Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:32:38 PM EDT
I'm a school teacher, so I can't exactly be a friggin ZOMBIE at work tomorrow and live in peace.

I have a cold, not the flu, just a cold and my nose is a damned faucet non-stop right now.  My head hurts.

Two nyquils, in the past, put me in zombie mode most of the next morning...right up to about lunchtime when I stop being groggy.

I've had too many substitutes lately for district meetings, so I'm not taking the day off--it's a pain in the ass getting ready for a sub anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Vote for the nyquil. Just go to bed 4 hours earlier than usual.  If you can't handle nyquil, then I don't know what to tell you.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
One if you have to be functional in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
87!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't do a whole "shot".
Makes me too jittery to sleep, but a 1/2 dose does wonders for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
frankly, the tablets are for pussies, you should be doing shots of it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just take a nyquil and a dayquil. That way you will dream that you can't sleep.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Your not a real man unless you can drink shots of the green shit!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
when in doubt...empty the bottle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]

I have a prescription for ambien and it works great when I can't fall asleep.
I have been laying in bed until the sun comes up before I feel sleepy.  Ambien gets me to sleep and I don't feel groggy after about 8 hours from taking it.

or you could just do the '40 Year Old Virgin' game...

'Take 3 tylenol pm and masturbate, try to orgasm before you fall asleep...the best part is you always win'
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They effect you after sleep?

Wierd...Then again, most things dont work on me. I took 2 Ambien CR's once. Didnt do shit. I was sad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They effect you after sleep?

Wierd...Then again, most things dont work on me. I took 2 Ambien CR's once. Didnt do shit. I was sad.

I'm useless for a few hours after I get up.  There's a good chance that if I take two (I just took one...waiting to decide on one more or not) that I might fall asleep standing up in the shower.

I refuse to give up my man card on this.  Nyquil is selectively evil shit...I've seen offensive lineman stagger around after it and women who can drink the stuff like water.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I take 1.  Always knocks me right out.  Make sure you can get about 8 hours to sleep it off though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
in arfcom fasion: get both!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top