Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:49:13 AM EDT
Last year I sold a old xbox on ebay for 160.00 yeah I know people can buy them in the stores for cheaper then that, but I have also sold a old a/v receiver , a old tv , I have given some stuff to my neighbors.
I have probably sold more stuff to my neighbors then they would have ever bought.

Full suround sound system for $80.00 , a old digi cam , a wireless remote , various old cables ( optical , s-vid , blah blah blah.)

Now I have a old cell phone ..

But I was wondering what do others do with their old electronics?
Any reason I should save them?
I cant think of one because you get more money for them if you sell them before they get comepletely out-dated..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Well this is what I do with my old electronics!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/dooobious/GUN.jpg

Is that 45 watt or 9mm band?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

you do realize your social security card is laying right there
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Target practice.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And his name is John Q Public?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Target practice.  

I have done that with a few old dvd players I had laying around!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yeah the first 5 can steal my identity but the other must disregard
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Usually they get sold at a garage sale, or taken to Goodwill.  Best Buy used to have a bin where you could dump your old cell phone for "recycling".
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Tannerite works quite well with electronics!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
We didn't throw out our old rotary phone until last year, and it had been broken beyond repair for five years prior. I liked that phone; it had character.

Generally, unless it's damaged beyond any use, we box it up and store it somewhere. Heck, we've got fully functional computers from the 80's still. My first television my parents gave me had a UHF and VHF knob and was actually made in America, it's so old. I still got it too, somewhere in a closet. I just stopped using it when I got a tv with a built-in VCR and better image quality (but slightly smaller screen), which I stopped using in favor of a tv with the same features but a much larger screen (about normal size by today's standards).

Heck, I've still got my old Atari and NES. When I got a PS2, I let my sister borrow my PSX on permanent loan.

We don't get rid of electronics unless they're completely useless to us. The result of this habit is that everything we held on to all these years, long after they were worthless, is either still usable or worth money now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top