Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 12:52:13 AM EDT
And tells me that they recovered one out of nine handguns that were stolen from me back in 2003!  Today is a Good Day!    

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That's great...Will it help them trace the other guns and the culprits?

lets hope so

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Deputy said that they found it during a traffic stop.  The person who had it said that he had bought it from someone in SC.  The Deputy also said that they are going to charge him with "possession of stolen property".  So, as of right now, it will be held as evidence.  When the Courts get finished with their thing, I'll  get in back.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#4]
What condition is it in?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!

8 more to go!  

- BG
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What condition is it in?

Don't have a clue.  I expect it to be in rough shape.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congrats!

8 more to go!  

- BG

Thanks!  I never expected that I'd even get one back.

By the way, It was the handgun that I used when I got my CCW back in 2000.  It's a Daewoo DP51C in 9mm.  A really sweet shooting little handgun.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad you got it back. I had some guns stolen when I moved into my house in 1986. 10 Years later the Police recovered 2 of my handguns. I got my Smith model 10 back and it was in rough shape. The other gun was a Jennings and I told them they could keep it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag. I've got two handguns that have not been recovered....I guess I'll not give up hope just yet.
Its been 4 years....4 long years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Very cool!

You also point out something interesting - the guy getting charged with possession of stolen property.  What if the guy bought it at a gun show from someone he thought was legit?  For example, I bought a G19 from another ARFCOM member who I know and trust.  He bought it at a gun show from God knows who.  Wouldn't it suck for me to fid out it was a stolen gun.  

Anyway, please let us know how the gun looks.  Remember we love pics!

If you're worried about that then you have the transcation go through a FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Very cool!

You also point out something interesting - the guy getting charged with possession of stolen property.  What if the guy bought it at a gun show from someone he thought was legit?  For example, I bought a G19 from another ARFCOM member who I know and trust.  He bought it at a gun show from God knows who.  Wouldn't it suck for me to fid out it was a stolen gun.  

If it was anything resembling a legitimate purchase, such as the guy buying it at a gunshow and keeping a bill of sale, I'd imagine the charge would be dropped once he gave the name, address, birthday, SSN, and mother's maiden name of the guy that sold it to him... especially if it's useful in recovering the other stolen guns.  I'm not LEO though, so I have no idea how this really works.

If it wasn't anything resembling a legitimate purchase, then he has it coming to him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very cool!

If it was anything resembling a legitimate purchase, such as the guy buying it at a gunshow and keeping a bill of sale, I'd imagine the charge would be dropped once he gave the name, address, birthday, SSN, and mother's maiden name of the guy that sold it to him... especially if it's useful in recovering the other stolen guns.  I'm not LEO though, so I have no idea how this really works.

If it wasn't anything resembling a legitimate purchase, then he has it coming to him.

I'm guessing it was one of those "If it's too good to be true" type of purchases.  Well, It sucks to be him.  Too bad, so sad.  Don't worry, when I get it back, I'll post pics.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#14]
If you buy a gun like that, you might ask a friend who is a cop to do a serial number search for ya, with the understanding that if it comes up hot, you will turn it in.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Heres one for you. I had some stuff stolen a LONG time ago, like in 98 or so. About 4 years later I get a letter from the Sheriffs office....They had my bow and a few arrows. Nothing else.

How in the hell they found my bow and identified it as mine 4 years later is beyond me.....

But, I went and picked it up and sure as hell. It was kind of amusing, the officed was somewhat in the ghetto. Heres this tall white dude walking through the ghetto with a frickin bow and handful of arrows.....Made quite the sight to see.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, you likely won't get possession of it until 2008 or 2009 Still better than NEVER seeing it again and wondering if some criminal used it to kill a family of 6 last week. So congrats and sympathies. <shrug>

Quoted:
The Deputy said that they found it during a traffic stop.  The person who had it said that he had bought it from someone in SC.  The Deputy also said that they are going to charge him with "possession of stolen property".  So, as of right now, it will be held as evidence.  When the Courts get finished with their thing, I'll  get in back.

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Great news, glad you got it back! What were the details of the theft?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Great news, glad you got it back! What were the details of the theft?

Bastard popped the back door, found the key to the security cabinet, stole the handguns, locked it back up, put the key back and locked the door on the way out.  Cocky SOB wasn't he!

Vulcan94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top