Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did you learn your shooting stances in Liberia?

+1.  Photoshop the contrast, and it will be indistinguishable..........

figured ya'lled like that photo. Don't worry to much about any houses in the direction of fire they are 1/2 mile to the far left and 1/4 mile to the far right. As for the transformer, it has not been hooked to anything in years and has been fair game by local deer hunters. As for the beer bellies and shooting stances well.................

Now there's a quote.  I didn't want to pile on, but 5 miles would be too close.  FUCK!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
One of your Kids called , He's out of Twinkies.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Photoshop the contrast, and it will be indistinguishable..........

figured ya'lled like that photo. Don't worry to much about any houses in the direction of fire they are 1/2 mile to the far left and 1/4 mile to the far right. As for the transformer, it has not been hooked to anything in years and has been fair game by local deer hunters. As for the beer bellies and shooting stances well.................

Now there's a quote.  I didn't want to pile on, but 5 miles would be too close.  FUCK!

absolutely correct
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/14726-wrong.jpg

wonder what this guy's^ ARFcom screen name is?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be one pissed cookie if my house was a 1/4 mile away from you idiots. Let's do the math, 1/4 mile is roughly 1320' which is a mere 440 yards. You don't think a round could travel that far?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just here for the ride..Isn't shooting into, or over bodies of water...Illegal ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Never in my life have I even contemplated holding a weapon over my head in that manner, much less pulling the trigger. Where does one learn such a stance? Just how much alcohol was involved in the making of this picture?

Damn...........just damn
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#10]
[ForrestGump] Stupid is as stupid does. [/ForrestGump]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah I forgot, the only way to enjoy shooting is to sit down, put your rifle in a rest, and put 3 holes in a piece of paper while dreaming of the one day a lifetime ago when you actually shot something that didnt have a complimentary shredder with it.

My god range nazis, chill the fuck out.(FYI: it is superbly obvious that the above the head stance is playing off the monrovia jokes. Just note every single one of the stances in the photo was in the monrovia thread)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/14726-wrong.jpg

wonder what this guy's^ ARFcom screen name is?

the member formerly known as FOX-?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I like how everyone KNOWS exactly whats in the area of the way there shooting. Like you live there and all.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I like how everyone KNOWS exactly whats in the area of the way there shooting. Like you live there and all.

well they are bouncing fast moving projectiles ( bullets ) off of water. thats all i need to know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh yeah I forgot, the only way to enjoy shooting is to sit down, put your rifle in a rest, and put 3 holes in a piece of paper while dreaming of the one day a lifetime ago when you actually shot something that didnt have a complimentary shredder with it.

My god range nazis, chill the fuck out.(FYI: it is superbly obvious that the above the head stance is playing off the monrovia jokes. Just note every single one of the stances in the photo was in the monrovia thread)

Exactly, I figured these were some kind of spoof pics intended to be so bad they were funny. Probably ten miles of nothing behind that little pond.

Don't 5.56/.223 bullets shatter into a million pieces the millisecond they touch one molecule of water vapor anyway ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
At the angle they are shooting those bullets will be richocheting right off the surface of that pond.

And THERE ARE also houses ( at least 1 ) approx 1/4 mile away ( directly in the line of fire ) ..... notice the step down transformer on the utility pole. That is there to convert 7KV to 110-220 ( aka power for houses extremely near that pole / transformer )

What a bunch of absolute assclowns.

In breeding at it's finest.

edited to add photo:

www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/26595assclowns.jpg

Or maybe a submergible well or an outlet for an electric fence or a condensation preventor for a gas line??  Lighten up Francis  

Edit: never mind i read more of the thread
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Some of us would be happy that THEY actually cared what was down range......
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope it wasn't a serious pic.  But either way, sometimes shit works in mysterious ways.  Just when I think my life is truly F'd up I look at this picture and just be happy that at least I wasn't there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#22]
oh my!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks about as safe as sky diving with a rucksack.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~macro2a/FISH.PNG

LMFAO  

Best one yet - saving to my hard drive
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well they are bouncing fast moving projectiles ( bullets ) off of water. thats all i need to know.

And your point? You DONT know the area. That could be 5+ miles straight back with nothing there. I could post pictures of me shooting cause there is NOTHING for like 15 miles behind my shooting place. BUt people will freak out just because they dont know. If you dont know, dont worry about it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who said they DONT care? They know what there doing on there own shooting place. You dont.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Cool!!  Someone send that pic to Jeff Foxworthy.... I think he'd get enough material for a  whole new "You might be a redneck if" book!

No Expert

Here's yer sign...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Umm... can someone dig up the "I just blew up my brand new Bushmaster bump-firing it under water" thread? It might shed somelight on the challenged people of the world.

No - I mean seriously - find the thread!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#28]
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one..........whew.............
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Only thing missing is Burt Reynolds in a canoe, and a banjo in somebody's hands......

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your point? You DONT know the area. That could be 5+ miles straight back with nothing there. I could post pictures of me shooting cause there is NOTHING for like 15 miles behind my shooting place. BUt people will freak out just because they dont know. If you dont know, dont worry about it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who said they DONT care? They know what there doing on there own shooting place. You dont.

Know your target, and what's behind it.

I don't know about you, but I like to know where my bullets are going. And who or what might be downrange.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
There's people like that out there in the world? I thought they all were in Vegas.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ummm.....

Something about shooting into water, but....ehh...I don't seem to remember exactly what it was...

I did that until one came back. Pretty much the same angle those guys were too, It cracked through the air right between my head and my brothers head and we were only a few feet apart.

That was the last time I ever did that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i bet he was expceting a bunch of "wow cool" responses.

isnt it great when threads dont go as planned?

Reminds me of the pic one member posted with the gun on the dashboard and a open beer while he was driving.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about you, but I like to know where my bullets are going. And who or what might be downrange.

Thats basically wtf I just said. NO ONE HERE BUT THEM KNOWS!!!! YEt people are bitching at them over somethign they DONT FUCKING KNOW!!!

I will say this though. If they dont even know, then shame on them for not being carefull..... But only they know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe they should have stated what was in their path, if nothing at all, before they posted those pictures that they should be ashamed to post anyways. There's no backstop except water, so you should sure as hell say that there was nothing in their path. But, you know.. if they were stupid enough to post those pictures, they're stupid enough to not post that there's nothing in their path.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats basically wtf I just said. NO ONE HERE BUT THEM KNOWS!!!! YEt people are bitching at them over somethign they DONT FUCKING KNOW!!!

The reason they're being bitched at is because they're shooting at a body of water with a solid treeline in the background. Even at the moment they were there shooting, how would they know where their bullets were going? How do they even know downrange is clear with that foliage in the way (not even factoring in the ricocheting effect of that water)?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Even the appearance of impropriety will get you on the 6 O'clock news.  This is the ARFCOM news.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The reason they're being bitched at is because they're shooting at a body of water with a solid treeline in the background. Even at the moment they were there shooting, how would they know where their bullets were going? How do they even know downrange is clear with that foliage in the way (not even factoring in the ricocheting effect of that water)?

The fact is, he is being jumped on for things NO ONE but them know. Yes, they may not know, but for people to jump on someone from a few pics and not know anything about the place isnt right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact is, he is being jumped on for things NO ONE but them know. Yes, they may not know, but for people to jump on someone from a few pics and not know anything about the place isnt right.

Okay, here's the thing: he's being jumped on for things no one, including them, know. See my point now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Let's say you take a pot full of shit and put a stick in it.....  What is an arfcommer going to do?
/stir
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, here's the thing: he's being jumped on for things no one, including them, know. See my point now?

I saw everyones point along time ago.... But the faact remains. they know more about there surroundings than we do. They are there, we are not.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#42]
WTF!?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#43]
This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people just don't understand the concept of middle of nowhere/not another human being within 20 miles...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people just don't understand the concept of middle of nowhere/not another human being within 20 miles...

except that the thread started stated himself that wasn't the case.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Oooh, wasn't paying attention...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#47]
this is starting to get interesting
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
this is starting to get interesting

it did when you made this thread
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Tag
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top