and am very thankful to the adult leaders we had who were pretty good at keeping us moving along the path toward it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Cub Scout, Weblos , then moved overseas where there were no Scouts
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#49]
YMCA Indian Guides
Cub Scouts
Webelos
Boy Scouts- Star/ OoA
Explorer Scouts- Aviation Post
Civil Air Patrol
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I was dishonorably discharged from the Cub Scouts...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top