Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/1/2006 11:20:29 PM EDT
I just can't understand why anyone would do this.  To me they are the enemy.

Dead soldier's home vandalized

David MacAnally/Eyewitness News

Kokomo, February 27 - For the family who lives in a modest home in Kokomo, the fatal Iraq attack came last week.

Then the attack at home followed.

Vandals defaced the home of Sgt. Rickey Jones' family. Eggs were thrown and flags were stolen. Sgt. Jones, a Kokomo High School graduate, was one four soldier's with the 101st killed west of Baghdad last week.

So who, one week before his burial in his hometown, would vandalize a fallen hero's house?

Neighbor Robyn Ousley is at a loss to explain. "I have no idea, somebody pretty, pretty awful."

Another friend, Bill Swaggerty, says there is more than vandalism for the family to deal with. They're calling here and saying, 'I'm glad your son is dead' and it's wrong."

The family's neighbors have closed ranks, bringing food and flying flags at half-staff. All are signs of respect for Sgt. Jones.

But there is a threat of disrespect from out of state.

The same Kansas church group that has been picketing soldier's funerals around the U.S. and Indiana will be in Kokomo too. The group claims U.S. soldier deaths are punishment for U.S. tolerance of gays.

Kokomo Police will have extra security and are running extra patrols at the house. Swaggerty, a veteran himself, says he convinced Rickey Jones to join up. He can't believe Sgt. Jones' memory would be attacked in this way. "It's wrong. He would come home on leave. His friends (were) very respectful to my wife and my family. He was a very good kid."

Swaggerty supports a move in the legislature to keep protesters back from military funerals.

Neighbor Ousley agrees. "He just went over there for us. I think it is awful."

Services for Sgt. Jones are set for next Monday. In the meantime Kokomo Police have increased patrols around his family's house.

www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4560753
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Somone needs to die.... Sgt Jones deserves a few slaves in Valhalla.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They're calling here and saying, 'I'm glad your son is dead'.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#3]
What the hell is wrong with people. I hope those responsible die a slow painful death.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What the hell is wrong with people. I hope those responsible die a slow painful death.

Karma kills...theyll get it someday. In the meantime be sure to give thanks to our fallen brother.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#5]
And they also have the "protest" to look forward to at the funeral if Govenor Daniels does not get off his ass and sign the legislation making it illegal to protest within 500 feet (I believe) of a funeral. It is all ready for his signing, so sign it so this family does not have to go through any more pain on a day that is going to be painful enough.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And they also have the "protest" to look forward to at the funeral if Govenor Daniels does not get off his ass and sign the legislation making it illegal to protest within 500 feet (I believe) of a funeral. It is all ready for his signing, so sign it so this family does not have to go through any more pain on a day that is going to be painful enough.

Should be 500 miles
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The same Kansas church group that has been picketing soldier's funerals around the U.S. and Indiana will be in Kokomo too. The group claims U.S. soldier deaths are punishment for U.S. tolerance of gays.

Please, please, PLEASE God don't ever let me come across any of these people.  I will SO be spending the rest of my days behind bars!!!

ETA
YES, I'm advocating violence against these, well, "people".  I would just as soon put a bullet in any of these sick wackos (all in the same family, inbreeding perhaps?) as I would a snake coiled to bite.  The amount of disrespect for other humans coming from this group, and "religious" folk at that, simply amazes me.  God, karma, whatever, WILL have vengence upon them!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Now wouldn't it be cool if a MOB of patriots knocked Phelps and his family down after a beer drinking sessions and the mob were to piss on 'em? Hey, gotta keep the grass green!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please, please, PLEASE God don't ever let me come across any of these people.  I will SO be spending the rest of my days behind bars!!!

I would SO help you escape!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Hundreds expected for soldier’s funeral

By SCOTT SMITH
Tribune staff writer

Monday’s funeral for Sgt. Rickey Jones, the Kokomo soldier killed Feb. 22 in Iraq, will be moved to Crossroads Community Church, according to Kokomo police Lt. Don Whitehead.

An estimated 300 to 500 veterans from around the country are expected to be on hand for the funeral, which had been scheduled to take place at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home in Kokomo.

The 10 a.m. time for services has not been changed, nor has the young soldier’s final resting place, Memorial Park Cemetery, Whitehead said.

Many veterans are coming to the funeral to pay respects to the family and honor Jones, and to show support of the family in the event protesters show up at the services.

Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., has announced several protests around the nation in coming days, including plans to picket at Monday’s funeral here and the funerals of other servicemen elsewhere.

The church’s Web site said Monday’s protest in Kokomo will be “like the IED America bombed [the church] with in a terroristic effort to silence our anti-gay Gospel preaching.”

“IED” stands for improvised explosive device.

Sgt. Jones, a graduate of Kokomo High School and a member of the Army’s 101st Airborne Division, was killed when a roadside bomb blew up his vehicle.

LINK-Kokomo IN Tribune

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I'd have to stomp a mudhole into sombody.

I can't even concieve of protesting at a funeral.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Truly shameful.
I hope my fellow Hoosiers down-state will make this situation right.

We live in sad times when churches that have done nothing wrong are burned for no reason and churches like this are allowed to run around and interfer with other people's lives like this.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:28:52 AM EDT
[#15]
This all comes from fucking cowards who hide behind the freedoms that brave heroes like Sgt. Jones have died to uphold. They don't have the nerve to knock on the Jones families door and run thier stupid fucking mouths. They won't because they are the sorriest pieces of shit on this earth.

I am so looking forward to the day they get thier asses kicked. I will definately celebrate.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Stuff like this pisses me off to no end.

If I get deployed again I'm going to set up an allotment to hire some snipers from Blackwater to shoot dickheads like this if they fuck with my family.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Stupidity, even stupidity this extreme, should not be a capital offense.

Nevertheless, the dumbasses calling saying "I'm glad your son is dead" ought to be taken into the town square and horsewhipped for being intolerably stupid.

This is how libbies are. Their self opinion is so high, and they believe their righteousness to be so far superior to everyone elses, that they can call a family who lost a loved one in Iraq and say "I am glad your son is dead!" and still be a hero in their own mind. Liberals are convinced that they are unalterably good while usually posessing not even a shred of actual virtue.

That is why liberalism should be classified as a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#18]
How much would it cost to put togather an ad in USA Today with pictures of them at a funeral protesting, and names and where they work, and their spouses names, and phone numbers, etc....

If they are in public, they should have "no reasonable expectation of privacy". Right?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well said.

People like this make me sick.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Some folks absolutely have no soul.

I love America, but I loathe alot of Americans.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Why haven't they put a trace on their phone? I would know exactly who was calling my phone and talking that crap or at least where the call was made from.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA
YES, I'm advocating violence against these, well, "people".  I would just as soon put a bullet in any of these sick wackos (all in the same family, inbreeding perhaps?) as I would a snake coiled to bite.  The amount of disrespect for other humans coming from this group, and "religious" folk at that, simply amazes me.  God, karma, whatever, WILL have vengence upon them!!!

I agree completely.  If people truly got what was coming to them a lot of this crap wouldn't happen.  Public Hangings used to be a nice social event.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm almost speechless, the fact that there are people out there that could do this, just fills me with rage and frustration. these "people" need to hunted down and punished publicly and horribly. no one should be able to get away with something like this, let's round up a posse and string us up some shitbags
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Fucking bastards.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#25]
So tell me, what's the difference between the radical Muslims and radical Christians? Seems to me there aren't any and I think these guys wouldn't hesitate to strap a bomb to themselves in the name of their religion.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Stupidity, even stupidity this extreme, should not be a capital offense.

Nevertheless, the dumbasses calling saying "I'm glad your son is dead" ought to be taken into the town square and horsewhipped for being intolerably stupid.

This is how libbies are. Their self opinion is so high, and they believe their righteousness to be so far superior to everyone elses, that they can call a family who lost a loved one in Iraq and say "I am glad your son is dead!" and still be a hero in their own mind. Liberals are convinced that they are unalterably good while usually posessing not even a shred of actual virtue.

a mental disorder that needs to be stepped on.  I know lets call them Zombies and react accordingly!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Got to love those peace-loving, feed-the-world types, eh?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#28]
If I ever come across someone doing that kind of crap, my only thought is that I hope there is someone to help me with bail and help me pay for my defense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#29]
scum of the earth. vermin. human refuse.

this is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got to love those peace-loving, feed-the-world types, eh?

They're not peace-niks man. These guys are doing this stuff because they think this is God's wrath on America for allowing homosexual behavior. These people are nothing more than Bible-toting whackos.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Most all Vietnam vets have seen all of this before. The liberal komikrat left can only hold their "true nature" in for so long and then..............like a pot................it boils over and you have what "We" Nam vets have all seen before. The dimofuck liberals "HATE" soldiers because soldiers fight for the "America" that the kommies and their allies the jahadis are sworn to destroy. Our soldiers kill the allies of the dimofucks...................the talliban,the al kaida,and the hammas mutherfuckers whenever possible.THIS pisses the dims off. Just like in the 60's and 70's when we were killing kommies left and right.............that shit always pisses off the dims.

We will see terrorism against our soldiers conducted by the left on an ever increasing level.It is only just getting started and is a good measure of how desperate the libtards are becoming.

Nothing in the world is as satisfying as kicking the shit out of fucking hippies and left wing asstards.....unless that is shooting them in the head ...in Iraq.....or Afghanistan.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

Please God, Let me be on Rakky’s jury after you let him come across some of these people. Because no matter what he does to them he will go free.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Disgraceful.
I'm just surprised that those Phelps assholes haven't had their heads bashed in yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So tell me, what's the difference between the radical Muslims and radical Christians? Seems to me there aren't any and I think these guys wouldn't hesitate to strap a bomb to themselves in the name of their religion.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
They're not peace-niks man. These guys are doing this stuff because they think this is God's wrath on America for allowing homosexual behavior. These people are nothing more than Bible-toting whackos.

In this case. There have been examples of others. Your point?

Oh, that's right. Your point is "Christians are just as bad as Muslims."

If you think these people are Christian, then you are a clueless idiot without the understanding of Christianity necessary to discuss the topic with any semblance of credibility.

I'm going to go handle my snakes now...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

YOur village called.... It's lonley without it's idiot, so why don't you run back home now, and leave the discussion of adult matters to the adults?

Now run along......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In this case. There have been examples of others. Your point?

Oh, that's right. Your point is "Christians are just as bad as Muslims."

If you think these people are Christian, then you are a clueless idiot without the understanding of Christianity necessary to discuss the topic with any semblance of credibility.

I'm going to go handle my snakes now...

As usual, any derogatory comments against one group of Christians is literally taken to mean all Christians. Take your head out of your ass and realize that these guys take their religion to the extreme just like the radical Muslims. They are no different.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#38]
This is the most horrible thing I have read.
RIP Sgt. Jones.
Burn in HELL all those who are responsible for this cowardly act!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
As usual, any derogatory comments against one group of Christians is literally taken to mean all Christians. Take your head out of your ass and realize that these guys take their religion to the extreme just like the radical Muslims. They are no different.

Didn't much sound like you were talking about "one group".

Yes, these people are extremists, and the only difference between them and the assholes we're fighting overseas is that these nutjobs haven't killed anyone (or even threatened to, AFAIK).

THAT is a BIG difference.

That said, I despise them just as much. They make all Christians look bad. Fortunately (and unlike Islam), the overwhelming bulk of Christianity openly and vocally condemns these whackjobs and disassociates itself from them.

I sincerely hope you can see the difference.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Thats the problem , they are cowards.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should be 500 miles

IEDs at 500 feet fro mthe funeral sound about right.

RIP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOur village called.... It's lonley without it's idiot, so why don't you run back home now, and leave the discussion of adult matters to the adults?

Now run along......

Right, get called names. Man that's being a good Christian isn't there buddy? Does this mean if I don't conform to your religious views that God will seek his wrath out on me too? Are you going to egg my house under the guise of religion? Are you that extreme?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the FBI should step in and chase the assholes down as a hate crime.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#45]
I am assuming he was in 1st battalion, 502nd PIR.  They lost four men at the start of February, including an officer.  I am not sure what happened though...IED?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Thank you! It's good to see someone around here has a firm grasp on reality. A true Christian would show honor and respect for a fallen soldier that lost their life defending our freedom and probably shed a tear with the family.

The posted a picture recently on the news of a couple low-lifes that protested during a soldiers funeral IN MY HOMETOWN and it make me sick... God help me if I ever cross paths with one of these scumbags...  that's probably on the list of the lowest things you could do to someone and blows my mind how someone could do that...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you! It's good to see someone around here has a firm grasp on reality. A true human being would show honor and respect for a fallen soldier that lost their life defending our freedom and probably shed a tear with the family.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now run along......

Right, get called names. Man that's being a good Christian isn't there buddy? Does this mean if I don't conform to your religious views that God will seek his wrath out on me too? Are you going to egg my house under the guise of religion? Are you that extreme?

Hmm.. I don't think that I've every said which faith, if any, I am.

An I wouldn't waste the energy or money to egg your house.

I just call them like I see them......

Once again, it is proven that it is acceptable to bash any branch of Christianity......

Did you ever stop and think that just maybe, they KNOW that they are just causing problems for the professed Christians, and do it because they despise Chrisitanity?

Just like they despise the conservative party?

I don't think that you every thought of that......

Phelps and crew are neither Christians, or conserative, no matter what people like you and the media try to say they are.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Go away.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Sgt Jones deserves a few slaves in Valhalla.

Slaves are not allowed to enter Valhall, only vikings who have died in combat are.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top