Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 12:19:18 PM EDT
I can feel it in the air.  Some of the birds are chirping, days are getting longer, spring peepers are sounding off.  I figure in 3 weeks everything will be blooming.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree. Our breeding robins returned to their nest two weeks ago and it is in the 70's today. We will still have some wet snows but the cold is over.

The Colorado groundhog didn't see his shadow.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm it is 23 here in buffalo - snowing at lunch when I was out- so NO,  I'm not getting that "spring is just around the corner" feeling
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
its about 85 outside right now. Texas has no definable seasons. Its fucking hot, or fucking cold.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Already seeing a lot of bird activity. Our backyard mockingbird is already doing his jumps and flips on top our chimney, as he does every year spring time. He is also singing quiet a bit now.

Things were already blooming about a 2 weeks ago, until we got a reminder weekend before last that winter was still here. But its warming up again, in the upper 70's now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
what are these "seasons" you speak of?

i live in miami.  it's hot
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can feel it in the air. Some of the birds are chirping, days are getting longer, spring peepers are sounding off.  I figure in 3 weeks everything will be blooming.

All I can feel in the air is stinging flecks of snow and ice when the wind picks up.

Its about 5 above zero here, I think some of our birds are stuck frozen to the trees.....

I really hope you are correct about spring coming early.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Was in the 70's yesterday and today. It feels so great outside I started my hiking season early.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Was in the 70's yesterday and today. It feels so great outside I started my hiking season early.

+1

It feels like spring is here.

We will probably get a few wet, heavy snow-dumps but the cold days and snow that stays around is done I'd say.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Where I live (SW MI) we haven't had any real snow since before Christmas.  The weather has absolutely sucked in my opinion, I haven't been skiing once, and its in the 40s right now and sunny.  I don't think I'm going to get to go this year at all.  Hopefully it at least warms up quickly so I feel like hitting the trails on my bike.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It feels like spring is here.

We will probably get a few wet, heavy snow-dumps but the cold days and snow that stays around is done I'd say.

Pretty much how it works here.  Usually 1 good snow from the beginning of March up to April 10th but there is enough direct sunlight that it usually melts in a hurry though it causes my logging jobs to become a muddy mess.  At least there will not be weeks on end of sub-freezing temps.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
It's been spring in Iowa all winter. Except for a few "real" winter days a couple of weeks ago it's been spring-like all the time. Hell, it's 45 degrees right now, and tomorrow should be about 63. We had a lot of days in the '60s in January, for God's sake.

When spring actually gets here no one will notice.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#13]
well, iwth all this warm weather, we should be getting charged more for natural gas soon because we did not use enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top