Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 5:52:56 PM EDT
One STORM case (IN ORANGE FOR MIS-DIRECTION)
m4gery
Glock 21
spyderco temperance
Glock tactical stock
glock 16inch Impulse barrel
5 glock mags
10 AR mags
sidearmor mag holder for glock mag
side armor holster for glock
.22LR conversion kit for glock 21 in case(case is open in pic)

plus I got like 10 extra foam sheets so I can change the configuration later if I want.

Pics are under bad lighting but you get the idea.....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
what did the setup run you? (not counting guns and equipment)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what did the setup run you? (not counting guns and equipment)

Gift from friend it was free for me..... but I think they spent around $240 after shipping with one fill up of foam...I got extra foam from a local store for like $22
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
no other opinions...damn....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it float?

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

OHHH sh!t ...I so got to to try that...I need to find some one with a pool and try that out.....it will most likely sink like a rock cause it is heavy.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

OHHH sh!t ...I so got to to try that...I need to find some one with a pool and try that out.....it will most likely sink like a rock cause it is heavy.....

Well damnit man get on it!!!! Got to be prepared in case you have a boating accident!

-Ben

ETA: Or pull a Ted Kennedy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

all pelican cases float...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

Depends on how loaded up it is.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
does anyone know...can I flay with two guns in one case...I thought I have seen that it was a no-no....
but  everything ive been reading online doesnt say.....

This set up wasnt for flying.... mostly for storage on road trips with the family to keep the little ones out of my toys....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

but this isnt a pelican its a "Storm" a different kinda plastic(dont know if this effects it))....the case alone is like 30lbs...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

and so did the Titanic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

and so did the Titanic.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I was realy hoping for more opinions.............
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I like it, good use of a container, nice cut outs, you get creativity points. Staying inconspicuous when transporting this stuff is hard, so your method is nice for that. I'd really hate to alert the old folks, or even worse, the scum bag types on my street, as to what i'm loading into the car.

For me, I'd rather fill that up with ammo and use a Wolf rifle bag. I feel the Strom box may be too large/heavy/bulky. Although, I've yet to find my own perfect solution, so I don't have much room to talk.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Look for the interior cubic feet of the case online.  Does X cubic feet of water weigh more than what the full case weighs?  If yes, then it should float, provided it is water tight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Look for the interior cubic feet of the case online.  Does X cubic feet of water weigh more than what the full case weighs?  If yes, then it should float, provided it is water tight.

Good Idea Ill see what I can find out....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it float?

-Ben

and so did the Titanic.

+1

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#19]
i am about to buy a storm case before i travel to my 7 day class in april...

i didn't even think of doing that type of case...great idea..

but i need to travel with the following:

18inch AR
18inch 870
2 1911s
4 20rnd mags
8 1911 mags

i think im going to have to spring for the 3100....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe I say:  "SWWEEEEET!!!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm willing to bet my left nut that it will float with what you have in it and more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't float it in a pool, the chlorine will eat your gaskets. Nice set up. It will float with you on it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm willing to bet my left nut that it will float with what you have in it and more.

Quoted:
Don't float it in a pool, the chlorine will eat your gaskets. Nice set up. It will float with you on it.

ill try it in a lake this spring..LOL...till then mine...dont worry ill have a rope tied to it real good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top