Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeeet  

I'm totally jealous.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations, nationwide!  No waiting period can defeat you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!!! May she bring you much joy!

I'll be doing a SBR as soon as it's transfered from Title II to my local dealer. I understand that with an SBR you need to have the lower marked with name, address ect. - where did you get yours done?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it is really sad that everyone is cheering and happy as hell over something that you should just be able to have without any hastle what so ever...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the process for a SBR the same for a class III? I was told that in order to qualify for a class III the .gov takes an inventory of your weapons, audits your storage method, and reserves the right to pop in and audit at will.

I am interested in the criteria and process for gaining a NFA approval for a SBR. Aside from the extra $200 app fee.

Oh, and congrats. That is a very nice rig.

An SBR is a Class III firearm.

The process?  Simple:

*Find the weapon you want to purchase / build
*Fill out Form 1 to build, Form 4 to purchase
*Obtain CLEO sign off on form (I just mail mine in )
*Subit with 2 copies of your Form, 2 FBI finger print cards, 2 passport photos, citizenship form, and 2 hundred dollars for tax stamp.

Wait a bit...

and VOILA!  NFA goodness is yours to enjoy!

I thought it was a Title II firearm?

It's both.  

No, a class 3 is a type of FFL. Title II is the correct term but far to many people screw it up. Kind of like clips vs. mags.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the process for a SBR the same for a class III? I was told that in order to qualify for a class III the .gov takes an inventory of your weapons, audits your storage method, and reserves the right to pop in and audit at will.

I am interested in the criteria and process for gaining a NFA approval for a SBR. Aside from the extra $200 app fee.

Oh, and congrats. That is a very nice rig.

An SBR is a Class III firearm.

The process?  Simple:

*Find the weapon you want to purchase / build
*Fill out Form 1 to build, Form 4 to purchase
*Obtain CLEO sign off on form (I just mail mine in )
*Subit with 2 copies of your Form, 2 FBI finger print cards, 2 passport photos, citizenship form, and 2 hundred dollars for tax stamp.

Wait a bit...

and VOILA!  NFA goodness is yours to enjoy!

I thought it was a Title II firearm?

It's both.  

No, a class 3 is a type of FFL. Title II is the correct term but far to many people screw it up. Kind of like clips vs. mags.

Guess it's a good thing there are no full-auto Garands then, huh?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think it is really sad that everyone is cheering and happy as hell over something that you should just be able to have without any hastle what so ever...

I certainly appreciate your point... but what hassle?

I filed my forms and paid my tax.  THAT'S IT!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the gun.  Looks damn cool.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are. Sort of. The Beretta BM-59 was developed as a way to easily convert a Garand from a semi-auto clip fed rifle to a select fire mag fed battle rifle
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope you did with your SBR lower what I did with mine - register it in multiple calibers (I did .223, .300 whisper, 6.5 grendel, .22, 9mm, .45, 10mm, and .40
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are. Sort of. The Beretta BM-59 was developed as a way to easily convert a Garand from a semi-auto clip fed rifle to a select fire mag fed battle rifle

DOh!!!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on the Approval ansd aquisition of the new toy. Never knew till now that 5.56 barrel's less then 11.5 would void a suppressor warranty (good to know)

I got home today and found my Title 1,FBI finger print cards,citizen ship form in the mail when I got home. Planning on registering one of my stripped lowers as a AR 9mm SBR . I hope the approval process goes just as smooth for me.

Again congrats and have fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
man...I want one sooooooo bad.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Congrats on the Approval ansd aquisition of the new toy. Never knew till now that 5.56 barrel's less then 11.5 would void a suppressor warranty (good to know)

I got home today and found my Title 1,FBI finger print cards,citizen ship form in the mail when I got home. Planning on registering one of my stripped lowers as a AR 9mm SBR . I hope the approval process goes just as smooth for me.

It's just with some supressors.  I'm told that you can get flame cutting of the baffles with a 10.25" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just with some supressors.  I'm told that you can get flame cutting of the baffles with a 10.25" barrel.

So, did the returned stamp have a letter that said to engrave the lower with your info?

Just wondering!?!?

Looks great!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, did the returned stamp have a letter that said to engrave the lower with your info?

Just wondering!?!?

Looks great!!!

No, there were no additional documents in the envelope.

Thanks for the compliment.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice rifle NW. If you're ever cruising I-44 through Missouri stop by with your new rifle and we can shoot it out back and say hello.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DOh!!!  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top