Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:48:04 PM EDT
Eight Illegal Aliens Arrested Outside Orange, CA Home Depot Store
(CBS) ORANGE, Calif. Eight men were arrested outside a Home Depot store in Orange and turned over to immigration authorities. The men were cited for violating a city ordinance that prohibited soliciting work outside a home improvement store. A federal judge struck down a similar law that prohibited day laborers from soliciting work on the curbside, arguing that it violated the workers' free speech rights. The eight were taken to a Border Patrol checkpoint in south Orange County. Another man that was picked up was cited and released. "These are not immigration sweeps. We are arresting people who are violating our laws," said Orange police Sgt. Fred Lopez.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]

We are arresting people who are violating our laws

So i suppose that illegally comming into the country isn't violating the law there?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't get it.  Are you being sarcastic or do you feel it is wrong to arrest and deport these people?
I am not outraged.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope to heck it spreads here.  People breaking the law should get arrested....duh....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn those Californians!! They might hurt the poor illegals feelings!!

You know...it did happen in Orange County after all.

I'd actually like this to spread to the rest of the STATE!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn those Californians!! They might hurt the poor illegals feelings!!

You know...it did happen in Orange County after all.

I'd actually like this to spread to the rest of the STATE!

I'm with ya on this one!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets see, they arrested 8 illegals and sent em back. What is wrong with that in your book popeye? Id call it a good start.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
California... Figures..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
There like ants they just keep comin back....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Another judge and another convoluted application of free speech. Same shit different day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We are arresting people who are violating our laws

So i suppose that illegally comming into the country isn't violating the law there?

For a 3rd degree smartass you need to brush up on your sarcasm lessons.  (And your reading comprehension)  "These are not immigration sweeps. We are arresting people who are violating our laws," said Orange police Sgt. Fred Lopez.    That's what we usually like our PDs to do, arrest people breaking the law, like they did here.  Didn't you see that part about turning them over to La Migra?

Of course it's an outrage, everything we do here in CA is an outrage that spreads cancerlike to the other states.  Or at least that's some of the knuckleheads here are always complaining about.  Oh woe is them California is starting something that might spread here, Save us.

I'm never sarcastic, I only get mildly facetious once in a while.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lets see, they arrested 8 illegals and sent em back. What is wrong with that in your book popeye? Id call it a good start.

shhh don't tell anybody else, they might actually figure it out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Another judge and another convoluted application of free speech. Same shit different day.

OK, I give up.  Are you sure you are referring to the first post in this thread??
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I give up.  Are you sure you are referring to the first post in this thread??

A federal judge struck down a similar law that prohibited day laborers from soliciting work on the curbside, arguing that it violated the workers' free speech rights. The eight were taken to a Border Patrol

I would say yes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure why the writer stuck that in though.  It applied to laborers out on the public right-of-way.  these workers were on private property.

Going to be interesting, if you get ahold of the more detailed reports.  the PD is saying that they were responding to a Home Depot request. A Home Depot spokesman said they didn't call.

I would hope that it wasn't a concerned citizen calling and saying he was from the HD.  Caller ID should take care of that.  then again maybe not.  Naah, only somebody like an ArfCommer might do that.

HD is going to have to shit or get off the pot.  Either they are going to support day laborers congregating on theirproperty, and take the necessary means to accomodate the situation, or they are going to have to say they don't and take efforts to run them off.  The Home Depot in Brea, a medium to upscaleish community doesn't appear to have any laborers around.  The HD in La Habra, usually has a few and they always seem to be on the street side of a yellow line painted down the middle of the parking lot.  (Hmmm, I wonder???)  The one in Fullerton/Placentia, not only usually has a bunch there (and no line I recall seeing) and down the street.  At the Loews in Fullerton, they are all across the street and not on the Loews center property.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope it spreads up here. I was at the Home Depot in East Palo Alto a couple of weeks ago and there were illegals all over the place. Contractors were waiting in line to pick them up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I may have been mistaken in the fact you seemed upset by the fact that thera are 8 less illegal government mooches in my country.
Land mines and razor wire at the border could stop a lot of this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I may have been mistaken in the fact you seemed upset by the fact that thera are 8 less illegal government mooches in my country.
Land mines and razor wire at the border could stop a lot of this.

OK somebody smack this guy with a clue stick, he's getting cabin fever from staying indoors most of the Winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top