Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 5:26:34 PM EDT
Ok went and did the State fair thing today for some unknown reason, everything is overpriced and not alot different to see.

As I was walking through the varied industries bldg though I came across these folks  
[url]http://www.ipgv.org[/url]
atlest I was wearing my glock shirt though!!!

Iowans for the prevention of gun violence, same BS stats and so on and pretty interesting if you look at who they are funded by. They are trying to make gun safty a public health issue

So go get em, lets not let this crap seep into our state. If you go by the fair stop and say hi to them or write them a nice letter.

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was living in Iowa I went to a continuing education event in Des Moines.  The event was held "to address the foundations and causes of youth violence."  Within 10 minutes it degenerated into an anti-gun rally as bearded liberals wrung their fists over the fact that the 2nd Amendment is even in the Bill of Rights.

One whacko psychiatrist even forwarded a theory that our culture is still "experiencing unresolved grief over the holocaust of the Native Americans, hence our propensity to violence..."  WTF?

So at lunch I bid farewell and informed the presenter that I had to leave in order to get my NRA dues in the mail post haste.

BTW, Iowans for the Prevention of Gun Violence were the main funders of that conference.

Since then I've moved away from that whacko commie state.  There's too many anti-dove hunting widow women in Iowa.

Don't mess with Texas![heavy]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
hhhmm. i wish i was gonna be down there. either way i will keep an eye out for these turds. i will also see what i can do with thier website. maybe a mass emailing is just what we need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top