Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:47:48 AM EDT
...check out the local gun shops? We usually go to the beach and I don't see many gun shops, but I think I will pay more attention next time and check some out.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:49:19 AM EDT
I check out gunshops NO MATTER where I am and no matter what I am there for.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:51:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:
I check out gunshops NO MATTER where I am and no matter what I am there for.

A big +1. I went to an out-of-town meeting just this week and came home with a new .45.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:54:32 AM EDT
Since I usually vacation in my hometown and homestoppin' grounds, yeah, I still check out the same gunshops I used to. But I would have no problem checking out a new one in another part of the country.

I did that once in 1979 in a small town in central Missouri. Fayette, or is it Fayetteville? That neat little shop was Midway Arms, now known as Midway USA.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:56:59 AM EDT
No because I wouldn't have the money to buy anything anyway. The exception was once when driving through central FL I stopped to see a friend who worked at Shoot Straight and he let me fondle some class three stuff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:57:07 AM EDT
YES!! Well, actually, if I'm in state, I usually buy something. When I'm out of state, I just look.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:31:15 PM EDT
Always!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:32:33 PM EDT
Nope, that's what the internet is for.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:32:58 PM EDT
very true, though i don't go out of my way to visit them unless i am told there is something special to see. i'd be too tempted to spend vacation money on guns, and never be forgiven by you-know-who
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:44:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
...check out the local gun shops? We usually go to the beach and I don't see many gun shops, but I think I will pay more attention next time and check some out.

ByteTheBullet (-:

Isn't that the SOLE reason for going on vacation or TAD??

Originally Posted By SEBR_Owner:
YES!! Well, actually, if I'm in state, I usually buy something. When I'm out of state, I just look.

That is why you need to develop a good relationship with your favorite FFL!! ! That way you can have stuff sent to him, if vacation gun shop can't let you take it with you!!

Either you ask him for a signed copy of his license to carry around with you, or he can fax it to the seller!! I would suggest that you carry one of his business cards too, so you can call him and ask him if it's okay to do this...one more time!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
Not normally, but when I saw one in La Rochelle France, I had to check it out. Mainly hunting shotguns, but I was surprised that they were allowed anything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:03:34 PM EDT
I used to hit the stores when I went to a new town. I am pretty disappointed in most of the dealers inventory and prices, these days and only hit one if I accidentally pass by.
Top Top