Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:18:35 PM EDT
I am going fo ran interview tinight and would like to have a list of my references if they ask for them. What would be the best way to list them?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:20:29 PM EDT
Have them on a separate paper. Don't put them on the Resume.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
I don't put references on a resume itself. I list them seperately and provide them only if requested.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:20:42 PM EDT
Didn't think you list refrences on a resume, I've always only put past work experiances.

Refrences are given later should they ask for them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:21:45 PM EDT
I only would list references directly related to previous work on the actual resume.

non-related references would go seperately
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:23:46 PM EDT
On a separate sheet with full contact information. Also, you need to explain why the opinion of these people should even be considered.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:24:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:
Have them on a separate paper. Don't put them on the Resume.

+1
I also have personal and professional ones grouped together.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:25:53 PM EDT
I understand not listing them on the resume. I meant to say what would be a good format for them?

Name:
Company
Address
PH#
Relation:

Something like that?

Sorry I wasnt clear. I am a little nervous about this it would be a pretty big step up for me if I get the job. It would be about a 15K a year increase. Then I would be able to affors a platinum membership.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:26:15 PM EDT
The line should say "Available upon request."

Have them handy for interviews and such.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:30:57 PM EDT
I'd just give the references out with the resume.

I don't see any reason to make them request references.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:31:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tippman:
I understand not listing them on the resume. I meant to say what would be a good format for them?

Name:
Company
Address
PH#
Relation:

Something like that?

Sorry I wasnt clear. I am a little nervous about this it would be a pretty big step up for me if I get the job. It would be about a 15K a year increase. Then I would be able to affors a platinum membership.

That would be fine I would think. If they are going to your refrence sheet you should be in good enough shape that they aren't going to be pickey about the way it is orginized. (Unless if you do it in crayon or something.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:33:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:36:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Will-Rogers:
On a separate sheet with full contact information. Also, you need to explain why the opinion of these people should even be considered.

This is how you do it. Don't try to "fatten" your resume by putting contacts on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:36:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

You don't even need that. All employers know that references are available if needed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:43:16 PM EDT
I have always been told to do the opposite of what most are saying...

Provide the References on a separate sheet of paper after your resume.

That way, if they are serious about you, it is one less hassle for them to contact you and get the references - they already have them.

People figure, well I don't want them to bother my references.... The thing is though, they are not going to call your references unless they would have requested them anyway.

Your format for listing them is fine. Just include persons title if it is pertinent (i.e. Principal, Senior Programer, Project Manager, ect.)

Top Top