Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 9:47:50 PM EDT
I have a 3406E.
I am  getting engine code 55
WTF is it?
cannot find it online and dont want to pay some guy 80 bux to tell me my H2O level sensor is bad
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry dude I got the b series.
I would ask some of the guys on
www.thedieselstop.com
good luck
BIG
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the symptoms?  Or just following up on the code?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Seriel number please and I will look it up for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Looked up several different 3406E truck engines and cat says-

If the system displays a Flash Code 55 (No Detected Faults) when reading diagnostic flash codes, the system has not detected any system faults since the last power up.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
cool, thanx
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looked up several different 3406E truck engines and cat says-

If the system displays a Flash Code 55 (No Detected Faults) when reading diagnostic flash codes, the system has not detected any system faults since the last power up.

yup
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
alright I have another question:

My oil cooler went out (engine not tranny), when they were done replacing all the parts and ready to flush the coolant system.....
The guy comes out with 3 spray cans of brake cleaner. Sprays it right down the resevior
fills it with water and we start the flush process....

THEN he dumps in a BOX of cascade, fills with water and MTs it 3 times before filling it with coolant.
Is this right? Cause my truck is fooged up now.
Waterpump weep hole drips about 1/2 gal a day, and the fooger smokes when I first start it up which it never did before.

Some mechs I have spoken with looked like this when I told them about the brake parts cleaner thing. I did this in Gulfport MS, I had an oil change due by FL, the grease monkey pops off the pressure cap, and says "this smells like degreaser", I tell him the story and he looks like

I think someone screwed up.....anyone care to share?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used the Cascade trick (liquid dishwashing-less foam) but never brakleen or solvent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never seen anyone use parts cleaner.

I would say flush it several more times. Cat makes a great flush that is used while you operate, just add it on the last leg of your trip before you get to where you will ahve it flushed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I am employed by a cat dealer. We do use cascade for cleaning the cooling system. I would never use brake cleaner in a cooling system it can have a bad reaction with the rubber seals in  the system.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am employed by a cat dealer. We do use cascade for cleaning the cooling system. I would never use brake cleaner in a cooling system it can have a bad reaction with the rubber seals in  the system.

+1   well..former Cat dealer employee.

We use cascade all the time to flush cooling systems after an oil cooler failure, but never have used solvent or brake clean.

I have had some bad trucks come in, the coolant/oil mix coming out of the radiator looking like pudding, usually takes a day of hard running on the chassis dyno and a lot of water/cascade flushes to get it cleaned out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
thanx guys, thats what I figured

Someone is buying me a new H20 pump, and whatever else they f-ed up.

Now when I start it all I smell is anti-freeze/ colant comin' out da pipes
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
You should not be seeing white smoke out the pipes, regardless of what they used to clean the radiator.  If you actually have coolant getting into the combustion chambers and going out the exhaust you have other problems.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top