Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 12:22:28 PM EDT
its pretty short 5 pages, I am thinking just discussing the issue of gun control,

I would say gun control is a current issue?  cheney, assault weapon ban, state AWB's, san francisco banning pistols

or is gun control not really a big issue right now?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
oh yeah any good links for sources?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It is always a good issue....

I think it would be interesting, as well as education for you and your teacher to start at the begining.  

I would start with what the Founding Fathers truly intended in terms of the right to keep and bare arms.  Show that it is not to willy nilly picked away at and that citizens were meant to have the same weapons as the military.  

Hell, if you are thourough, that could take five pages right there.

The good thing is you can throw in a number of quotes and get yourself down to three and a half or four pages.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you make light of why gun control is stupid, and doesn't work. Criminals don't obey any other laws, so why would they follow a BS gun law. Compare the crime rates of gun owner friendly states and cities to thsoe that are not so gun friendly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of class is this for and what is the assignment?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Do it on the origins and intent of the Second Amendment.
Fuck all that statistic bullshit.
Lay it out plain and simple - the 2nd Amendment is to prevent a tyrant in America.
It applies to machine guns and anti-tank weapons, not duck guns and deer rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Be real careful... If your instructor is a bleeding libtard is can effect your grade.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you should do a paper arguing in favor of gun control. Turn the whole thing around and argue it from the position of a dictator trying to control a population.

Make a point of how important it is for the Government to be able to enforce it’s will without the threat of interference from armed citizens. Use the Holocaust as an example of how gun control works to allow a Government to control its people.

Then use the American Revolution as an example of how bad things can get when your subjects are allowed to have firearms. Britain’s lack of gun control cost her the American Colonies.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think you should do a paper arguing in favor of gun control. Turn the whole thing around and argue it from the position of a dictator trying to control a population.

Make a point of how important it is for the Government to be able to enforce it’s will without the threat of interference from armed citizens. Use the Holocaust as an example of how gun control works to allow a Government to control its people.

Then use the American Revolution as an example of how bad things can get when your subjects are allowed to have firearms. Britain’s lack of gun control cost her the American Colonies.

Good idea.

How about the inherant racism of most gun laws. GCA of 68 was passed after the Watts riots to keep cheap guns out of black hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top