Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
At real auctions I dont even bid early because it gets people into a frenzy of stupidness. Most items start out real slow and before you know if, the "snipers" engage in full force. I love it, its fun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sniping is the only way to fly on ebay.

no, selling with a few extra accounts to use as shill bidders is the only way to fly

Now, that shit DOES piss me off!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
God, I hate those Ebay sniping cocksuckers.  Just lost a Hilti SF 4000 Drywall gun and SMI 55 feeder at the 1 second mark to some fucking douche.

Snipe the bastards back. Dont get mad get even. I got sniped out of a few things so I use a bid sniper myself now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The key thing is just bid the maxium you are will to pay for the item and leave it. If you get it for that price or less great you got a good deal. I think alot of people get caught up in a fury in the last few minutes of and auction and they feel they have to get it no matter what they pay. Like someone said by the time you win the auction and pay for shipping you could get in the store cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Made a boo-boo one time on an Ebay bid...

2min left on an item, bid now up to $35.....I decide to increase my max bid to $40.
So , I'm watching the auction and happen to notice that I didn't enter $40.....I entered $400 by mistake.

No time to recall bid now, luckily I won the item for only $36... whew.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for sniping addresses
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Open up two windows of the same auction.  In one window go to the bid history and shrink the size of the window down and move it to one side.  In the other window place your bid and follow through to the confirm bid page, shrink this down also so that it is a little bigger than the confirm bid button area. Place this page somewhere handy to the other window so you can quickly get to the button.

To keep up with the time until auction end refresh the first screen, this way there are way less graphics to load and reload so you can get a much clearer idea of actual time left.  As soon as you feel like you have reached your limit hit the confirm button in the other open screen, hopefully the prize is yours.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Open up two windows of the same auction.  In one win.............<cropped>....................time left.  As soon as you feel like you have reached your limit hit the confirm button in the other open screen, hopefully the prize is yours.....

Very sneaky....  I like it..... Cheers for that, will give it a go.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Bid the maximum you're willing to pay, then forget about it.  

Sniping is a silly mental game you don't have to involve yourself in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
God, I hate those Ebay sniping cocksuckers.  Just lost a Hilti SF 4000 Drywall gun and SMI 55 feeder at the 1 second mark to some fucking douche.

You should have bid more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd like to have an "auction end randomizer" function on Ebay.  When you auction something off, you only give a RANGE of time when the auction will end.  Say, from 4:30pm to 5:30 pm.  It ends SOMETIME in there.  Randomly.  

Hard to snipe at the last second if you don't know when the last second is.

Jim

That might screw over the seller...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
The Gunbroker system is like a standard "Going, going...gone" auction.

I think that e-Bay should allow that as an option when you list something.  That was they can gauge the interest in it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Bid higher.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sniping is the only way to fly on ebay.

no, selling with a few extra accounts to use as shill bidders is the only way to fly

Amen. That's the reason I wait. I've watched things for days with no bids, and then have a reply bid within minutes of my bid.

They can't shill bid the first time, but will as soon as there is a bid.
Sniping gives them less opportunity do do so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I sold a bunch of stuff this weekend, most of my ebay activities is selling, over 90%.

I used turbolister to put a bunch of collectibles for auction, and started/ended the auction on early Sunday afternoon EST (that's a seller tip, time auction to close so you get the max audience available on both coasts in the US, not 3:22 am in Nebraska on a Tuesday morning)..

Two people wanted two of the items and the auctions for both ended about 5 seconds apart.  One guy (Bidder A) sniped another bidder (Bidder B) and won the auction but Bidder B sniped Bidder A on the other auction that ended 5 seconds later.

I cracked up
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Open up two windows of the same auction.  In one win.............<cropped>....................time left.  As soon as you feel like you have reached your limit hit the confirm button in the other open screen, hopefully the prize is yours.....

Very sneaky....  I like it..... Cheers for that, will give it a go.....

You're welcome.  I snipe just for the competition, it would be boring any other way...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
At real auctions I dont even bid early because it gets people into a frenzy of stupidness. Most items start out real slow and before you know if, the "snipers" engage in full force. I love it, its fun.

Remember the Barrett Jackson auto auctions a month or so ago?  All the frenzy is in the last seconds.  Same for eBay.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top