Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 1:32:50 PM EDT

"they are just doing the jobs that American's won't do"
"they come here, work there asses off and live in poverty only to help there families out"

AGGHH!!!

He can't understand why I find it offensive if people come here illegally. I tell him come here, fill out the fucking paperwork, learn my language and I will respect you.

So many hundred's of thousands of people came here legally, why is it so hard for them to do it now?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking as an immigrant, I paid a bunch of money, filled out a lot of forms, waited the appropriate periods and jumped through all the hoops.  I observed all the rules and met the requirements of each step of the process.  Went through all the background checks and other testing.

I did it out of respect for this country and its laws and because I wanted to come here fair and square and on the level.  I'm not trying to pull some rip-off or commit a crime.  I'm here because I want to be and I made the grade so basically I am allowed to be here because this country (through its laws/rules/procedures) wants me to be or lets me.

I don't resent all the stuff I had to go through and, in fact, I wish some aspects of immigration were more difficult or more strict.

No one should be allowed to come here without doing that shit and we should enforce the laws very seriously.

ETA: And I can speak the language but I think that went without saying.

Oh yeah, and it's an American flag that flies in front of my house and it's the US Constitution I've got a copy of printed on cool looking parchment paper in the office.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Your co-worker is a fucking idiot!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not for minimum wage or less.

"they come here, work there asses off and live in poverty only to help there families out"
True. I don't blame them for wanting to make a better living/life for themselves. I would want the same thing. I blame our government for not shutting them out until they get in legally.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree.
I think we should greet illegal immigrants with arms.
Oh wait...he said OPEN arms.
Nevermind then.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell his ass he's fired and his job will be given to an illegal that is going to be paid 1/3 of his pay. Shake his hand and wish him a hearty "GOOD LUCK"!

Now, for those that do it the lawful way and follow all the requirements, I welcome them and hope they prosper and are proud to be called an American Citizen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
GOAT BAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Speaking as an immigrant, I paid a bunch of money, filled out a lot of forms, waited the appropriate periods and jumped through all the hoops.  I observed all the rules and met the requirements of each step of the process.  Went through all the background checks and other testing.

I did it out of respect for this country and its laws and because I wanted to come here fair and square and on the level.  I'm not trying to pull some rip-off or commit a crime.  I'm here because I want to be and I made the grade so basically I am allowed to be here because this country (through its laws/rules/procedures) wants me to be or lets me.

I don't resent all the stuff I had to go through and, in fact, I wish some aspects of immigration were more difficult or more strict.

No one should be allowed to come here without doing that shit and we should enforce the laws very seriously.

Oh yeah, and it's an American flag that flies in front of my house and it's the US Constitution I've got a copy of printed on cool looking parchment paper in the office.

Well done  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I agree.
Nevermind then.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You are the REAL immigrant.  My hat's off to you for doing it the RIGHT way.  You came to America to be AMERICAN!  I hate it when people come from Mexico (or anywhere else) to be Mexican.  If you still want to be Mexican so bad, go home.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Is your co-worker planning to put them all up in his basement?

CO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done  

Thanks man

But just so everyone knows, I'm not an American citizen yet...I'm a resident alien
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are the REAL immigrant.  My hat's off to you for doing it the RIGHT way.  You came to America to be AMERICAN!  I hate it when people come from Mexico (or anywhere else) to be Mexican.  If you still want to be Mexican so bad, go home.

Thank you.

I'm not American yet but I'm working on it (I'm a resident alien )
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for minimum wage or less.

True. I don't blame them for wanting to make a better living/life for themselves. I would want the same thing. I blame our government for not shutting them out until they get in legally.

And is your co-worker willing to catch TB or leprosy from the 100% lack of medical screening?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

out of curiosity, where do you hail from originally?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

out of curiosity, where do you hail from originally?

I'm from Canada.

(I realize I am almost obligated to add "eh?" at the end of that sentence but I am resisting).

Obviously Canada is very much like the US but believe me when I tell you I still had to go through the whole process pretty much like any other immigrant.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

AGGHH!!!

He can't understand why I find it offensive if people come here illegally. I tell him come here, fill out the fucking paperwork, learn my language and I will respect you.

So many hundred's of thousands of people came here legally, why is it so hard for them to do it now?

HE's 100% right.

HE should open his arms to II's

Ask him how many he's willing to let stay in HIS house.

That'll shut him the fuck up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
club him like a baby seal....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Your co-worker is a fucking idiot!

Yup
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Right on. Wish that there was more like you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I agree.
Nevermind then.

My Rifle fires from an open bolt does that count as open arms?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
club him like a baby seal....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top