Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 7:48:26 AM EDT
buh-bye

www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/01/lionel.tate.ap/index.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (AP) -- Lionel Tate, once the youngest person to be sentenced to life in prison, faces up to 30 years behind bars for robbing a pizza delivery man after he was freed.

"Yes, sir," Tate said when Broward County Circuit Judge Joel T. Lazarus asked him Wednesday if he would plead guilty to the robbery. Lazarus scheduled sentencing for April 3 and said Tate could receive 10 to 30 years.

A plea agreement spares Tate, 19, a possible life sentence for violating probation for the 1999 killing of a young girl.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Fine young man, that one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
How stupid can this guy be??? He must love prison.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy the rest of your life.....in jail.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
He never should have been released in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well, there is the whole concept that prison socializes people to become criminals. Putting a young man, in his early teens, into a prison-like environment with sexually abusive peers and adults does wonders for your psyche.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
And his Mom is a Broward Sheriffs Deputy. The gun used to rob Mr. Pizza Guy was stolen from her.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#7]
"the 1999 killing of a young girl", um isn't it only 2006?  How'd this POS get out in the first place?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fine young man, that one.

+1 there..

Back where he belongs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"the 1999 killing of a young girl", um isn't it only 2006?  How'd this POS get out in the first place?

Technicality I believe.  He wasn't given a psychological exam prior to his trial and conviction.  

Thats what I recall.

here it is from the article in the original post.

Murder conviction thrown out

He was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in 2001. Three years later, an appeals tossed out the conviction and sentence.

The court ruled that it wasn't clear Tate understood what was happening to him. He then pleaded guilty to second-degree murder as part of a deal with prosecutors and was sentenced to 10 years' probation.

Lazarus added five more years to the probation term after Tate was arrested in September 2004 for carrying a knife with a four-inch blade. The judge warned Tate then that he had "zero tolerance" for future violations.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Because he killed the girl on accident while "rough housing" with the girl. Stupid, yes, but it seems like it was indeed an accident.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, there is the whole concept that prison socializes people to become criminals. Putting a young man, in his early teens, into a prison-like environment with sexually abusive peers and adults does wonders for your psyche.

The only problem with that suggestion is he was ALREADY a world class piece of shit BEFORE he went into jail the first time for killing a little girl when trying out a "wrestling move" on her. We simply put him in the best environment for his particular mentality.

Criminals are criminals BEFORE we put them in jail.

It's not like we are sticking college grads in jail for fun and MAKING them into criminals.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only problem with that suggestion is he was ALREADY a world class piece of shit BEFORE he went into jail the first time for killing a little girl when trying out a "wrestling move" on her. We simply put him in the best environment for his particular mentality.

It's not like we are sticking college grads in jail for fun and MAKING them into criminals.

Well, the guy that dragged a black guy along a back Texas road was actually a decent, non-racist person before he got sent to prison to be raped by black men named "bubba".

EDIT: for a drug charge no less, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he killed the girl on accident while "rough housing" with the girl. Stupid, yes, but it seems like it was indeed an accident.

Well I live in Broward County and actually know a bit about this one.

He wasn't "rough housing" he was attempting to duplicate a wrestling move on a little fucking girl and the assbag did it with sufficient force and effort to actually KILL HER. Perhaps if some "ghetto kid" pile drived your little daughter to death and then said "Oops...my bad" you'd have a more realistic understanding of the situation.

While it wasn't premeditated murder, it wasn't a simple accident either. You don't use sufficient force to "kill" by accident. This kid was bad news then, he's bad news now. He is in the correct place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Hijackingmy own thread:  This reminds me of that other case that happend about the same time as Tate's that involved a minor using a rifle with a broken off stock to kill someone at a distance of 100 yards or so. It was a hell of a shot if I recall.

Does anyone remember who that kid was?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
"It was all a misunderstanding. He was such a good boy. He liked puppies, he doodled with craft paper, and was an altar boy."
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't "rough housing" he was attempting to duplicate a wrestling move on a little fucking girl and the assbag did it with sufficient force and effort to actually KILL HER. Perhaps if some "ghetto kid" pile drived your little daughter to death and then said "Oops...my bad" you'd have a more realistic understanding of the situation.

While it wasn't premeditated murder, it wasn't a simple accident either. You don't use sufficient force to "kill" by accident. This kid was bad news then, he's bad news now. He is in the correct place.

I agree that the kid was stupid; but when I was younger, my friends and I used to spar and knock the royal shit out of eachother all the time, sometimes almost breaking eachothers necks in grapples. So it isn't exactly hard to see accidently killing someone smaller than you if you don't know your own strength.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that the kid was stupid; but when I was younger, my friends and I used to spar and knock the royal shit out of eachother all the time, sometimes almost breaking eachothers necks in grapples. So it isn't exactly hard to see accidently killing someone smaller than you if you don't know your own strength.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, the guy that dragged a black guy along a back Texas road was actually a decent, non-racist person before he got sent to prison to be raped by black men named "bubba".

EDIT: for a drug charge no less, IIRC.

No...he wasn't. You seem to equate "not convicted" with "not guilty" which makes you not terribly intelligent.

If I kill nine fucking people but nobody knows it was me...am I a serial killer?

Shawn Allen Berry and John William King WERE racists which is WHY they dragged James Byurd to death. They didn't just graduate from college and say "Hey what do you wanna do today? Drag a black guy? Sure ok."

While they may not have been guilty of a crime prior to that date, they were killers with the capacity to kill. Of course I could be wrong, maybe the whole thing was just a prank that got out of hand. Maybe they were just rough housing and having fun with Byrd and it just went bad.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Isn't that the kid that was practicing professional wrestling moves on the little girl and killed her?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See picture Page 2.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=441485&page=2

I am 100% certain I sparred harder than you.

I am also 100% certain I would not have "accidentally" killed one of my freinds.

If you were not sure you could fuck around with your friends and NOT kill them then you were a fucking retard, I'm sorry.

Here's to hoping YOUR CHILDREN won't associate with anyone as fucked up as that.

Also this was NOT one of his roughneck buddies he was fucking around with, this was a little girl who was NOT a active or happy participant. It was NOT mutual rough housing and horseplay, he was trying out a "move" on the nearest suitable victim.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Dang, what a shame!!   He seemed like he was really trying to get his life together too.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
No...he wasn't. You seem to equate "not convicted" with "not guilty" which makes you not terribly intelligent.

If I kill nine fucking people but nobody knows it was me...am I a serial killer?

Shawn Allen Berry and John William King WERE racists which is WHY they dragged James Byurd to death. They didn't just graduate from college and say "Hey what do you wanna do today? Drag a black guy? Sure ok."

John William King was not a racist prior to his experiences in prison. When you are White and in prison you have two choices:

1) deal with being a punk, someone's bitch, to a black or hispanic, and be beaten up by Whites,Blacks, and Hispanics.

or

2) join a white supremacist group. You will still be raped, but you have protection from Blacks and Hispanics.

King took the latter path after being raped by blacks in prison. He may have been latently racist, but prison will make even a Martin Luther King Jr. style black man into a Malcom X.

While they may not have been guilty of a crime prior to that date, they were killers with the capacity to kill. Of course I could be wrong, maybe the whole thing was just a prank that got out of hand. Maybe they were just rough housing and having fun with Byrd and it just went bad.

Just because you kill, doesn't mean that you were a killer before that act. Every human being has the capacity to kill, but most of us have too much materialism/spiritualism to give into our homicidal fantasies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See picture Page 2.

I am also 100% certain I would not have "accidentally" killed one of my freinds.

If you were not sure you could fuck around with your friends and NOT kill them then you were a fucking retard, I'm sorry.

Here's to hoping YOUR CHILDREN won't associate with anyone as fucked up as that.

Well, usually we sparred smart: no head/throat/neck hits.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See picture Page 2.

<---------  Big Pro Wrestling fan growing up and, we routinely did some crazy-dangerous stuff
to each other, but, never killed each other.  My kids are fans now, and, they haven't killed each other yet.

Off topic----I guess this kinda casts some light on the whole issue of pro wrestling
being "Real".  No, it's not a competition, but, it's dangerous as hell.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just because you kill, doesn't mean that you were a killer before that act. Every human being has the capacity to kill, but most of us have too much materialism/spiritualism to give into our homicidal fantasies.

You can't be this stupid.

It is NOT fear of jail or losing my stuff that keeps me from killing people I don't like. it is the fact that I understand it is WRONG.

And if materialism/spiritualism is ALL that is keeping your from killing people than you should be under close observation.

My point was guys like Jeffery Dahmer and King were "killers" prior to their first kill. It was already in them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be so quick to judge.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Well, usually we sparred smart: no head/throat/neck hits.

Apparantly not if you weren't sure you wouldn't kill someone.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

<---------  Big Pro Wrestling fan growing up and, we routinely did some crazy-dangerous stuff
to each other, but, never killed each other.  My kids are fans now, and, they haven't killed each other yet.

Off topic----I guess this kinda casts some light on the whole issue of pro wrestling

1. Without knowing you I am reasonably certain that you (when you were a kid) and your kids were like us in that despite all our efforts we KNEW we weren't gonna take anyones life.

2. Two kids of equal size wrestling is NOT the same as a roughneck like Tate "trying out moves" on a six year old little girl.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Aww, come on...there's nothing wrong with that young man....

that a .45 to the back of the head wouldn't take care of!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
buh-bye

www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/01/lionel.tate.ap/index.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (AP) -- Lionel Tate, once the youngest person to be sentenced to life in prison, faces up to 30 years behind bars for robbing a pizza delivery man after he was freed.

"Yes, sir," Tate said when Broward County Circuit Judge Joel T. Lazarus asked him Wednesday if he would plead guilty to the robbery. Lazarus scheduled sentencing for April 3 and said Tate could receive 10 to 30 years.

A plea agreement spares Tate, 19, a possible life sentence for violating probation for the 1999 killing of a young girl.

I'm just glad that abomination got nailed before he killed some other innocent soul.

I hope that judge gives him the full 30 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
.....I hope that judge gives him the full 30 years.

I couldn't agree more.

He's a total POS.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#32]
GOOD!

they never should have let this worthless little prick out in the first place.  Now we see why early release is a BAD idea.  this scuz bag should be given a special seat on a magic chair if you get what i'm saying
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Without knowing you I am reasonably certain that you (when you were a kid) and your kids were like us in that despite all our efforts we KNEW we weren't gonna take anyones life.

2. Two kids of equal size wrestling is NOT the same as a roughneck like Tate "trying out moves" on a six year old little girl.

Oh yeah.  I'm on your side of the arguement completely.  My phraseing seems to be really off today.  I meant to express that though the moves are inherently dangerous, we, even as kiddos, knew that you couldn't really drop somone on thier head, or they would be hurt badly.  "Trying out" wrestling moves and useing as an excues in killing someone is a total BS argument.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is NOT fear of jail or losing my stuff that keeps me from killing people I don't like. it is the fact that I understand it is WRONG.

And if materialism/spiritualism is ALL that is keeping your from killing people than you should be under close observation.

My point was guys like Jeffery Dahmer and King were "killers" prior to their first kill. It was already in them.

As I said, spiritualism/materialism/moralism is all that prevents us from killing. Killing is a very human trait, and something that we find ways of doing that fit our moral background(e.g. war).

Apparantly not if you weren't sure you wouldn't kill someone.

I know enough to know that you can never be sure you are not going to kill someone in a fight; accidents happen, people slip up, drive themselves into a punch,etc. an ill-taken blow to the head can break one's neck, a punch to the gut can cause internal bleeding,etc.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the size of the POS in the photo...

Unless he went through a major growth spurt in 7 years, he was probably fairly big for a 12 year old at the time of the "accident". At the very least, he was much bigger than a 6 year old girl.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the size of the POS in the photo...

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/LAW/03/01/lionel.tate.ap/vert.tate2.ap.jpg

Unless he went through a major growth spurt in 7 years, he was probably fairly big for a 12 year old at the time of the "accident". At the very least, he was much bigger than a 6 year old girl.

He was a lard butt before he went to prison.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Just shoot him already and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Some people are born as a “Bad Seed”.  Those people shouldn’t be given unlimited chances at freedom.  

Everyone makes mistakes.  Minor, non-violent crimes should be a first time free ride.  Murder shouldn’t be free ride first crime.  

How many violent crimes has Lionel Tate done and not been caught for?  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

As I said, spiritualism/materialism/moralism is all that prevents us from killing. Killing is a very human trait, and something that we find ways of doing that fit our moral background(e.g. war).

Well now you added "moralism" which is akin to civilized. And with that addition you now cover MOST people.

Basically we understand "we" don't wish to be killed for no reason, so we don't kill without reason.

I am not an inarticulate proto human who kills because he fears the moon. And it isn't the risk of my comfy lifesttle that keeps me from killing. It is a reasoned "understanding" that I don't want to be killed indiscriminately.

It is quite frightening that this seems to be a somewhat foreign concept for you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Some people are born as a “Bad Seed”.  Those people shouldn’t be given unlimited chances at freedom.  

Everyone makes mistakes.  Minor, non-violent crimes should be a first time free ride.  Murder shouldn’t be free ride first crime.  

How many violent crimes has Lionel Tate done and not been caught for?  

Honestly if Tate and the girl were playing on the roof and he "accidentally" bumped her off and she died I'd have NO PROBLEM agreeing that is was an HONEST and TERRIBLE mistake. Stupid yes, but that is kids in general.

But that very much is NOT what happened.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The extent of the injuries to the young girl who was killed when she was 6 years old were so extensive I find it hard to believe it was an accident.  Tate was rough housing with a 6 year old and he crushed her skull, broke her arms, broke several of her ribs and was beating on her so violently that somehow the little girls liver was torn loose shredded and pushed thru her rib cage.  I got the details in my juvenile delinquency text book.  One of those injuies could be considered possibly accidental but all of them????  He beat that little girl to death .  When we did the excersice about him in class I said I'd give him the death penalty.  I cant wait til thursday to share this news with the class.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#42]
FUCK HIM let him rot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The extent of the injuries to the young girl who was killed when she was 6 years old were so extensive I find it hard to believe it was an accident.  Tate was rough housing with a 6 year old and he crushed her skull, broke her arms, broke several of her ribs and was beating on her so violently that somehow the little girls liver was torn loose shredded and pushed thru her rib cage.  I got the details in my juvenile delinquency text book.  One of those injuies could be considered possibly accidental but all of them????  He beat that little girl to death .  

C'mon now...Boys will be boys after all.

A little anger management and he'd be right as rain.

If you put him in jail he will become dangerous and might just hurt someone when he gets out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I may be wrong, but isn't this the kid that Rosie (teh cow) O'Donnell campaigned for?? Claiming he was too young to be responsible for his actions??

I guess he's old enough now....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top