Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:47:04 PM EDT
And you got your feet in the picture. So many people forget that these days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:48:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:56:47 PM EDT
Because when it comes to Shotgun snobs O/U fans can be the worst.

There is nothing wrong with Baikal shotguns, I used to sell them when I worked in a gun shop during college. The Baikal was a great starter gun, and gun for a new shooter.

The people who bought Baikals bought them for value, and were just starting to get into Sporting Clays and Trap shooting and they did not want to spend $1,500 to 2,000 and up on a O/U. And they are smart for buying a Baikal and then a Browning or Beretta.

I use a semi auto for Sporting Clays/Trap and hunting, and the O/U snobs have put me down for using a 21" Benelli vs. a 30" Beretta or Browning Citori.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 3:07:10 PM EDT by Mauser101]
I've got a Verona that cost me just a bit more than the Baikals I was looking at, is a bit lighter and, IMO, a bit prettier. Other than that it's a pair of barrels that throw shit at birds and clays. I like that it's pretty but it certainly didn't have to be.

I doubt I'll ever upgrade from it unless it's a situation of a family member or friend needing an O/U to hunt with me so I go buy a new one and they get mine. Mine's pretty, does it's job and I like it...but I don't see paying $3,000 for an O/U when it can get me into something that is actually worth that amount...like a Sako TRG-42.

Shotgun snobs are the bleech blonde fashion queens of the gun world.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
i love taking my 20" barrel mossberg 590 (with bayo lug and heat shield) the the range and beating people with more money than skill. it kills them that my $350 tactical shotgun can hang with their O/U's that cost more than most people's cars.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:11:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:14 PM EDT
I have both the expensive shotguns, and the cheap, and can bust clays all day with either. In shotguns, I really see no difference in shooting ability, but perhaps in quality of build. You can drive to work in a Yugo, or you can drive to work in a Benz. Will you still get to work?....yes....err maybe.., but you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
Built like a tank, yes.

Svelte, refined, and melts into your body....maybe.

But probably not.

I'm glad you like your shotgun. Looks like you're enjoying the hell out of it...and that is all that matters!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:20:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:32:41 PM EDT
It's not about functionality; it's all about style. If there are a bunch of guys shoting Perazzis, Purdys, etc. and somebody breaks in with a Baikal or a tactical gun, its sort of like a turd in the punch bowl. :)

That said, shoot what you like. If you beat them with your Baikal, they probably won't be able to talk much smack.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:44:09 PM EDT
Top Top