Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:22:43 AM EDT
UPDATE

Thanks to all who offered their opinions.  In the end I decided it would be inappropriate, and wore a "Titanium Ale - Light but Strong" shirt from the Triple Rock Brewery in Berkeley, CA.

That was the right thing to do.  The day was incredibly somber, as two senior, well liked people with nearly 20 years at the company got the axe to make way for progress.

I still have my job.  My boss got a major promotion and expansion of responsibilities, and everyone is very sad.

Original text...

I saw some things I was not supposed to see, and have good reason to believe some people are going to be handed walking papers.  There is an all-hands meeting this morning with attendance "mandatory, no exceptions".

ETA - I am mentally prepared to get the axe myself, but believe the probability of that is low.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I wear my "when all else fails vote from the rooftops" shirt around town and it never fails to get reactions - split about 50/50% from thumbs up to a look of puzzlement or shock....

I also have a "Peace Through Superior Firepower" shirt but it's kind of subtle and my hair hides part of the text 'cause I am a hippie as well as a redneck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I worry more about your resume' than wardrobe
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
where do you guys get these shirts? i want some!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about the shirt, but I'd carry if I could.  You never know when someone won't take a pinkslip well, especially if they know in advance they're going to get one.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where do you guys get these shirts? i want some!

American Shooting Center, San Diego, CA, of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I worry more about your resume' than wardrobe

I keep my resume at a secure off-site location.  That's my contribution to the company's Disaster Preparedness plan.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd say don't rock the boat. Hopefully your job IS secure.

I agree that you should carry, though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a great big Ford Dually.  It has the REALLY BIG NRA Life sticker right on the back tailgate.  I come to work early and always back it in so it faces the front door, so no one can possibly miss it as they walk outside (also has a bunch of libertarian stickers on it)
Oh, I work in liberal boulder
I get asked all the time about CCW
i always reply that concealed means concealed and never say anything more.  (I don't actually, but they don't need to know that)
I always wear my NRA hat to and from work.
I expect they are afraid to fire me.
Definately wear the shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top