Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 7:48:08 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers and police officials on Tuesday held a press conference announcing a guns-for-tickets program.  The one-week program opened Wednesday. Anyone can bring a working gun into a city police station and exchange it for a voucher good for a pair of tickets to an upcoming 76ers game, no questions asked!  So, if you are a criminal and you want to see a free game while getting rid of your old gun just stop by the police station this week, drop it off, and enjoy the game!  "If we get one (gun), it's a successful program," said Billy King, the team's president. "If we get one, if we get a thousand, whatever we get that's going to be good enough." Sitting at a table with 15 guns ranging from semi-automatic rifles to small handguns, Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said the program wasn't only for illegal guns. He would be happy if law-abiding citizens turned in their firearms, too.  Johnson also stated, "Any gun that can kill needs to be taken off the streets."  Too bad Johnson can't focus on taking criminals off the streets.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I can trade these.....

For basketball tickets??????

Where the fuck is that line dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Take criminals off the street? But were would they live? Everyone knows people don’t cause crime. Police taking criminals off the street what is this country coming too! They are innocent victims of society.  It’s the evils guns that case crime! Especially if the have black plastic and a bayonet lug! Drive buy bayoneting have multiply 10 time since the assault weapon ban expired!

10 X 0 = 0
100 X 0 =0
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
bunch of nazis..
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Douche bags.

I bet they go home at night and think they are a real credit to society.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]

IDIOT.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What the fuck? So lets start some math. Ar-15 avrage cost 500 dollars ahh depends. I never bought tickets but i think they are under 50 for rather good seats. Wow you get riped. If i had alot of money I would buy a M82 and trade it in. Or a M16 with a m203 on it. It would be funny.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm on a project in Philly and last week some guys I work with came in and told me they were trading b-ball tics for guns.  With a perfectly straight face I asked how tickets I'd have to turn in to get a gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top