Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 8:18:53 AM EDT
When the boss asks you if you would have time to make a cad drawing of a 243 case so he can tinker with a wildcat.

When you go to the restroom and there are magazines from the nra, midways and lock stock and barrel sitting on the sink.

When you walk out the back door of the office and you can see the 600 yard range with pits they built for highpower practice.

When you go to give them back an old leather shooting coat they let you use last year and they say keep it, you still offer them money, but again they say no.

When wanting to learn how to reload they teach you and let you use all their equipment until you can get your own.

I just can't say enough, but thanks.

The coat thing happened today, so it put me in a good mood.

Goose
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You work at the Post Office?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
And then you leave work and on the drive home realize that even with all the perks you still live in Illinois......
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The ceo of my company gave me his preban ar to rebarrel.

Not a bad place.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You work at the Post Office?

Mayor Daley
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And then you leave work and on the drive home realize that even with all the perks you still live in Illinois......

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

(And I use capslock almost never.)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Getting ammo from CMP delivered to me at work today!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep that part does suck, but hey at least I am on the opposite end of the state from chicago and live in a rural area.

I wish Illinois was a gun friendly state, but moving is out of the question.  So I have to take what I can get and hope in the future some things can be changed within the state.  I know I am dreaming, but I still have hope for an earthquake to submerge chicago in lake michigan.

As we speak I am watching the Illinois House online to see what other bills they can use to screw me out of my firearm freedoms.

Goose

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Wow!  I've never seen someone cut off at the knees so effectively with so few words.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember being part of a small internet startup, and when taking someone on a tour of the server room noticing a Beretta 96 laying next to a keyboard.  We thought we had hidden all the guns, knives, and swords.

Seriously, my boss used to walk around and fiddle with a sword or huge knife all the time, and it seemed that every Monday someone would roll in with the newest gun they bought.  I dare say there were never less than 10 guns at the place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I open carry at work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I worked at one shop where the boss would leave his rifle on my desk with a note describing what it needed (cleaning, sighting-in, new stock, etc.).  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Owner of the company (woman) gave me a Remington 870 for my 5-year anniversary.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  I've never seen someone cut off at the knees so effectively with so few words.

I thought he summed it up well, rather harsh, but well.

Goose
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#16]
...when the boss draws down on you for taking too long on your lunch break...  

- CD
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#17]
How about working for someone who has a CHL, and a NRA sticker on the window of his office, but will not allow any employees to carry on the property?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#18]
They hiring?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#19]
You know you work at a gun friendly place when the boss tells you to take one of the clients shooting and to bring the receipts for reimbursement.

So, that's just what I did. I took the client to the indoor range and we blasted through 700 rounds of .38, .40 and .45  and had a lot of fun doing it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
The motorcycle shop I worked at in the late 70's early 80's was pretty well armed and we did a lot of shooting right out back and this was in the city of Mableton GA.  Once one of the salesmen had gotten a new to him S&W Mdl 39 and couldn't remember how to unload it so he came back and asked me and I stepped out the back door and emptied the mag into a handy dirt bank .  Then I showed him how to remove the mag and clean the bbl.  He said that as soon as he handed me the pistola he knew what was about to happen

We also killed a BUNCH of starlings and grackles that had a flyway behind the shop.  Eventually somebody about a 1/2 mile farther down also started shooting them.

rj
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You know you work at a gun friendly place when the boss tells you to take one of the clients shooting and to bring the receipts for reimbursement.

So, that's just what I did. I took the client to the indoor range and we blasted through 700 rounds of .38, .40 and .45  and had a lot of fun doing it.

That's a pretty novel way to entertain clients, and it has a nice side benefit or normalizing our hobby as well.

2 bonus points for style.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I worked for a publicly traded company whos company manual stated" You may be disciplined for having a weapon in a company owned vehicle"  I asked my direct supervisor about the may part, and he said that was for the dipshits who didnt know how to handle a firearm.  He stated if I had a CCW, go ahead and carry, we dont care.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:49:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I had to take down a PICTURE in my office of the fullpage the post AWB sales ad from CTD..

NO firearms on company grounds including the parking lot.

This includes our security team.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I had to take down a PICTURE in my office of the fullpage the post AWB sales ad from CTD..

NO firearms on company grounds including the parking lot.

This includes our security team.

How much cash do they keep at the office?!??!?!, I have a few box cutters I can hold up the place with
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#25]
That's a great gift.

I had one of our sales reps give me a Glock 19 as a Christmas bonus.   I was her Engineering support and she had a very good year.   My wife swore that I must have been sleeping with her.   I wasn't, but my buddy was.  They are now married.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I work for a telco co. in N. Dallas, and have a NRA sticker on my office window, gun related wallpaper on my desktop, and everybody here knows i shoot for a hobby and carry a gun always. Been here going on 12 yrs. so i guess nobody feels threatened.Over the years i have bought and sold guns to coworkers from a senior V.P. on down.Tue. was my birthday, so i told them i was taking a range day, went out and shot rifles all day, it beat the hell out of being here.Only downside is being on call 24/7, it's hard to take all my vacation because i am the only one who does my job .[Bldg. Engr.] But, it's all good when you get my age.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Spent a summer working at a buddy's shop. He, his dad and I Are total gun nuts.. there's always a big assed wheel-gun laying around, a loaded .22 ready to pop a bird or squirrel out the back door, and they never had an issue with carrying in the building, concealed or not.

I miss it... I was laid off at the time and it was one of the best  summers of my life. Didn't make squat for a wage, but the bills got paid, we all worked around the Rectal Glaucoma schedule*, and life was good.

* That's when you can't quite see your ass going in to work that early, or at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hey, that gives me a thought...

Could a company purchase several MG's and use them for "client entertainment" and then write off the cost of the weapons and ammo to advertising expenses/client relations/whatever?

Hmmm...

I've known several companies who take their clients on big game hunts, deep sea fishing trips, golf outings, etc. and I'm sure they write off the expenses.  Why would MG's be any different?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top