Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:19:27 PM EDT
I smoke the new brand of marlboro's 72's and pay around $3.25 a pack. I purchase a pack around every other
day. I would like to stop smoking all together soon as I am wanting to do some run & gun matches.

How much are you guys paying for your cigarettes and how much would you pay up to if they raised the price?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
$2.85 a pack is the average here.  Governer Nutsack (Vilsack) a is trying to bump the taxes up another .80 cents.  He's using the lie that it will make it harder for teens to afford them.   Kids these days get way more pocket money then when I was a teen.

In NY boro's are around $6.00 a pack.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I quit smoking last year but my bro still smokes and prices are still the same as when I was still smoking. My bro pays $6.50 for a pack here in NY, if you're in Manhattan you could be paying $8-$9! I'm glad I quit at any price though
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a 100% tax(courtesy of Rob Reiner, who played "meathead" on the TV show All in the Family) on all tobacco products in Calif.  Pack of smokes $5, tin of chew $5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top